WR Antwane Wells receives offer

Advertisement
Fail Novak Djokovic GIF by Australian Open

**** we even had a position coach here, portal is no bueno so far. Good thing it’s only January.

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** that sucks but feel like there’s a productive WR popping up daily in the portal
There were...

- Trey Palmer from LSU signed with Nebraska
- Mario Williams from Oklahoma signed with USC
- Brenden Rice from Colorado signed with USC
- Shocky Jacques-Louis from Pitt signed with Akron
- Isaiah Neyor from Wyoming signed with Tenn
- Jacob Cowing from UTEP signed with Arizona
- Konata Mumpfield from Akron signed with Pitt

There’s still Deion Smith from LSU (who’s a speedster) but he’s been said to be leaning towards going back home to Mississippi, so he’ll probably sign with Ole Miss.

Kyren Lacy who was very productive at ULL is headed to either Auburn or LSU.

Kobe Hudson from Auburn is still available too.

But otherwise, it’s looking like we’re just gonna have to hope Ladson finally stays healthy & fixes his drops issues.

Last edited:
The portal isn't the same as HS recruiting , you must strike early and fast. Especially when it's close to time to enroll. These kids want this over and to get acclimated to the program. Having visits set up with less than two weeks to enroll is playing it very close. I do think there'll be the some quality players hitting the portal after tonight though. There's still time to land some kids and I think we will , but it looks like after spring is when we'll be the busiest.

The HS class wil be bigger than I originally thought , I know it's Mario but I didn't think we could get to 15-16 quality guys as late as he showed up. Today I think that's very doable.

if it’s not apparent at this point that there needs to be a staff in place in order to show these portal guys what they’re working with and who will be developing them to get to the next level…idk what else to tell you.

Advertisement
There were...

- Trey Palmer from LSU signed with Nebraska
- Mario Williams from Oklahoma signed with USC
- Brenden Rice from Colorado signed with USC
- Shocky Jacques-Louis from Pitt signed with Akron
- Isaiah Neyor from Wyoming signed with Tenn
- Jacob Cowing from UTEP signed with Arizona
- Konata Mumpfield from Akron signed with Pitt

There’s still Deion Smith from LSU (who’s a speedster) but he’s been said to be leaning towards going back home to Mississippi, so he’ll probably sign with Ole Miss.

Kyren Lacy who was very productive at ULL is headed to either Auburn or LSU.

Kobe Hudson from Auburn is still available too.

But otherwise, it’s looking like we’re just gonna have to hope Ladson finally stays healthy & fixes his drops issues.
Shocky to Akron is surprising no? I thought dude could play

Advertisement
losing out on coleman and wells hurt no doubt, but I assume it means we're getting ladson

I saw what Rambo did with TVD and in my opinion, Ladson is more talented.

Mix in Ladson with the three amigos we got last year and I think we're in a good spot at WR especially right before the elite '23 class

The portal isn't the same as HS recruiting , you must strike early and fast. Especially when it's close to time to enroll. These kids want this over and to get acclimated to the program. Having visits set up with less than two weeks to enroll is playing it very close. I do think there'll be the some quality players hitting the portal after tonight though. There's still time to land some kids and I think we will , but it looks like after spring is when we'll be the busiest.

The HS class wil be bigger than I originally thought , I know it's Mario but I didn't think we could get to 15-16 quality guys as late as he showed up. Today I think that's very doable.
Seems like Mario is really concentrating on the HS recruiting and finishing strong and then using the portal to fill in the gaps.

Shocky to Akron is surprising no? I thought dude could play
The new S&C coach at Akron Ben Iannacchione was an assistant Strength Coach at Pitt last year.

Plus the their new RB’s coach Terry Richardson (former Miami RB’s coach) has a connection with Shocky.

The new S&C coach at Akron Ben Iannacchione was an assistant Strength Coach at Pitt last year.

Plus the their new RB’s coach Terry Richardson (former Miami RB’s coach) has a connection with Shocky.
How do you feel about what’s on the roster? Other than numbers I think we’re fine. I feel george and Brinson take a big step next year

Advertisement
Back