Would we be better if Jack Allison didn't transfer?

He beat urban and Florida. He took down a very good South Carolina team one year. I think they was top 5 @ the time..I think your overstating UGA as a program bruh. The state of Georgia has always been SEC picking grounds for what ever prominent SEC program was on top. Bama, Florida and other sec schools have always held strong if not stronger recruiting roots there. But again when u say always loss to teams he was better than, ill always say it was at UGA bruh. That program was sorry asf when he got there. As far as SEC programs it’s always gonna be Bama, Florida, LSU and Auburn..If kirby can keep what he took over and take it too another level that MR didn’t id eat **** and say u are right. But just like Kirby MR had UGA 13-1 in year 3 of his tenure there. I think your gonna see the similar thing with Kirby. You still have bama, LSU, Florida and Auburn who ALL have proven history of substained success. Then u throw in that cash cow and to me a program that has the potential to really take off in Texas A&M. It’s a fun debate but we’ll revisit this in 3 or 4 years if we still breathen lol

He had more talent on the roster and lost to those teams. That is what I am getting at. Lol we will see in 4 years.

Advertisement
He beat urban and Florida. He took down a very good South Carolina team one year. I think they was top 5 @ the time..I think your overstating UGA as a program bruh. The state of Georgia has always been SEC picking grounds for what ever prominent SEC program was on top. Bama, Florida and other sec schools have always held strong if not stronger recruiting roots there. But again when u say always loss to teams he was better than, ill always say it was at UGA bruh. That program was sorry asf when he got there. As far as SEC programs it’s always gonna be Bama, Florida, LSU and Auburn..If kirby can keep what he took over and take it too another level that MR didn’t id eat **** and say u are right. But just like Kirby MR had UGA 13-1 in year 3 of his tenure there. I think your gonna see the similar thing with Kirby. You still have bama, LSU, Florida and Auburn who ALL have proven history of substained success. Then u throw in that cash cow and to me a program that has the potential to really take off in Texas A&M. It’s a fun debate but we’ll revisit this in 3 or 4 years if we still breathen lol

He was 1-5 against Meyer and 5-10 against UF overall. There was a reason UGA got tired of him and we are starting to see it here. I wanted like **** for things to be different here but it's not looking good.

He was 1-5 against Meyer and 5-10 against UF overall. There was a reason UGA got tired of him and we are starting to see it here. I wanted like **** for things to be different here but it's not looking good.
I feel you..but my point is..WTF WAS UGA B4 he got there. UGA fans/boosters are like the rich families that don’t raise their kids with morals or values and just set them up financially and spoil them. Then wonder why their kids become spoiled brats. We’ll see what happens there under Kirby with all the money they a funneling. The true big dawgs in the SEC always rise to the top

Advertisement
He would've been another clipboard holder sitting behind Rosier.

He made the best decision for himself, he didn't fit with this Offense at all & woulda struggled just like every other QB we've had.

Even if he's a sh*tty QB, the type of Offense they play in the West Va can hide deficiencies & make QB's like him look halfway decent. Unless he's just god awful & sub 50% passer, with a quick passing bubble screen attack Offense it's not that difficult to do. I don't think if he stuck around he would've made one bit of difference.

The best this Offense will look even with a talented QB is a combination of 2016 Kaaya at his best + 2017 Rosier at his best. If you think all its going to take is Jarren to make this Offense look like a high octane machine, then you're simply setting yourself up for disappointment.

Always the next guy til he gets his shot. dammit mane

I feel you..but my point is..WTF WAS UGA B4 he got there. UGA fans/boosters are like the rich families that don’t raise their kids with morals or values and just set them up financially and spoil them. Then wonder why their kids become spoiled brats. We’ll see what happens there under Kirby with all the money they a funneling. The true big dawgs in the SEC always rise to the top

You are forgetting the most important part. Georgia was not a football power house state in the 80s. They started to get better in the 90s and turned into what they are today(4th highest NFL state) in the nation in the early 00s. Richt benefited greatly from that. He ran the only good P5 school in the state. Florida has to share our recruits 3 ways. Texas 7 ways. Cali 4 ways. UGA gets all the instate guys.

It's not a rumor. Richt has admitted that he saw Cam as a TE prospect. Here's the article where richt is quoted as saying he saw him as a TE: https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...on-tight-end-prospect/Fb0gvxjf7VrWd0KbxAsQ8K/
Alright I gotchu. But I’ll give him a slight break because he did bring up system fit and not say he couldn’t play the position at all. I think even Nick Saban pitched to Tebow as a pure athlete rather than QB too. Those too came and broke the mold of what a successful college O was at the time. With the true spread we see all over Cfb now u can say those two pioneered it along with TY..**** they even put vick in a pro style system . Ppl viewed Lamar as a WR too. Cam obviously proven to be a great leader at the position and his system works on Both levels...I think there’s no doubt if another cam came around MR is taking him as a QB tho lol

He would've been another clipboard holder sitting behind Rosier.

