Wong trying to pull up on Ruiz

Advertisement
Let him go!!!

He was 4th during the tourney run. **** 5th the games Sam gave us offense
Wong went for 20 twice in the tourney. I aint gonna pretend he isn't capable but simply put he signed a deal and as much as pro teams rip up deals, they don't do it two weeks after signing them. Xavien Howard wasn't thrilled Byron Jones had the newer bigger FA deal. But Howard actually did outperform Jones on the field while they were teammates. Eventually the Dolphins paid him for that. Zay and his agent got what they thought was fair value for his contributions to an elite 8 team. You can't be talking contracts and going to the press and base your argument for a bigger deal on sentiment and possibly underplaying your own value.

Advertisement
If Wong had played like McGusty in the tourney Miami would have a national title and Wong would have a million dollar NIL deal/nba rookie contract but he didn’t so he don’t.
Zay was great the first weekend not so much the second. He signed a deal that he and that agent thought was good value. The same agent got a better deal for Pack. Thats how the world works. Ruiz is gonna treat that NIL agent and his future players like the HEAT treat Klutch clients.

Advertisement
Zay was great the first weekend not so much the second. He signed a deal that he and that agent thought was good value. The same agent got a better deal for Pack. Thats how the world works. Ruiz is gonna treat that NIL agent and his future players like the HEAT treat Klutch clients.
And wasn’t Pack the one who wanted the numbers public vs Ruiz? 🤔

I like Wong. I like the new guys. I like even more new guys if they smell the NIL money and hit the portal in the next 2 days then come here. In the pro's with free agents (think baseball) and caps, this is real complex stuff...

...my concern tho' is let's say Wong & them smooth it out. And he plays (here) for less. How do you stop the natual resentment, jealousy, etc. IS Wong gonna wanna pass the ball to someone who makes twice as much as him, or take the shot himself? How do the pro's get this right?

There once was team spirit above and beyond everything in AMATEUR sprots... now maybe not so much? Its a new age.

Advertisement
And wasn’t Pack the one who wanted the numbers public vs Ruiz? 🤔
He's also the guy that represents Jordan Miller and that amount went public too. Whereas guys like Darrell Jackson and Omier kept their deals quiet. So yeah it seems like the agent wants those numbers out there. Just like a pro agent like Boras would.

Advertisement
I like Wong. I like the new guys. I like even more new guys if they smell the NIL money and hit the portal in the next 2 days then come here. In the pro's with free agents (think baseball) and caps, this is real complex stuff...

...my concern tho' is let's say Wong & them smooth it out. And he plays (here) for less. How do you stop the natual resentment, jealousy, etc. IS Wong gonna wanna pass the ball to someone who makes twice as much as him, or take the shot himself? How do the pro's get this right?

There once was team spirit above and beyond everything in AMATEUR sprots... now maybe not so much? Its a new age.
Then there is this angle...
1651202965345.png

It doesnt have to be RUIZ... another Miami marketing guy can offer Wong some cash to do a deal for HIS firm. Might be a way out.

Fwiw, Heitner just posted Florida NIL law, and what Wong's agent is creating can be argued as a violation of NIL law based on verbiage used by Wong's agent. See Fla Stat 1006.74(2)(a).
Wong and his agent are asking for money based on performance and making the pay for play stuff fairly obvious. If Ruiz did redo the deal explicitly to keep Wong at Miami that would be a violation. I think Wong is done at Miami either way now.

Wong and his agent are asking for money based on performance and making the pay for play stuff fairly obvious. If Ruiz did redo the deal explicitly to keep Wong at Miami that would be a violation. I think Wong is done at Miami either way now.
hes not done if a third party guy in South Florida finds a marketing or other role for Wong and offers him additional (seems RUIZ deal is not EXCLUSIVE) cash.... seems to be allowed and maybe what the agent was seeking all along...

Advertisement
Back