Would we be better if Jack Allison didn't transfer?

Advertisement
I didn't know deshaun and Cam played for Urban Meyer. I figured you went to troll another board since i havent seen your homer posts for the past few days. Urban Meyer loses way less games to sub par opponents than Richt does.
JT Barrett wasn’t supposed to lose with urban. Neither was Braxton Miller. Neither was cardale Jones. Neither was the kid they have now..the point from the poster who you responded to point out that your original point was dumb lol. Urban even found ways to lose with football Jesus in Tebow and the closes simulation to a the hypethetical if vick/Bush/Hester/ginn has a baby in Mr. Percy Harvin

JT Barrett wasn’t supposed to lose with urban. Neither was Braxton Miller. Neither was cardale Jones. Neither was the kid they have now..the point from the poster who you responded to point out that your original point was dumb lol. Urban even found ways to lose with football Jesus in Tebow and the closes simulation to a the hypethetical if vick/Bush/Hester/ginn has a baby in Mr. Percy Harvin

The man won ships with all those guys lol What's your point? Until Richt wins a ship your argument is stupid.

Advertisement

None of those guys are on Deshaun or Cams level. I didn't say Richt would find a way to lose 1 game against less talented opponents per year. I said Multiple and it is not a dumb point it is a fact. Richt could have the 85 bears and coach them in 3A HS football and still find a way to lose 2 games a season.

I dont know if Miami would be better off, but I think Allison is with the way things turned out

If you can/want, what happened? Did he not grasp what he was supposed to or was it off the field or something else? I don't remember anything other than he left and I know Richt pushed to keep him the first year
No off field issues for jack, really solid guy. Did take awhile to get a grasp of the playbook and that held him back a bit. Also got concussed and I think separated his shoulder first week of springball when he was competing for the job, ended up balling out in the spring game but still was 3rd string. Also saw Richt was wanting to go in the dual threat direction.

Advertisement
The man won ships with all those guys lol What's your point? Until Richt wins a ship your argument is stupid.
My point is great coaches lose with great players from time to time all the time. So to say “well Richt would’ve found away to lose with a great player” is dumb. Ppl act like he is losing when he has the 2001 roster at his disposal.

It’ sucks that we loss to UVA but when your rebuilding a program in year 3 it happens & even happens to coaches who have championship level rosters. We are gonna see if MR can build a championship roster at a place we’re it is possible.

At UGA richt engineered the longest stretch of success ever at that program. They had no pedigree of substained success. At Miami there is a blue print. It’s been done b4 here. But year 3 after our 15 year stretch is too early for the expectation to be 14-0 and domination. This 2 years of MR has been the only two years since 2001-2002 were we had increased win total from year to year..let that sink in. That were we were as a program.

Our starting 22 is championship level in a few places (mainly the DE, safety, and interior D-Line) but there is too much drop off from the starting 22 and the next 22 guys RN.

He has proven to me that he can get the most out of lesser talented players in Rosier last season. RN the oline is where we need the most influx of talent and depth . And I like the guys we have brought in. Donaldson, scaife, reed, gaynor, Herbert( health is a ?) and hillery are guys who are young but the talent is certainly there...just too much overreaction after UVA

No off field issues for jack, really solid guy. Did take awhile to get a grasp of the playbook and that held him back a bit. Also got concussed and I think separated his shoulder first week of springball when he was competing for the job, ended up balling out in the spring game but still was 3rd string. Also saw Richt was wanting to go in the dual threat direction.
Thanks, didn't know a lot of that. Wish he would've stuck it out.

None of those guys are on Deshaun or Cams level. I didn't say Richt would find a way to lose 1 game against less talented opponents per year. I said Multiple and it is not a dumb point it is a fact. Richt could have the 85 bears and coach them in 3A HS football and still find a way to lose 2 games a season.
Bruh them guys I listed were as heralded out of HS as cam or Watson..right now is there a cam or Watson on this roster? No lol. So u can’t make that point in regards to what we have...do u think this is a championship level roster yet? We still tryna develop the oline. Still waiting on perry and Williams to reach the potential. Are depending on 2 true fresh TEs RN. We don’t have the depth yet. Now if MR is losing a game like this In year 4 or 5 you can make your argument legitimately. By that time I expect this roster to replicate what MR wants. RN the classes he brought in are still pups but we see from those 3 classes alone the talent evals are mostly right. Even the high 3stars have mostly look like they belong here..again your pretending like he’s coaching the 2001 squad and losing games

Bruh them guys I listed were as heralded out of HS as cam or Watson..right now is there a cam or Watson on this roster? No lol. So u can’t make that point in regards to what we have...do u think this is a championship level roster yet? We still tryna develop the oline. Still waiting on perry and Williams to reach the potential. Are depending on 2 true fresh TEs RN. We don’t have the depth yet. Now if MR is losing a game like this In year 4 or 5 you can make your argument legitimately. By that time I expect this roster to replicate what MR wants. RN the classes he brought in are still pups but we see from those 3 classes alone the talent evals are mostly right. Even the high 3stars have mostly look like they belong here..again your pretending like he’s coaching the 2001 squad and losing games

It doesn't matter if they are heralded out of HS. What matters is how well they actually end up. No we don't have a championship roster, but we have a good enough roster to beat Pitt, UVA, and Wisconsin. Did you follow Richt at UGA? He lost tons of games to less talented opponents.

