Wong trying to pull up on Ruiz

The guy who got Pack his deal represents Wong. Maybe he would've been obligated not to tell Wong what he got for his other client but I got a feeling this would've been an issue considering the connection no matter what.
Welcome to the dirty side of all of this. He drove up the price for one kid and is trying to use that as leverage for another. These agents will convince tons of kids to do this exact thing. All about money for most of them.

Advertisement
I mean, if I am Wong, aren't I ****ed at my NIL agent for getting me my original deal. Also, he couldn't get him any other NIL opportunities prior to this? Just another angle to analyze.

Advertisement
What Wong and his NIL agent will likely learn is that while we're getting to pro sports we're not quite there yet. Ruiz doesn't have a salary cap and no such thing as Bird Rights. Wong can certainly leave but there isn't anything stopping Ruiz from giving the bag to a better player. He played this all wrong. He already signed a deal and Ruiz isn't gonna let him play him. Aint like Ruiz won't just throw another 400,000 per deal at another player if it comes to it and maybe just to spite Wong and his NIL agent.

As far as moving in silence these type of negotiations are going on all the time. Even involving silent money guys. Players know how much teammates are getting. Open secret. Wong's guy is trying something new. Took it public I guess to make Ruiz bend or simply to let the world know that if Wong hits the portal and you want him you should start passing the collection plate around.

Advertisement
He absolutely does…but he’s not Pack. Pack has first round talent in a 5’11 body. He’s done a ton. Can’t thank him enough but I’m not getting into a bidding war when I got a better version of you and I could use more length.

He aint eight times better. Either way, I've been saying it for weeks, this whole no rhyme or reason NIL free for all isn't going to end well. The whole thing needs complete reboot.

Advertisement
But this now becomes more of a true pay for play. Yes, this is unregulated (NIL) and not in a clear and uniform way. However, Wong ALREADY HAS THE DEAL with LifeWallet and this isn't a Brownlee situation where there are no deals on the table. His rep negotiated this deal for him and he's furious. In the agency world of pro sports this gets agents relieved of their duties if they get their clients well under fair market value for their services. Just think if Ruiz were to renegotiate (and he shouldn't and won't), this crosses over to pay for play. Also, every single player will ask for more when already under contract, flood gates will open.

Hey Ruiz... Don't budge. Fvck em!
Let him go!!!
I was told I was wrong when I said there were $800,000 reasons why he declared when he did.

For those saying he has no leverage, you're dreaming. Wong is an experienced, proven, clutch player who can create his own shot and will only be better next year. He has value on the op
Let him go…. This kid legit acts like he’s something special. You weren’t no **** leader. You might’ve been the 3rd best player on the team if that
He was 4th during the tourney run. **** 5th the games Sam gave us offense

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back