Would the Canes have had a better record this year if...

Our record would be better with?

• Best coaching staff

Votes: 70 42.2%
  • Best QB

Votes: 96 57.8%

• Total voters
What about his brain and eye injuries?
I believe those may have been caused by too much time spent enjoying his own "brand" as fat ******* so succinctly put it.

tonight amount GIF

Advertisement
Best coaching staff. This isn’t even close to being an interesting question.

The best coaching staff ensures we have better QBs on the roster in the first place, is more willing to change QBs when one is playing poorly, and will scheme to the strengths of said QB.

Oh and also the best coaching staff attracts good QBs. You’re on some drugs if you think Mario and company will attract a top QB in the off-season.
Darn...time to reevaluate life I guess....I thought I was so close.

Advertisement
Me? Do what?
It's very obvious that we can't change any of this that already happened. Are you just trying to assign blame? It's a very distinct possibility than neither Dawson nor TVD will be here next year, so what is the end goal of this?

I just don't see any purpose in dwelling on the past.

I did give him credit...
That's why I wrote "although", like, "on second thought".
I even wrote how he beat us with players we never even heard of.

Tough to overcome -4 turnovers, regardless of coach.
That's why I'm 50/50.
I'm not sure what coaching has to do with our QB missing wide open WR's and throwing the ball to the other team all year. 🤷🏻🤔

The game plan on Saturday was good enough for 500 yards and 31 points. Defense (and the coordinator we all love) didn't uphold their end of the bargain. One could argue that our offense actually played as well or better than theirs. TVD had a slightly better day than Plummer, Restrepo was the best WR on the whole field and Fletcher orally raped Louisville's defense.

Louisville and Texas A&M game showed me what our offense is capable of when TVD isn't in one of his funks. Are ALL the calls perfect? Of course not. No coordinator is perfect. But as a coordinator myself (be it on a lower level) I know how important it is to have YOUR GUYS at certain positions. (and for an OC it's Quarterback)

I know we all love Guidry on here...myself included... but he's been raped at least twice this year and nobody says ****. But when TVD...the most important player on the field... continues to handcuff us and throw the ball to the other team... we're calling for Dawson's resignation.

Be objective fellas.

It's very obvious that we can't change any of this that already happened. Are you just trying to assign blame? It's a very distinct possibility than neither Dawson nor TVD will be here next year, so what is the end goal of this?

I just don't see any purpose in dwelling on the past.
"Before the few who insist on using weird terms like "slurpers", I am not defending anybody. I am not trying to make a point that will get you all riled up. Just a question I thought of and curious what others thought...thats all".

The best news for you is you dont have to participate...move on if "you dont see any purpose"...its quite ok

Advertisement
"Before the few who insist on using weird terms like "slurpers", I am not defending anybody. I am not trying to make a point that will get you all riled up. Just a question I thought of and curious what others thought...thats all".

The best news for you is you dont have to participate...move on if "you dont see any purpose"...its quite ok
Oh, I have no problems with you torturing yourself over what might have been. I'll never be able to understand why anyone would want to.

Thank you, I was hoping to be able to move on but was waiting for your okay.

I'm not sure what coaching has to do with our QB missing wide open WR's and throwing the ball to the other team all year. 🤷🏻🤔

The game plan on Saturday was good enough for 500 yards and 31 points. Defense (and the coordinator we all love) didn't uphold their end of the bargain. One could argue that our offense actually played as well or better than theirs. TVD had a slightly better day than Plummer, Restrepo was the best WR on the whole field and Fletcher orally raped Louisville's defense.

Louisville and Texas A&M game showed me what our offense is capable of when TVD isn't in one of his funks. Are ALL the calls perfect? Of course not. No coordinator is perfect. But as a coordinator myself (be it on a lower level) I know how important it is to have YOUR GUYS at certain positions. (and for an OC it's Quarterback)

I know we all love Guidry on here...myself included... but he's been raped at least twice this year and nobody says ****. But when TVD...the most important player on the field... continues to handcuff us and throw the ball to the other team... we're calling for Dawson's resignation.

Be objective fellas.
Cityboycane/WildcatDefense err I mean Coach Macho has been defending coaches since Randy Shannon.

Although Cityboy/Macho is best known for his defense of Mark Dorito. Never forget you gushing over his defense because he came to your school, and you trying to convince everyone how his defense was actually good.

It’s too bad I can’t search that far back anymore.

Who cares. Miami is 6-5 with one to play.

Beat Boston College, go win the program's second bowl game since 2007, close on the recruiting trail, figure if Dawson is staying or going and rob the portal for some talent—most-notably a game-ready quarterback for 2024 so Williams can spend another year as backup and getting ready for 2025.

The last thing this rattled, irrational and overemotional fan base needs after 20 years of irrelevancy are hypotheticals about coaching staffs or different quarterbacks for 2023.

You really think a thread like this is going to be some logic-driven, think-tank experience where fans come together and work through what just unfolded this fall?

Who cares. Miami is 6-5 with one to play.

Beat Boston College, go win the program's second bowl game since 2007, close on the recruiting trail, figure if Dawson is staying or going and rob the portal for some talent—most-notably a game-ready quarterback for 2024 so Williams can spend another year as backup and getting ready for 2025.

The last thing this rattled, irrational and overemotional fan base needs after 20 years of irrelevancy are hypotheticals about coaching staffs or different quarterbacks for 2023.

You really think a thread like this is going to be some logic-driven, think-tank experience where fans come together and work through what just unfolded this fall?
We really can’t go into another off season, the most important in Mario’s tenure without an OC (we all know how long Mario takes) while also needing an impact transfer QB.

You have a better chance trying to get a solid portal QB with Dawson as OC vs not having an OC in place and still in the hunt for one. You can sell TAMU and Louisville as an OC and blame TVD for the rest (I know there is a lot that can be discussed regarding Dawson and TVD).

In simplest terms, that’s the play.

Advertisement
Oh, I have no problems with you torturing yourself over what might have been. I'll never be able to understand why anyone would want to.

Thank you, I was hoping to be able to move on but was waiting for your okay.
Nicole Kidman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

QB by a mile. If you get half decent QB play, you don’t lose to NC State or GT. Thats at least 8-3 compared to our current 6-5. You also get a better shot against FSU, and aren’t down a ton late to UNC. The Louisville game goes either way, because TVD played as well as we could ask.
We also beat GT with a coach who is familiar with victory formation, a football tactic that was invented in 1979.

Advertisement
All I'm gonna say is if i had my skin separated from the muscle in my plant leg and the coaches kept trotting me out there on it I'd be off my game too.
No doubt coaches and training staff deserve blame for trotting him out injured.

He should’ve sat vs UVA & NC State.

TVD has a say. It’s his body. Why go out there operating at 50% and hurting your team and yourself? He had no risk of loosing his starting job if he’s hurt with the backups in place here.

Was his skin separating from his muscle during the GT game? Was it separating vs Louisville where he had a decent game?

Also, his attitude, body language and film review/behind the scenes work has nothing to do with his skin separating from his muscles.

Be objective fellas.

Mario’s, not Dawson’s. We had the lead, went into a shell. Had the lead again. Went into a shell. Had 4 chances from the 3 for a tie. Failed. And called a valuable timeout.

We get conservative when we have the lead and get tight when we need to make decisions.

Advertisement
Back