WR Alexis hearing from Likens, has UM high in his mind

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
I won’t overreact to a random UT crystal ball yet but I can def hear the excuses/spinning already.

“Kid always wanted to leave, he was never coming here ....”
“How did we lose what we never had...”
“Whatever, we just signed 4 WRs and there are plenty in SoFla...”
“Whatever, not going to cry over a 6’ WR, they are dime a dozen

Perform like we should in the fall and he’ll come, along with several others. Do what we’ve done for the better part of the last 15 years which is vastly under achieve and he will leave, along with several others.

With him getting a Rivals bump, I expect his composite to rise in the next update.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As far as inside receivers go I’m a Smith fan, incredibly skilled player already and he’s got plenty of the “unteachables”

Their new WR's coach Andre Coleman comes from that K State program under Bill Synder just like Coach Hickson & those guys on his staffs were all grinders who know how to lock in on a recruit & get a signature, because recruiting at a place like K State is extra hard work.

But Jaden said Coleman, Yurcich & Herman have all been recruiting him hard & they were one of the earlier schools to be on him. He also said he wants to branch out on his own & blaze his own path like his dad did. His pops went to HS in Boca Raton but wound up going to college in Washington & played for several NFL teams.

He basically just wants to go to school elsewhere, he's not really interested in staying close to home.
I'm sure his dad isn't exactly the biggest UM fan either. Pretty sure his dad wanted to come here but we weren't really feeling it. And he wound up going all the way to Warshington. Being raised by a dad who did that means he's much more open to doing the same sort of thing.

Advertisement
From UT insider:

I also entered a Crystal Ball pick in favor of Texas for Pompano Beach (Fla.) Monarch wide receiver Jaden Alexis. This is a bit more of a projection with a slightly lower confidence score, but I’ve heard really strong things about Texas and the speedy wide receiver.

A source I spoke with indicated the Texas staff felt strong about where they stood. My only trepidation is a lack of strong sourcing in Florida. So far, everyone I've talked to in the Sunshine State acknowledged Texas was a school on Alexis’ mind, but they were having a hard time reading him right now.

This is one I’m going to enter and monitor closely over the next few months. The story will be how high or how low the confidence score goes.

From UT insider:

I also entered a Crystal Ball pick in favor of Texas for Pompano Beach (Fla.) Monarch wide receiver Jaden Alexis. This is a bit more of a projection with a slightly lower confidence score, but I’ve heard really strong things about Texas and the speedy wide receiver.

A source I spoke with indicated the Texas staff felt strong about where they stood. My only trepidation is a lack of strong sourcing in Florida. So far, everyone I've talked to in the Sunshine State acknowledged Texas was a school on Alexis’ mind, but they were having a hard time reading him right now.

This is one I’m going to enter and monitor closely over the next few months. The story will be how high or how low the confidence score goes.

Desperate times call for desperate CBs

Lol. The first one is not really an excuse, it's actually true, coming from his own mouth.

But it's definitely a loss not getting him unfortunately.

Understood. Still needs to happen. He is obviously interested as he was about to visit w his pops before **** hit the fan w this pandemic. We are making him a priority so yes big loss if we lose this kid IMO. This Texas CB means nothing to me though.

I won’t overreact to a random UT crystal ball yet but I can def hear the excuses/spinning already.

“Kid always wanted to leave, he was never coming here ....”
“How did we lose what we never had...”
“Whatever, we just signed 4 WRs and there are plenty in SoFla...”
“Whatever, not going to cry over a 6’ WR, they are dime a dozen

Perform like we should in the fall and he’ll come, along with several others. Do what we’ve done for the better part of the last 15 years which is vastly under achieve and he will leave, along with several others.

With him getting a Rivals bump, I expect his composite to rise in the next update.
U have to add the other side of the comments as well:

Rumph is horrible. Him, Patke, and Baker needs to go(Somehow they will still be blamed even though they don't coach Offense)

Likens has all this hype but haven't pulled anyone yet. He better get it together or he could go with Rumph.

That's bs. The bagman road in on a chariot and took him from us.

Them Texas bags are like the SEC bags.

If we buy lunch for a kid the NCAA will try to ban us.

Really the big 12!!! I could see if it was Oklahoma because they been winning and has 2 1st round WRs the last few years. But Texas!!! They barely better than us.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

My personal response is "It's May and a pandemic. Relax!!!

Advertisement
Back