Would we be better if Jack Allison didn't transfer?

Advertisement
No way Neal Brown was going to start his tenure with Allison as his starter.

Neal Brown runs a different varaition of the Air Raid Offense than Hologorsen runs, it makes no sense if you're a new HC coming from a program like Troy to a P5 school to stick with an unproven kid that you didn't recruit.

Austin Kendall was a 4-star QB coming out of HS & was in that Oklahoma system, he's better suited to run that offense.

Also, Matt Moore is their new OC & Sean Reagan is the QB coach, Reagan coached & developed 2 QB's at Troy who both finished their careers as 10,000+'yard passers with Corey Robinson actually being top 15 all time & throwing for over 13,000+yds in his career.

Jack Allison is tall QB with an elongated release & subpar accuracy, those high caliber Big 12 Offenses require QB's that are accurate quick decision makers, quick release & have quick footwork/mobility.

No way Neal Brown was going to start his tenure with Allison as his starter.

Neal Brown runs a different varaition of the Air Raid Offense than Hologorsen runs, it makes no sense if you're a new HC coming from a program like Troy to a P5 school to stick with an unproven kid that you didn't recruit.

Austin Kendall was a 4-star QB coming out of HS & was in that Oklahoma system, he's better suited to run that offense.

Also, Matt Moore is their new OC & Sean Reagan is the QB coach, Reagan coached & developed 2 QB's at Troy who both finished their careers as 10,000+'yard passers with Corey Robinson actually being top 15 all time & throwing for over 13,000+yds in his career.

Jack Allison is tall QB with an elongated release & subpar accuracy, those high caliber Big 12 Offenses require QB's that are accurate quick decision makers, quick release & have quick footwork/mobility.
He might as well transfer to fiu or something

Advertisement
The thing that really helps 2016 is the early commitment of QB Jack Allison. QB's usually stick and with him in the bag, the skill guys are gonna wanna play with him. Now if we can get Gibson somehow this year then this class might get decent. Irvin and Johnson I think are coming but ya never know.

Scarlett is coming. If Walton stays in the '16 class then I think we can keep Williams, Cronkite, and Scarlett with Williams being an athlete playing reciever and running back. Cronkite only wants two running backs in this class so it's important that Walton maybe stays in his class. Williams seems to be on board with the athlete role.

Recruiting.. . trending up
Blast from the past

Those 4 rb commits at once was just ridiculous
We also had Amir Rasul decommit from the class

Advertisement
I know he's on the bench at WV behind Grier, but that's not taking anything away from him to be behind Grier. He seemed like he had the goods. I thought he was better than anybody we had, your thoughts?

Because the dumbass left - I guess we'll never know - will we?

OR Jack.

Dumbass.

He really wasn't, he was the number the 21 ranked QB according to 247 in a very weak QB class. This was the QB class where Jalon "can't throw" and Shea Patterson where the top QBs.
You're right. Normally the #21 overall QB would be a really solid pickup but that QB class was really weak. Unfortunately, they've got to give out x amount of 4 star ratings and Allison was one of them. At the time, people were really excited about him. I thought he had really good arm talent but was skeptical after seeing his high school numbers. If you're throwing 14 picks over 10 games in high school, that's a huge red flag.

Advertisement
This original post is old news ( Oct 25, 2018 ), we were dying with Rosier at quarterback and seemingly nobody to take us out of our misery. Perry hadn't stepped up and Williams wasn't given a chance. Big changes were made and Williams and our offense should be light years better.

Advertisement
Back