Would the Canes have had a better record this year if...

Our record would be better with?

• Best coaching staff

Votes: 70 42.2%
  • Best QB

Votes: 96 57.8%

• Total voters
Advertisement
Hypothetical....
With better coaching would Malik Rosier have been a "Great" QB?

Advertisement
Take any coaching staff you want. Any staff you think is the best in college football. Just for this team and this roster and this year.
OR
Any QB you think is the best in the country with this staff and roster.

Before the few who insist on using weird terms like "slurpers", I am not defending anybody. I am not trying to make a point that will get you all riled up. Just a question I thought of and curious what others thought...thats all.
You have to say coaching staff (& I’m known as Mario fan) bc most staffs would’ve been benched TYLER or at least had him on a short leash

It’s tough but what makes me choose Best QB is seeing the highlights of TVD’s missed reads and terrible INT’s. Like you see open guys and are like wtf??? why??

Nope i don’t think so
I agree... you can take that same question (With better coaching would Malik Rosier have been a "Great" QB?) and insert other names, and I would say that 90+% of the time you get the same result.
Excelling with tangible QB talent is a must if a coach is going to further hone that talent into elite-ness. That's why recruiting is so important.

20231120_120541.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hypothetical....
With better coaching would Malik Rosier have been a "Great" QB?
well with richt, he set school records which was beyond the expectations for him here (see his 2017 season). id say we got the most out of him. led us to a 10 win season and made big plays against GT, VT, ND, and FSU

lashlee turned TVD into an elite statistical product in his one season with him

QB by a mile. If you get half decent QB play, you don’t lose to NC State or GT. Thats at least 8-3 compared to our current 6-5. You also get a better shot against FSU, and aren’t down a ton late to UNC. The Louisville game goes either way, because TVD played as well as we could ask.
with TVD we only lost by 7 to Lousivulle (would have won with Emory, I thi
I'm not sure what coaching has to do with our QB missing wide open WR's and throwing the ball to the other team all year. 🤷🏻🤔

The game plan on Saturday was good enough for 500 yards and 31 points. Defense (and the coordinator we all love) didn't uphold their end of the bargain. One could argue that our offense actually played as well or better than theirs. TVD had a slightly better day than Plummer, Restrepo was the best WR on the whole field and Fletcher orally raped Louisville's defense.

Louisville and Texas A&M game showed me what our offense is capable of when TVD isn't in one of his funks. Are ALL the calls perfect? Of course not. No coordinator is perfect. But as a coordinator myself (be it on a lower level) I know how important it is to have YOUR GUYS at certain positions. (and for an OC it's Quarterback)

I know we all love Guidry on here...myself included... but he's been raped at least twice this year and nobody says ****. But when TVD...the most important player on the field... continues to handcuff us and throw the ball to the other team... we're calling for Dawson's resignation.

Be objective fellas.
Most of these down on Mario types, I feel WANT him to fail so that they can say, Look we should have hired (insert choice coach) all along. People just want to be right...must be miserable to be that kind of fan. Anyone who cant see the differences in the team from last year to this is willfully ignorant, stupid, or blind. Last year's team would not have beaten A&M this year or been close with FSU and Louisville. Fact.

Advertisement

Most of these down on Mario types, I feel WANT him to fail so that they can say, Look we should have hired (insert choice coach) all along. People just want to be right...must be miserable to be that kind of fan. Anyone who cant see the differences in the team from last year to this is willfully ignorant, stupid, or blind. Last year's team would not have beaten A&M this year or been close with FSU and Louisville. Fact.
emory was not good when he played either. he just wasn't as turnover prone which wasn't an issue on Saturday w tvd. he performed well

My theory on the mopes is that they need something they can point to in their lives that is more miserable than they are. It's a mix of wanting to be right but also being able to point to something and say "Hey, I may be a miserable ************, but at least I'm not as bad as UM football." TBD if Mario works out here, but there has been some pretty clear improvement. Unfortunately not enough in the W column though. Next year is make or break.

My theory on the mopes is that they need something they can point to in their lives that is more miserable than they are. It's a mix of wanting to be right but also being able to point to something and say "Hey, I may be a miserable ************, but at least I'm not as bad as UM football." TBD if Mario works out here, but there has been some pretty clear improvement. Unfortunately not enough in the W column though. Next year is make or break.
Last year's squad got blown out by Clemson, FSU and lost to A&M...this year's squad won 2 of those and lost close game with FSPoo

I think if TVD doesn't get his hand and leg hurt we have a much better record. That being said, a good-great dual threat QB can really carry a team in CFB. If we had a QB similar to Penix, Jordan Travis, or **** even D'eriq King we might be undefeated.
All solid QBs but I don't think Penix is dual threat. He's got -5 yards rushing this season.

Advertisement
Back