Would the Canes have had a better record this year if...

Our record would be better with?

• Best coaching staff

Votes: 70 42.2%
  • Best QB

Votes: 96 57.8%

• Total voters

B Run

Sophomore
Premium
Take any coaching staff you want. Any staff you think is the best in college football. Just for this team and this roster and this year.
OR
Any QB you think is the best in the country with this staff and roster.

Before the few who insist on using weird terms like "slurpers", I am not defending anybody. I am not trying to make a point that will get you all riled up. Just a question I thought of and curious what others thought...thats all.

Advertisement
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Take any coaching staff you want. Any staff you think is the best in college football. Just for this team and this roster and this year.
OR
Any QB you think is the best in the country with this staff and roster.

Before the few who insist on using weird terms like "slurpers", I am not defending anybody. I am not trying to make a point that will get you all riled up. Just a question I thought of and curious what others thought...thats all.
I think if TVD doesn't get his hand and leg hurt we have a much better record. That being said, a good-great dual threat QB can really carry a team in CFB. If we had a QB similar to Penix, Jordan Travis, or **** even D'eriq King we might be undefeated.

QB by a mile. If you get half decent QB play, you don’t lose to NC State or GT. Thats at least 8-3 compared to our current 6-5. You also get a better shot against FSU, and aren’t down a ton late to UNC. The Louisville game goes either way, because TVD played as well as we could ask.

I'll go with QB.

Although I look at the Louisville offense and see an okay QB (17 TD's/8 INT's) and some very good players.
Who beat us on Saturday?
A tight end and an O-lineman that you couldn't name today.

Advertisement
A better head coach is the only correct answer this is college football not the NFL. You can only blame the staff and not the players as we've seen with other less talented teams who always outperform us on the field. Staff needed to make the decision to bench TVD and failed not to mention you literally take a knee the GT game and you have a guarantee 1 game better record than what we have now.

Advertisement
Who’s fault is it that the QB room is a mess?

Better staff by a mile. Brohm wins 10 games with TVD. Lashlee probably wins 9+.

Saturday proved TVD, while still on one leg, is a good enough QB to win 9+ in the ACC.

Who’s fault is it that the QB room is a mess?

Better staff by a mile. Brohm wins 10 games with TVD. Lashlee probably wins 9+.

Saturday proved TVD, while still on one leg, is a good enough QB to win 9+ in the ACC.

I’m going staff as well. I don’t think this team is bad, in fact pretty good (aside from depth and a few playmakers on offense). A better staff would have this same team at 2 losses max. **** maybe undefeated. GT easy win, NC State easy win, UNC toss up, FSU win, UL toss up (due to depth and injuries, this was a difficult game regardless).

Advertisement
I'll go with QB.

Although I look at the Louisville offense and see an okay QB (17 TD's/8 INT's) and some very good players.
Who beat us on Saturday?
A tight end and an O-lineman that you couldn't name today.
So no credit to Brohn for scheming the game plan to make the QB look better than what he actually is?

Plummer has thrown for 300+ yards 2 other times this season besides our game.

So no credit to Brohn for scheming the game plan to make the QB look better than what he actually is?

Plummer has thrown for 300+ yards 2 other times this season besides our game.
I did give him credit...
That's why I wrote "although", like, "on second thought".
I even wrote how he beat us with players we never even heard of.

Tough to overcome -4 turnovers, regardless of coach.
That's why I'm 50/50.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Best coaching staff. This isn’t even close to being an interesting question.

The best coaching staff ensures we have better QBs on the roster in the first place, is more willing to change QBs when one is playing poorly, and will scheme to the strengths of said QB.

Oh and also the best coaching staff attracts good QBs. You’re on some drugs if you think Mario and company will attract a top QB in the off-season.

Best coaching staff. This isn’t even close to being an interesting question.

The best coaching staff ensures we have better QBs on the roster in the first place, is more willing to change QBs when one is playing poorly, and will scheme to the strengths of said QB.

Oh and also the best coaching staff attracts good QBs. You’re on some drugs if you think Mario and company will attract a top QB in the off-season.
USC has the best QB and went 7-5 bc their coach refuses to play defense. Players cannot overcome terrible coaching. Our GT game is the perfect example.

Going coaching staff because they could have gone in a different direction post-spring. Since we are talking UL, they took 3 portal kids over the summer for QB and signed a 4* QB in 2023.

Advertisement
Back