Wong trying to pull up on Ruiz

10 in the history of our basketball program. You’ve changed my mind. He sucks.

So now you are going to pout and make everything an extreme statement ("he sucks").

I'm not trying to diminish Wong. I'm just pointing out that his 2-year performance is nowhere near as rare as you originally made it out to be.

Advertisement
Not your money ... not your decision. Wong and his agent made a very poor decision. Amateur hour at it's worst.

no ****. were on a message board. none of what we talk about is our decision. we just speculate and give an opinion but thanks.

Wong said the quiet part out loud though and now if Ruiz renegotiates it’ll be easy to prove that he is breaking the law and rule about NIL. Then an investigation begins into every other athlete.

And you don’t renegotiate with a player or you’ll have this same exact clusterfuq going on with every football player and athlete every year.

I didn't say Ruiz had to. again, I actually thought he was going at other businesses to come up with a deal. I think the LW Pack deal led to it but I don't think he directly took a shot only at LW.

This is even dumber than the dumb nole who said he’d transfer if he didn’t get an NIL deal. Wong just negotiated a 6 figure deal and is threatening to walk if he doesn’t get more.

I don’t blame Wong btw — I blame he’s stupid spineless agent. Even if it was Wong’s idea this guy should’ve said no and told him to find other representation. This is a HORRIBLE look for Miami and jeopardizes every one of Miami’s and LifeWallet’s athletes.

The agent is an absolute idiot who is biting the hand that feeds him. Wong is understandably frustrated by getting a lesser deal than the new guy, but his agent is a moron for handling it the way he did.

I didn't say Ruiz had to. again, I actually thought he was going at other businesses to come up with a deal. I think the LW Pack deal led to it but I don't think he directly took a shot only at LW.
His agent needs to make those moves behind the scenes though. By saying pay me more or I’m leaving publicly he is basically saying BREAK THE RULES. You’ve got to say those things to booster in private and maybe get offers from other schools for leverage quietly but you can’t blow the thing up because you didn’t get your way immediately or because your feelings are hurt and you feel under appreciated.

Advertisement
This is even dumber than the dumb nole who said he’d transfer if he didn’t get an NIL deal. Wong just negotiated a 6 figure deal and is threatening to walk if he doesn’t get more.

I don’t blame Wong btw — I blame he’s stupid spineless agent. Even if it was Wong’s idea this guy should’ve said no and told him to find other representation. This is a HORRIBLE look for Miami and jeopardizes every one of Miami’s and LifeWallet’s athletes.

The agent is an absolute idiot who is biting the hand that feeds him. Wong is understandably frustrated by getting a lesser deal than the new guy, but his agent is a moron for handling it the way he did.

A lesson for future recruits in terms of picking an experienced agent and not some street hustling hanger-ons.

A lesson for future recruits in terms of picking an experienced agent and not some street hustling hanger-ons.
Amen brotha............methinks all athletes are watching this and saying to their agents.. "don't srew me with a dumb *** stupid move"...

So per ATTY its currently N.I.L..legal for someone like Gatorz-$5M-group to tell an agent(or player) behind the scenes... yeah go to portal and commit here and we give you $***. I don't see much difference from bag$ if this happens.

We (MIAMI) sorta try to avoid the backroom stuff and be out in the open, and we get tainted for it. Even if Wong stays, I can see opposing fans at games shouting insults. Maybe to any NIL player whose $$$ have been tossed around in glee.

Sad to say the worst part of all of this is the overt Hate we gonna get. But I guess we should be used to that.

Advertisement

AND there is the FACT that Pack will be a legit point guard in the NBA and Wong might not even be drafted. Two different level players .... and it is accurately reflected in their NIL deals.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back