WR Antwane Wells receives offer

losing out on coleman and wells hurt no doubt, but I assume it means we're getting ladson

I saw what Rambo did with TVD and in my opinion, Ladson is more talented.

Mix in Ladson with the three amigos we got last year and I think we're in a good spot at WR especially right before the elite '23 class
Ladson is not more talented than Rambo, he has potential to maybe be pretty good if he stays healthy, but he’s not as good of a WR as Rambo was coming in...

Ladson was ranked higher coming out of HS so people draw that parallel, but in terms of hands & route running, it’s Rambo by a mile.

We can hope Ladson will be better than he’s been throughout his career, but lets not spin too hard we say things that have very little evidence to support lol.

Advertisement
Seems like Mario is really concentrating on the HS recruiting and finishing strong and then using the portal to fill in the gaps.
I think we go portal later after Spring , and likely still grab some guys before school starts back but yeah. He wants HS difference makers and is pushing for all the guys Yiu j ow about and a couple you don’t. There could be an interior guy possibly popping up. Btw here’s my text to inday about wells and his visit. Just to show Im not jiving.

F7F22C77-1866-49BD-AC5E-F57E3272715F.jpeg

Last edited:
losing out on coleman and wells hurt no doubt, but I assume it means we're getting ladson

I saw what Rambo did with TVD and in my opinion, Ladson is more talented.

Mix in Ladson with the three amigos we got last year and I think we're in a good spot at WR especially right before the elite '23 class
That would put us at 9 scholarship wide receivers, three of which are made of glass. We are not fine at receiver, Ladson + 1 minimum. Don't forget we lost 5 guys from this years wide receiver room, and we are talking about running a spread. And I say that thinking highly of our young guys.

I think we have a lot of good potential talent, but could still use a sure thing.

Great teams don’t rest on their laurels, adding more talent is the name of the game.
They just missed on a couple guys period. I know why that is but I’m not putting out excuses. Once everything in in place ( not just coaches) things will be a lot smoother. I do know they want and prefer HS game changers . But that doesn’t change they missed on a couple wr’s.

Advertisement
That would put us at 9 scholarship wide receivers, three of which are made of glass. We are not fine at receiver, Ladson + 1 minimum. Don't forget we lost 5 guys from this years wide receiver room, and we are talking about running a spread. And I say that thinking highly of our young guys.
Yeah I truly didn't know the scholarship numbers so I appreciate you adding that. I was talking more from a talent standpoint saying I think the unit will succeed without wells and Coleman

They just missed on a couple guys period. I know why that is but I’m not putting out excuses. Once everything in in place ( not just coaches) things will be a lot smoother. I do know they want and prefer HS game changers . But that doesn’t change they missed on a couple wr’s.
Being late on our coaching hires has to be effecting these kids decisions. These portal kids already got wooed during recruiting selling hopes and dreams of a HC about his team they want to know who their direct coaches are who will be improving them and most importantly how they will fit in the offense to get them back on schedule to make the league

It’s not the end of the world, but we can always use another weapon.

Especially considering the offense we’ll be running, we’re gonna need a sure handed catcher that move the chains & make tough contested catches in traffic.

But there’s still guys available & there’s still time, so it’s not Defcon 1, but we can always use more productivity.

Being late on our coaching hires has to be effecting these kids decisions. These portal kids already got wooed during recruiting selling hopes and dreams of a HC about his team they want to know who their direct coaches are who will be improving them and most importantly how they will fit in the offense to get them back on schedule to make the league
It’s not staff imo. He’s only been here a month . Once the Nil thing is fully in place ajd other areas we’ll be Gucci. They’re focusing heavy on HS kids though.

Advertisement
I think we go portal later after Spring , and likely still grab some guys before school starts back but yeah. He wants HS difference makers and is pushing for all the guys Yiu j ow about and a couple you don’t. There could be an interior guy possibly popping up. Btw here’s my text to inday about wells and his visit. Just to show Im not jiving.

View attachment 171636
You need to buy a phone charger asap. Dont want to lose out on the next cribbits because the Iphone is dead

Ladson is not more talented than Rambo, he has potential to maybe be pretty good if he stays healthy, but he’s not as good of a WR as Rambo was coming in...

Ladson was ranked higher coming out of HS so people draw that parallel, but in terms of hands & route running, it’s Rambo by a mile.

We can hope Ladson will be better than he’s been throughout his career, but lets not spin too hard we say things that have very little evidence to support lol.
I agree Rambo is a better route runner and more sudden but man Rambo dropped a lot of balls this year let’s not forget this..

Advertisement
It’s not the end of the world, but we can always use another weapon.

Especially considering the offense we’ll be running, we’re gonna need a sure handed catcher that move the chains & make tough contested catches in traffic.

But there’s still guys available & there’s still time, so it’s not Defcon 1, but we can always use more productivity.
Isn’t some receiver they call Papi about to jump in the portal. A local guy that went somewhere else?

I was told Sunday he loved the visit but I'm a little surprised he pop'd that fast

Yeah, and to SOUTH CAROLINA?! I mean, I could understand it if he fell in love with the Clemson campus, but South Carolina? And Shane Beamer?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back