Advertisement
It doesn't matter if they are heralded out of HS. What matters is how well they actually end up. No we don't have a championship roster, but we have a good enough roster to beat Pitt, UVA, and Wisconsin. Did you follow Richt at UGA? He lost tons of games to less talented opponents.

Right here, all this...

Most reasonable fans(yeah, they exist) understand Miami isn't ready for the Bama's and Clemson's of the world

Alison made the right decision, if any coach thinks that Rosier is better than you, its time to leave. Coach is delusional or you are not good, because Rosier sucks so bad.
Perry should bolt too

He would've been another clipboard holder sitting behind Rosier.

He made the best decision for himself, he didn't fit with this Offense at all & woulda struggled just like every other QB we've had.

Even if he's a sh*tty QB, the type of Offense they play in the West Va can hide deficiencies & make QB's like him look halfway decent. Unless he's just god awful & sub 50% passer, with a quick passing bubble screen attack Offense it's not that difficult to do. I don't think if he stuck around he would've made one bit of difference.

The best this Offense will look even with a talented QB is a combination of 2016 Kaaya at his best + 2017 Rosier at his best. If you think all its going to take is Jarren to make this Offense look like a high octane machine, then you're simply setting yourself up for disappointment.

Advertisement

Could you imagine if MR had signed a kid as heralded as Braxton out HS and he didn’t live up to the hype. Some of Y’all already claiming he can’t develop Perry lol. And yeah I remember UGA always being a more than solid program. Did he have some let down years, yes. Some due to injuries and some due to teams that might’ve been over hyped. We’ve seen plenty of coaches who are considered good to great college coaches lose games out of nowhere. Pete carrol. Urban. Saban and more. And they did it at places where their was a history of winning. When MR Went to UGA it was not close to being thought of a national power. So it’s not as if he “underachieved” he overachieved there. Only delusional uga fans and boosters thought they belonged with bama, Florida and LSUs of the world in the SEC. Did UGA lose some games while MR was there, yes. But he also won games against teams that program wouldn’t have dreamt of beating or being in before he got there. For some reason there’s this notion that UGA has great football history

Could you imagine if MR had signed a kid as heralded as Braxton out HS and he didn’t live up to the hype. Some of Y’all already claiming he can’t develop Perry lol. And yeah I remember UGA always being a more than solid program. Did he have some let down years, yes. Some due to injuries and some due to teams that might’ve been over hyped. We’ve seen plenty of coaches who are considered good to great college coaches lose games out of nowhere. Pete carrol. Urban. Saban and more. And they did it at places where their was a history of winning. When MR Went to UGA it was not close to being thought of a national power. So it’s not as if he “underachieved” he overachieved there. Only delusional uga fans and boosters thought they belonged with bama, Florida and LSUs of the world in the SEC. Did UGA lose some games while MR was there, yes. But he also won games against teams that program wouldn’t have dreamt of beating or being in before he got there. For some reason there’s this notion that UGA has great football history

HE under achieved. GA talent has vastly increased in the late 90s and that is the reason for their increase in success. Not Richt. You are downplaying it. They underachieved every single year. He never beat any opponents that outmatched him talent wise and always lost a game or 2 a season to people he had more talent then.

Allison is gonna put up big numbers at WVU and have a good shot at the NFL. Of course he made the right decision.

HE under achieved. GA talent has vastly increased in the late 90s and that is the reason for their increase in success. Not Richt. You are downplaying it. They underachieved every single year. He never beat any opponents that outmatched him talent wise and always lost a game or 2 a season to people he had more talent then.
He beat urban and Florida. He took down a very good South Carolina team one year. I think they was top 5 @ the time..I think your overstating UGA as a program bruh. The state of Georgia has always been SEC picking grounds for what ever prominent SEC program was on top. Bama, Florida and other sec schools have always held strong if not stronger recruiting roots there. But again when u say always loss to teams he was better than, ill always say it was at UGA bruh. That program was sorry asf when he got there. As far as SEC programs it’s always gonna be Bama, Florida, LSU and Auburn..If kirby can keep what he took over and take it too another level that MR didn’t id eat **** and say u are right. But just like Kirby MR had UGA 13-1 in year 3 of his tenure there. I think your gonna see the similar thing with Kirby. You still have bama, LSU, Florida and Auburn who ALL have proven history of substained success. Then u throw in that cash cow and to me a program that has the potential to really take off in Texas A&M. It’s a fun debate but we’ll revisit this in 3 or 4 years if we still breathen lol

Advertisement
Back