Would defeating FSU be enough to calm the waters...

Everything is relative and has to be looked at at a macro and micro level.....

We are 4-4 with some bad losses
The whole team is wildly inconsistent
The offense is worse than 2018
There clearly is turmoil on the offense, evidenced by the transfers and suspensions
We are once again rotating QBs
Play calling makes the average fan want to kill himself

At a minimum the offensive staff needs to be overhauled, but depending on how the season plays out, firing Manny & Co. and finally doing a legit search would be something that gets considered as well

Advertisement
Would defeating FSU be enough to calm the waters?

Yes it would calm my waters. CFB is an all or nothing sport. If you have 2+ losses by the start of November its over for your team. No cfb playoff for you. I knew we were done early on. At this point its about beating the rivals ie FSU. Cant go 0-2 in-state.

Advertisement
Well I'm not judging Manny until the offseason and I'll judge him based on the changes he makes. There's very few coaches that don't have a bad first year but if it bleeds into year two theres an issue.
Indeed year two should show improvement and issues addressed.

No, because Miami has already blown a golden opportunity to meet what were rational expectations. This team, with a competent coach would be a 8-10 win team, most likely 10 when one looks at how utterly pathetic the schedule is and has proven to be. Beating FSU doesn't make up for the fact that Miami found a way to lose to Georgia Tech, and barely defeated CMU. At this point, Diaz and his inept staff are merely trying to avoid complete and utter collapse.

Advertisement
Advertisement
...on the repetitious talk of trash-canning Manny's HC gig? In theory, is there one thing he could do this season to win you back? (besides quitting, herr-derr smartasses)

I know one thing is true; no matter how up or down FSU is, leaving Trailerhassee with a win has healing powers. Question is would it work for you?

View attachment 100449
Absolutely not. Old School fans do not accept being mediocre.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back