Would defeating FSU be enough to calm the waters...

Advertisement
Whether we like it or not win or lose Manny isn't getting fired and probably no staff changes either.it's a big **** sandwich and we all are gonna have take a bite and suffer through another tough stretch for another couple seasons.

Here's the questions I have for the "supporters"...

If we finish this season 5-7/6-6 or 7-5, what would your expectations be for next year?

In 2020 we play Temple, UAB, @ Mich St, @GTech, @UVA, @Va Tech & @ Wake Forest, out of those games which ones do you expect us to win?

Certainly not UAB because unless you simply don't follow College Football & have never seen them play, they're a very good well coached team that plays sound discipline Football, Bill Clark is a good coach, not the typical OOC CUSA team that you schedule as an easy W.

Temple should be a W, but they have already beaten 2 P5 schools in GTech & Maryland in year 1 of Rod Carey's tenure, so that game will be no layup, especially considering this team struggled mightily against CMU who's far worse than Temple. Transitive property I know, my point is Temple is the exact kind of team that will give Diaz, Enos & Baker fits (which isn't saying much because literally every team we play does lol).

@ Mich St, I doubt we win that one, I would assume that game like every other game we play would be a total dogfight, although we don't fair too well against OOC P5 opponents so who knows if that's a close one or we get whooped B1G style.

On the road games vs GTech, Va Tech, UVA & Wake Forest is rough, especially @ Wake, smh I don't even wanna think about how Ruggiero will scheme up against Baker.

Then there's the in conference home games vs Duke, FSU, UNC & Pitt. We should beat Duke, but then again we should've in 2018 too. FSU is always a toss up game due to the intense rivalry, so no guarantees there. UNC, I mean year 2 for Mack Brown & Sam Howell will be a True Sophomore having already beat us as a TF & considering we don't really have a significant Home field advantage can't really pencil in anything for that game. Pitt seems to be the only high probability W we got for the home schedule vs ACC opponents.

I'm not making a premature W/L prediction for 2020, I'm simply asking based on how we've played thus far, how we finish this season, how we close out the recruiting class for year & the inevitable roster turnover for next year (which will include more transfers whether you realize it or not) what exactly gives you confidence that we're going to turn everything around for the 2020 season?

If you're willing to say that year 1 is a throw away year for Diaz & that you're okay with us finishing 5-7/6-6/7-5, then what does that mean for year 2 for Diaz as a HC? The schedule will be significantly harder & it's not like he's got a top 5-10 recruiting class coming in to save the day, so what would the expectations be for next year? Would you be okay with another 5-7/6-6/7-5 season again? Are will still going to be hearing the same excuses we always hear every season trying to explain away the mediocrity? (That last one was rhetorical because I already know the answer).

I would only add that UAB isn't quite as disciplined on the road for whatever reason, so I'd still lean UM then, and Dantonio might be retiring so that's a total wild card (maybe MSU will have an offense). I'd expect Temple to beat this staff.

Advertisement
The problem with HC *** eaters is that they set the first year bar of acceptability at 5 or 6 wins. They claim to be unhappy, but they understand.

Then if the garbage HC wins 8 in year 2 he’s a super hero in their **** encrusted eyes. He’s “trending up” and all the other stupid **** that HC *** eaters spout off.

8 or 9 wins becomes the stuff of legend to these mental cripples.

I wish that were true. I’ve seen losing seasons, season with blowout losses, embarrassments to rivals, I was in the Orange Bowl for Kirby Freeman’s one completion game, our coach being extended after a 6 win season. I wish this was the worst I’ve seen
I think being in the OB for that Kirby game fundamentally changed me

Terrible. I think 97 was better, at least we saw the talent Butch was bringing in.

Stop it...the 97' team was horrible and they had a worse coaching staff than Golden's teams. We didn't even look like we belonged on the field with FSU that year, looked like a f u ckin' middle school B team out there. Stop...it.

Advertisement
The problem with HC *** eaters is that they set the first year bar of acceptability at 5 or 6 wins. They claim to be unhappy, but they understand.

Then if the garbage HC wins 8 in year 2 he’s a super hero in their **** encrusted eyes. He’s “trending up” and all the other stupid **** that HC *** eaters spout off.

8 or 9 wins becomes the stuff of legend to these mental cripples.
He tried to re-set the bar. All of a sudden it’s a rebuild. That wasn’t what the story when he got hired.

Last edited:
Because we beat a really bad team? No.
I got news for you. FSU is not bad. They're starting to establish their offense. We haven't. We could be 8-0 and it wouldn't change a thing. This is Miami-FSU. Records don't matter. That's just for the national attention and hype. Doesn't change a **** thing for the game. Win is a win and a loss is a loss. So, lets win damnit!!!!

...on the repetitious talk of trash-canning Manny's HC gig? In theory, is there one thing he could do this season to win you back? (besides quitting, herr-derr smartasses)

I know one thing is true; no matter how up or down FSU is, leaving Trailerhassee with a win has healing powers. Question is would it work for you?

View attachment 100449
No but to be honest, Briles is going to manhandle NoD Jr.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back