WR Alexis hearing from Likens, has UM high in his mind

View as article
Likens has been here a couple months and is selling kids on breaking the all-time receptions record. My call: Neither Dugans nor Stubblefield knew that stat let alone quoted it to kids.

Gotta like where this is headed....
Lashlee/Likens mustve been laughing their *** off when they reviewed those records.. HUNH is volume by design so when they see Rosier holds records here, they dap'd up and was like this gonna be too easy.. Lol..

Advertisement
Physically he reminds me of Stacy Coley..seems to have a better head on his shoulders though..
Coley was the one kid who was thought to have a terrible attitude/work ethic coming into Miami based on things in allegedly in highschool however we never heard a peep about him being an issue at Miami which was great to see. Imo he was one of the most unappreciated canes we’ve ever had especially at receiver. Him and Alexis do have similar builds though

2nd in total catches at Miami
5th in yards by a receiver
4th in tds by a receiver .

Coley was the one kid who was thought to have a terrible attitude/work ethic coming into Miami based on things in allegedly in highschool however we never heard a peep about him being an issue at Miami which was great to see. Imo he was one of the most unappreciated canes we’ve ever had especially at receiver. Him and Alexis do have similar builds though

True he wasn’t ever a trouble maker in college but there did seem to be some mental toughness issues..regardless my post was more about being impressed with how this Alexis kid presents then an insult towards Coley, I enjoyed his time at Miami.

1st in injuries that weren't really injuries after the play.

All in all, I liked Coley though. Had nice career at UM outside soph slump, and the above huge catches vs. FSU.

Advertisement
They are all interchangeable to me at the top (Brinson, Alexis, Brooks)...Prob include Yul Brown although he's more all-purpose/pure slot

But gun to my head, I give the slightest nod to Alexis. I also like Nabers oos...But I can't see big SEC letting him not be a priority much longer

Give me one of the top group, along with 1 of a STRONG tier 2 (more like 1B, very deep this year) of George, B.Brown, Skinner, Eaford...Combined with a pure slot from anywhere (Daniels from Texas for instance if Yul Brown not interested, M.Rutherford at worst). Didn't include Stelatto bc doesn't look like he's interested, but he'd be in this 1B group as well.

And that's a top tier WR class even with letting some inevitable top talent getting away. If you take a 4th, make it pure speed or pure size/upside...(M.Curtis, T. Dawson, or for size M.Mclain) or of course 1 more of either of the top 2 groups if they wanna come.

Last edited:
He’s almost like Jeudy in the sense he didn’t play in pads early. Was a flag player though, his dad played in the league and saved him for HS
What's early in regards to Juedy? I coached against Juedy when he was 12 on the Coral Springs Chargers....full pads.

I saw Coley, Richards, Njoku, Herndon, Berrios, Walton, and co.. And we sucked.. SMH

What's early in regards to Juedy? I coached against Juedy when he was 12 on the Coral Springs Chargers....full pads.

That was probably his first year. I believe his first time playing in pads was around 7th grade. That’s late in South Florida, where most kids start at 5-7

Advertisement
A lot of Texas smoke from there 247 site.

One of the biggest wins could be in the form of Pompano Beach (Fla.) Monarch wide receiver Jaden Alexis. The south Florida speed merchant has the Longhorns high on his list and has been in contact with several Texas commits. Alexis is the type of athlete who could change the face of the receiver position in the 2021 class.

As I reported last week, Texas is making a big push for Pompano Beach (Fla.) Monarch wide receiver Jaden Alexis. Alexis spoke with Horns247 for an in-depth interview last week and said the Longhorns are very much on his mind. In speaking with sources in Austin, I was told Texas feels strong about where things stand with the speedy wideout. In fact, I was told by a couple of sources that the feel is the Longhorns are at the worst in a co-lead for Alexis. Several of the current commits have been in contact with him as well, and Alexis mentioned forming a bond with Jalen Milroeand Landen King. I’ve heard enough smoke around Alexis that I’m close to putting in a crystal ball pick for the Longhorns. My only reservation is that I don’t have a ton of strong sources in south Florida, so I’d like to take a little more time to see what I can find out.

One of the biggest wins could be in the form of Pompano Beach (Fla.) Monarch wide receiver Jaden Alexis. The south Florida speed merchant has the Longhorns high on his list and has been in contact with several Texas commits. Alexis is the type of athlete who could change the face of the receiver position in the 2021 class.

As I reported last week, Texas is making a big push for Pompano Beach (Fla.) Monarch wide receiver Jaden Alexis. Alexis spoke with Horns247 for an in-depth interview last week and said the Longhorns are very much on his mind. In speaking with sources in Austin, I was told Texas feels strong about where things stand with the speedy wideout. In fact, I was told by a couple of sources that the feel is the Longhorns are at the worst in a co-lead for Alexis. Several of the current commits have been in contact with him as well, and Alexis mentioned forming a bond with Jalen Milroeand Landen King. I’ve heard enough smoke around Alexis that I’m close to putting in a crystal ball pick for the Longhorns. My only reservation is that I don’t have a ton of strong sources in south Florida, so I’d like to take a little more time to see what I can find out.

Wtf......

He and Milroe chatting.....sounds bad now....might sound great later 😈

Advertisement

Texas isnt going to do ****. I wouldn't worry about them.

Advertisement
He’s a 4* now with last update in rankings.

1590083163620.png

Advertisement
Back