Wong trying to pull up on Ruiz

This is remarkably ****ed if true. I hope Wong learns from this, and it sounds like Ruiz and Co. will help make sure that he does. This agent sounds like an absolute POS (and **** at his job) if he did this rogue. Hope Wong distances himself.
I think this is false. I heard this from CIS's highest authority of porsters that he his a terrible team player and always puts himself above the team.

Advertisement
Wong should be welcomed back if he comes to his senses. I think we all agree he got bad advice so let’s not take it out on him if he wants back in. It’s best for him to stay it’s best for us if he stays. However it truly has to be behind him. You don’t kick a kid to the curb over a mistake like this. He has earned that chance to make things right.
This. We're not welcoming a kid back after beating a woman, we're welcoming back a kid who attempted an ill-advised business maneuver that ended biting him in the ***. It was tacky but not totally unexpected when he saw just how far the pay gap was between himself and some of the other athletes.

It was a very expensive teaching moment, that's all. He's a good kid and stays out of trouble. His basketball should still be welcome here.

Advertisement
Hate the porst, not the porster.
Animated GIF

Gotta be honest I didn’t realize how well liked and well regarded Wong was on a personal level (not talking basketball here) by coaches and teammates.

From what I have heard I actually believe there is the chance the agent went rogue and did this on his own… I’m sure Wong would have been happy to get more but I think there’s a real chance Wong wasn’t involved in the “how to get there” part of getting more.

Really outrageously bad on the agent’s part… but Wong handled the walk-back like a man and he should absolutely be welcomed back with open arms.

Pretty unbelievable how good this team has the potential to be next year… and if Walker makes a jump (which is absolutely possible) or 1-2 freshman really step up… watch out.

Pack/Joseph/Beverly - Wong/Poplar/Robinson - Miller/Watson/Jovanovich - Walker/Casey - Omier/Aire

That lineup is athletic as heck… with some good shooting, good shot creators, good rebounders, and good defenders.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Best player in the ACC this year.
Wong has been great thus far and along with UNC's Armando Bacot are probably the early season favorites for ACC PoY. I think if Jordan Miller can continue his play and the Canes keep winning, he's going to have a legitimate shot at making 1st or 2nd team All-ACC.

Advertisement
Wong has been great thus far and along with UNC's Armando Bacot are probably the early season favorites for ACC PoY. I think if Jordan Miller can continue his play and the Canes keep winning, he's going to have a legitimate shot at making 1st or 2nd team All-ACC.
Right now, we have 3 guys who look like all ACC players (1st or 2nd team) - Wong, miller, and Omier. And if Joseph keeps this up, he could be in contention for most improved player.

Advertisement
Back