Would defeating FSU be enough to calm the waters...

Advertisement
Is making staff changes warranted if we win out?

good question/point.

IMO, yes. But if we win out then you are probably on to something that nothing would change. Barry has to go, no ifs ands or buts about it IMO. We need to go out and spend the $$ necessary to get a PROVEN OL guru in here who is atleast an average recruiter. One can wish

A win is a win at this point. This season has been so crushing that beating FSU will make me a little happier. Enos still has to go!!!

no, waters will not be calm till we overhaul Athletic dept Blake and his team must go. MD has to make a lot of hard decisions on staff
in off season...... he makes those changes well see
FSU is hanging on with Willie till a new President is appointed, who hires a sharp AD
who hires a top notch coach........

Advertisement
Depends on how bad we look while beating them. Not how good we look. We know that's not happening. But if we look slightly less incompetent and win then, sure, hold off on firing him for a couple days. The most important thing Manure can do is hang on to this recruiting class. And winning our remaining games is probably the only way.

I always like beating FSU, but that sill doesn’t absolve this staff of their mediocrity. And at points this year, mediocrity is too nice a word.

Go Canes!

The question becomes how much of that is first year/young team struggles? The only good first year coach Miami has has was Coker. We only have one senior on offense and outside of LB’s defense is young.

Year 2 is judgement day for Manny

Advertisement
Nope. Manny is who he is. He's light years away from being successful here as the head coach. Dude looks and coaches like he's a deer in headlights and he never shuts his yapper.
I was hoping for the best when we hired him but we pretty much ended with a worst case scenario with the hire.

Go Canes!!!!!!

IF and HOW we win will help me answer this question. 100 yrds passing and 50 yards rushing with a missed FG to win isn’t going to cut it for me. If we show REAL signs of improvement we can talk. But if this team after 4 Losses 3 vs ACC coastal teams continues its path of squeaking past inferior competition, imma head out

Advertisement
...on the repetitious talk of trash-canning Manny's HC gig? In theory, is there one thing he could do this season to win you back? (besides quitting, herr-derr smartasses)

I know one thing is true; no matter how up or down FSU is, leaving Trailerhassee with a win has healing powers. Question is would it work for you?
No offense, but this is a silly question You pose. If you are someone who thinks there is a serious deficiency in manny’s coaching abilities, the idea that one win would change all that is not logical. If you conversely don’t think there is a serious deficiency in his coaching abilities and this is just about your emotions watching us play, I guess winning one game might make you think it’s all well and good.

In any case, this program doesn’t need ’healing powers.’ It needs leadership, execution, focus, effort and skill. Coaches and players.

Advertisement
Here's the questions I have for the "supporters"...

If we finish this season 5-7/6-6 or 7-5, what would your expectations be for next year?

In 2020 we play Temple, UAB, @ Mich St, @GTech, @UVA, @Va Tech & @ Wake Forest, out of those games which ones do you expect us to win?

Certainly not UAB because unless you simply don't follow College Football & have never seen them play, they're a very good well coached team that plays sound discipline Football, Bill Clark is a good coach, not the typical OOC CUSA team that you schedule as an easy W.

Temple should be a W, but they have already beaten 2 P5 schools in GTech & Maryland in year 1 of Rod Carey's tenure, so that game will be no layup, especially considering this team struggled mightily against CMU who's far worse than Temple. Transitive property I know, my point is Temple is the exact kind of team that will give Diaz, Enos & Baker fits (which isn't saying much because literally every team we play does lol).

@ Mich St, I doubt we win that one, I would assume that game like every other game we play would be a total dogfight, although we don't fair too well against OOC P5 opponents so who knows if that's a close one or we get whooped B1G style.

On the road games vs GTech, Va Tech, UVA & Wake Forest is rough, especially @ Wake, smh I don't even wanna think about how Ruggiero will scheme up against Baker.

Then there's the in conference home games vs Duke, FSU, UNC & Pitt. We should beat Duke, but then again we should've in 2018 too. FSU is always a toss up game due to the intense rivalry, so no guarantees there. UNC, I mean year 2 for Mack Brown & Sam Howell will be a True Sophomore having already beat us as a TF & considering we don't really have a significant Home field advantage can't really pencil in anything for that game. Pitt seems to be the only high probability W we got for the home schedule vs ACC opponents.

I'm not making a premature W/L prediction for 2020, I'm simply asking based on how we've played thus far, how we finish this season, how we close out the recruiting class for year & the inevitable roster turnover for next year (which will include more transfers whether you realize it or not) what exactly gives you confidence that we're going to turn everything around for the 2020 season?

If you're willing to say that year 1 is a throw away year for Diaz & that you're okay with us finishing 5-7/6-6/7-5, then what does that mean for year 2 for Diaz as a HC? The schedule will be significantly harder & it's not like he's got a top 5-10 recruiting class coming in to save the day, so what would the expectations be for next year? Would you be okay with another 5-7/6-6/7-5 season again? Are will still going to be hearing the same excuses we always hear every season trying to explain away the mediocrity? (That last one was rhetorical because I already know the answer).

Nope. I'll enjoy it if we beat the semenholes BUT I know they are a bad team. So I understand that it woukd be nothing but false hope to believe our problems are getikng better.

Advertisement
Back