Wong trying to pull up on Ruiz

look, I actually didn't find the request to transfer a shot at life wallet solely. I think its more on the businesses around SFL to come up with money for Wong. im sure that life wallet deal with pack is what led him to here but I don't think Ruiz should solely pony up. I also don't blame Ruiz for not wanting to redo the deal with Wong. If it were me, id just pay up w.e. he wants in an NIL deal bc the whole point is to keep winning and keeping Wong helps that. it'll be hard to replace him this late in the cycle. either way, my only point is I wish it'd be done privately from all sides. I don't need a clown show on twitter advertising every deal and I don't need this clown show from the agent and Wong threatening to bounce
No ******* way. Ridiculous. just pay whatever he wants? Wtf. I want to win as much as anyone but ****. Are you an adult? I mean it’s a business. He signed a contract. He put his trust in idiots. But my god did you really think that thru before hitting post? Ruiz should not move an inch. His statement was classy hope Wong realizes he ****ed up. If not audios.

Advertisement
This is ugly...........now if Wong stays Coach L is caught in the middle.
Cane fans will be all over Wong. The team will wonder how intense Wong will be playing or everything he does will be critiqued and the pressure on him will be huge.
He needs to pack his sh** and go on down the road. The Miami adventure is ended and time for all to move on.
There is no going back in this sh** show....
Do not agree with one word of this stupidity

Wong should be welcomed back if he comes to his senses. I think we all agree he got bad advice so let’s not take it out on him if he wants back in. It’s best for him to stay it’s best for us if he stays. However it truly has to be behind him. You don’t kick a kid to the curb over a mistake like this. He has earned that chance to make things right.

big John isn't coaching the team nor is he a member of the team. L has to deal with this in the end. it hurts L and the program if we let Wong walk bc of some rich dude ran his mouth too much. just give John his box seats to all events and tell him to shut up and write checks. he can be pseudo celeb from within.
What happened? Big **** John said, "sorry son."

Advertisement
Wong should be welcomed back if he comes to his senses. I think we all agree he got bad advice so let’s not take it out on him if he wants back in. It’s best for him to stay it’s best for us if he stays. However it truly has to be behind him. You don’t kick a kid to the curb over a mistake like this. He has earned that chance to make things right.
He committed to us when we sucked, played for us when we sucked, and stuck around through it all. Unlike a bunch of other players. People shouldn't fault the kid for wanting some more money.

Fvck Long Duck Wong, let him walk. You don't bite the hand that feeds you. More me than team, don't need that. Big John says NO! End of that story.
Good luck to him.
Asking for more money is not biting the hand that feeds you. This also has nothing to do with being a team player. Some of the best "team players" would leave their team if they got paid more elsewhere.

So now you are going to pout and make everything an extreme statement ("he sucks").

I'm not trying to diminish Wong. I'm just pointing out that his 2-year performance is nowhere near as rare as you originally made it out to be.
Look. I’m not going to argue with you. I said in the ACC because that’s what I meant. I know now he’s not the only player to do that but you didn’t give 10 examples. You gave 3. McClinton, Kadji and Diaz. Shane didn’t do it. He was an incredible player one of the best we’ve ever had.

What Wong has done has been done 3 times before in 16 years. Feels pretty rare to me.

He’s not leaving but if he was it would be a huge blow in my opinion. Agree to disagree.

Sorry but keep telling me how Ruiz is bad for UM and I will show you a guy who just expertly handled the Wong situation,
He publicly didn’t re-negotiate a contract and set that standard. Then he stayed true and helped secure more NIL money from other sources for Wong (I am speculating but I’m very confident in this from Ruiz’s tweets).
Ruiz and UM won because Wong is coming back and he’s a very good player.
Wong won because he is a college player being paid good money to play basketball. Same sport that a few years ago James Wiseman was forced to miss an entire college seasons because his mom received moving money from his then AAU coach Penny Hardaway.
Wow the pendulum has swung!

Advertisement
Look. I’m not going to argue with you. I said in the ACC because that’s what I meant. I know now he’s not the only player to do that but you didn’t give 10 examples. You gave 3. McClinton, Kadji and Diaz. Shane didn’t do it. He was an incredible player one of the best we’ve ever had.

What Wong has done has been done 3 times before in 16 years. Feels pretty rare to me.

He’s not leaving but if he was it would be a huge blow in my opinion. Agree to disagree.
If he stays I think we can make another run for the NC next season.

You are both correct.
OCC isn’t arguing over whether Wong is good or important, merely that he doesn’t agree with you as to how good Wong is. Those are shades of gray positions the two of you are taking.

Sorry but keep telling me how Ruiz is bad for UM and I will show you a guy who just expertly handled the Wong situation,
He publicly didn’t re-negotiate a contract and set that standard. They he stayed true and helped secure more NIL money form other sources for Wong (I am speculating but I’m very confident in this from Ruiz’s tweets).
Ruiz and UM won because Wong is coming back and he’s a very good player.
Wong won because he is a college player being paid good money to play basketball. Same sport that a few years ago James Wiseman was forced to miss an entire college seasons because his mom received moving money from his then AAU coach Penny Hardaway.
Wow the pendulum has swung!
Wait is this confirmed? Wong is coming back? This is huge if that is the case. Like I said in another post I think we have as good a shot as any to win the NC this year if that is the case.

Advertisement
Wait is this confirmed? Wong is coming back? This is huge if that is the case. Like I said in another post I think we have as good a shot as any to win the NC this year if that is the case.
ESPN has an article that Wong is pulling his name out of the portal. And a tweet from Ruiz congratulating Wong for a good decision. Check it out.

Advertisement

Reverse Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Advertisement
Back