He made the best decision for himself, he didn't fit with this Offense at all & woulda struggled just like every other QB we've had.

Even if he's a sh*tty QB, the type of Offense they play in the West Va can hide deficiencies & make QB's like him look halfway decent. Unless he's just god awful & sub 50% passer, with a quick passing bubble screen attack Offense it's not that difficult to do. I don't think if he stuck around he would've made one bit of difference.

The best this Offense will look even with a talented QB is a combination of 2016 Kaaya at his best + 2017 Rosier at his best. If you think all its going to take is Jarren to make this Offense look like a high octane machine, then you're simply setting yourself up for disappointment.

coaching, system and play-calling matters...

Advertisement
You are forgetting the most important part. Georgia was not a football power house state in the 80s. They started to get better in the 90s and turned into what they are today(4th highest NFL state) in the nation in the early 00s. Richt benefited greatly from that. He ran the only good P5 school in the state. Florida has to share our recruits 3 ways. Texas 7 ways. Cali 4 ways. UGA gets all the instate guys.
Nah but you forgetting UGA was nothing. I get the growth of talent but you had bama, fla, Auburn, LSU and national programs who had holding grounds in that state for years that were just as strong as UGAs because UGA didn’t have a real winning tradition. Its not like a state like Alabama where the top guys are almost always staying in state. Georgia as far as can remember seemed to always be cherry picked

Even now bruh if you look at the Georgia top prospects them youngings going everywhere lol

Nah but you forgetting UGA was nothing. I get the growth of talent but you had bama, fla, Auburn, LSU and national programs who had holding grounds in that state for years that were just as strong as UGAs because UGA didn’t have a real winning tradition. Its not like a state like Alabama where the top guys are almost always staying in state. Georgia as far as can remember seemed to always be cherry picked

Even when UGA was down they still landed a lot of their in state talent. RIcht benefited greatly from the HS players getting more elite. Keep in Mind the furthest Richt reaches was with the prior coaches players. He wasn't left with an empty cupboard. He was left with a better team then he was ever able to recruit.

Advertisement
Alright I gotchu. But I’ll give him a slight break because he did bring up system fit and not say he couldn’t play the position at all.
tenor.gif

Even when UGA was down they still landed a lot of their in state talent. RIcht benefited greatly from the HS players getting more elite. Keep in Mind the furthest Richt reaches was with the prior coaches players. He wasn't left with an empty cupboard. He was left with a better team then he was ever able to recruit.
Nah he had a couple of 12-2 years at UGA dead smack in the middle of his tenure. That 13-1 year I’ll give u that but still gotta give him credit for that immediate turn around. But even then the big dawgs in the SEC were all kinda down I believe. Then u had LSU take back off, Auburn run, Florida’s run then of course bama..bruh we finna see what’s what with Kirby. I just think UGA program is gonna get overlapped by the perineal big dawgs in the sec. we gon revisit this lol

No, not so much. I didn't like his underperforming self out of high school. His numbers sucked and people said injuries and a poor supporting cast were the reason behind it. Good high school QB's make their team better and mask flaws in other positions on offense. His highlights were riddled with good catches by his receivers and dangerous throws that would be turnovers in college. His only positive was arm strength. Beyond that, nothing stood out.

Advertisement
Lmao! I’m just saying bruh. If he had said “we didn’t think highly of him” I’d be like the niga on crack. But for a pro style O drop back system I could see what he saying. **** I even think cam could’ve been a pro bowl TE too. That’s a matchup nightmare

Nah he had a couple of 12-2 years at UGA dead smack in the middle of his tenure. That 13-1 year I’ll give u that but still gotta give him credit for that immediate turn around. But even then the big dawgs in the SEC were all kinda down I believe. Then u had LSU take back off, Auburn run, Florida’s run then of course bama..bruh we finna see what’s what with Kirby. I just think UGA program is gonna get overlapped by the perineal big dawgs in the sec. we gon revisit this lol

Lol facts bro. In a couple years I hope you are right. I want to see UGA suck and Richt take us to an NC lol. So hopefully im going to be sitting here saying your right bruh.

Any coach that wins a natty instantly gets some sort of pass when they lose. And gets labeled as smarter and better than othe dudes. Alabam has 7 years straight with the top class. 3 deep in 4 and 5 stars in all positions.
That’s the genius of it nothing more nothing less. And even then they almost dropped 2 last year. But he gets a hall pass and has only gone undefeated once. Urban has never gone undefeated. And you know what happens to all these goats when they get lower ranked classes? They lose between 2-4 games. Urban lost 4 games after winning in 2006. Why? Cause he lost 9 starters on defense. It’s a valid excuse. But if he didn’t win that natty the year before he would’ve been in the hot seat cause it was his 3rd year and maybe not have gotten the number 1 class.

Advertisement
Back