Wow

Benching Rosier for one series was useless. Sheriffs has little-to-no skill and likely will not be on the roster next year. Burning Perry’s redshirt would have been even dumber. DJ Dallas in the wildcat would have been better, although likely ineffective. The OL was awful. Worse than UNC.

Richt needed to adjust for Rosier’s off game, and failed.

Diaz came up with nothing to confuse a true freshman QB.

Dallas in the Wildcat doesn't send a statement.

That isn't a slap in the face benching. That's just the OC trying something different to get a spark.

As everyone has said, as an OC you can't adjust your play calling to a guy playing like Rosier today. He missed streaks, he missed screens, he missed outs.

Advertisement
Benching Rosier for one series was useless. Sheriffs has little-to-no skill and likely will not be on the roster next year. Burning Perry’s redshirt would have been even dumber. DJ Dallas in the wildcat would have been better, although likely ineffective. The OL was awful. Worse than UNC.

One of the dumbest coaching moves I've seen in over 35 years of watching football....and we've been privy to some doozies.

That was a Shannon/Coker/Golden move on steroids. Absolute incompetence in that spot.

We were going to lose regardless...but the message it sent was horrible especially given the fact you have nothing behind Rosier right now that's ready to play.

I said it in another thread but I'll say it here too. That decision showed us all why Mark Richt has never been, and likely will never be, a champion. I don't even think Al Golden would have done something that stupid.

It's hard to have a good offense with this kind a QB...
I will cheer Rosier on till the end but he limits our play calling

This has been the most satisfying, amazing season in a long long time.

Even the close games were insanely fun to watch. It was hard to imagine us making it the whole way playing like that.

All that being said the only moment of true disappointment I’ve had this year is when he pulled Malik. That definitely bothers me.

Advertisement
Evan is probably a great kid. He should also listen in class and take notes because this is as far as his QB career goes. The only reason he is #2 is because we don't want to burn the shirt on Perry this late.

I think Richt gets emotional during games (he's said so himself) and he made an emotional decision because Rosier was just killing us out there. He quickly realized, "oh yeah, Rosier you my guy" after that series with Evan.

Advertisement

One of the dumbest coaching moves I've seen in over 35 years of watching football....and we've been privy to some doozies.

That was a Shannon/Coker/Golden move on steroids. Absolute incompetence in that spot.

We were going to lose regardless...but the message it sent was horrible especially given the fact you have nothing behind Rosier right now that's ready to play.

I said it in another thread but I'll say it here too. That decision showed us all why Mark Richt has never been, and likely will never be, a champion. I don't even think Al Golden would have done something that stupid.

Give me a break. What a load of crap.

Rosier was ****ting the bed out there. Richt rolled the dice with the backup, and it didn't work. We weren't going to win the game anyway.

Spare me all the garbage about what "message it sends" or whatever. It sends the message that you're not entitled to ****, and if you play like crap you're gonna get benched. Exactly the right message.

I liked the benching.

Rosier was playing terrible up to that point. If nothing seems to be working, you have to do something.

Totally didn't see it coming. But he was dreadful and has been for two games, the OL was just as bad. They were absolutely physically dominated today, zero push, zero pass block, and free rushers in the backfield all day. It was pathetic.

You know who was worse than rosier today?!? Shireffs!!!! That kid has no business being on this team...Finish this season out with rosier and let him, Perry, and Williams battle it out in camp.

Dallas in the Wildcat doesn't send a statement.

That isn't a slap in the face benching. That's just the OC trying something different to get a spark.

As everyone has said, as an OC you can't adjust your play calling to a guy playing like Rosier today. He missed streaks, he missed screens, he missed outs.

Saying ‘Dallas in the wildcat would have been better’ was a bit of hyperbole. But I understand your point. The problem really is there was no backup to go to.

Advertisement
Can’t say I blame him for starting. Rosier was flat out awful the prior several drives. Richt was looking for a spark. Unfortunately, he thought a QB change would do it - I would think that different playxalls would have done it but I’m not a football nerd

Rosier looked flat from the start, no spark, no urgency, no leadership. He is exactly what we thought, a guy that has skills but has no touch and spotty decision making.

Dude deserves major props, led us to an unbelievable season, can't act like he didn't ball out. But lets not act like his play has been consistent all year. He played terrible in many games this year and it finally caught up with us.

Evan, thank you for your service, no way he is here next year. Dude had two chances and both times looked like a deer in headlights with no speed.

Advertisement
Rosier missed 3 passes this game that were almost sure TDs. He's also won a couple games we probably should have lost. While he ducked up there are others that screwed up as well.

Agree.

I think the idea was for Rosier to keep the job until Perry or Weldon advanced enough to take it.

But then a hurricane interrupted the season and Rosier kept winning.

CMR also valued the experience Rosier has as a RS-Jr. He made mention of the audible Rosier made in a previous game that wasn’t an audible they had prepared for the game he used it in. CMR noted only a veteran QB has the experience to do something like that, and I think he’s right.

And I’ve always been in the boat that felt it would be a really long season if we had to start #16 .

Evan is probably a great kid. He should also listen in class and take notes because this is as far as his QB career goes. The only reason he is #2 is because we don't want to burn the shirt on Perry this late.

I think Richt gets emotional during games (he's said so himself) and he made an emotional decision because Rosier was just killing us out there. He quickly realized, "oh yeah, Rosier you my guy" after that series with Evan.

I’ve been skeptical of Malik but the guy has won games for the Canes. Really ashocking decision by Richt. Job open
stop. malik played terrible. had he hit 2 of the wide open throws we would have won. we were up 7 to 3 and he missed a wide open berrios. hit that we prob go up 14 to 3. instead he threw it behind.

its maliks fault we lost. and he deserved to be benched.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Totally agree. The team was flat, but if Rosier hits a couple long throws we go up and roll. Plus, if he hit a couple throws, Pitt would no longer crowd the box. Then the run game would open up. I think the benching will be good for Rosier. He will come into Clemson with a chip on his shoulder knowing full well that he has to perform for 60 minutes.

Advertisement
Back