Winning The Coastal In 2017

View as article

SmokeyRone

All-ACC
Purgatory
It's still the goal, and IMO always the minimum criteria for a successful season.

So, how will we do it? Can we?

VT and UNC will be better, I can't see Fuente regressing and he took over a program in decline and went to the ACC CG. Fedora is a clown, I stand by that, but they have to be as good or better, 2016 was a rebuilding year.

I assume we have to be much better offensively in 2017, have much better playcalling, even assuming rightly that our D is better,

We have Free Shoes, which arguably puts us one game in the hole. (Playing them in Tallahassee, with a freshman QB, and they will be better, and have an experienced QB albeit without Cook). Even if we win, we still have to beat VT and UNC, and not slip up against the other Coastal clowns.

VT at home, at UNC. Two game schedule for the Coastal. (If @Pitt is a question mark, we aren't Coastal Champ material).

How do we do it? Can we?

I'd say again our big "Next Year's Class" needs a Coastal Championship as a prerequisite.

Advertisement
We have the ability to win every game on our schedule. The question is will we?

Vatech and UNC lost a lot!!! We have a 1st year qb... Anything can happen..

Couldn't you have just recycled one of these threads from any of the last 10 years instead of starting yet another?

Advertisement
11 wins (including ACCCG/bowl game) is the minimum. No excuses for anything less unless we have catastrophic injuries.

How will unc be better after losing a few of their dbs, dl nazir jones , top 3 receivers in Mack Hollins, bug Howard and, Switzerland, top 2 backs in elijah hood and Tj logan and them most importantly their top qb trubisky who likely will be the first qb taken....

Va tech losing jerod evans who was really good at qb, Bucky hodges and Isaiah ford... they lost ALOT
matter of fact both teams lost a lot more than Miami did offensively especially considering what we have to replace our guys who left with

How will unc be better after losing a few of their dbs, dl nazir jones , top 3 receivers in Mack Hollins, bug Howard and, Switzerland, top 2 backs in elijah hood and Tj logan and them most importantly their top qb trubisky who likely will be the first qb taken....

Va tech losing jerod evans who was really good at qb, Bucky hodges and Isaiah ford... they lost ALOT
matter of fact both teams lost a lot more than Miami did offensively especially considering what we have to replace our guys who left with

This pretty much sums it up. VT will be good on defense... both Edmunds brothers are returning and will be even better. Offense is a big question mark. I believe they just got a transfer QB as well.

We are better than everyone we are playing against on paper besides FSU. Our defense is going to be nationally elite. If not now, when?

Advertisement
I saw the thread title and had deja vu from 2011 and then got depressed that it is 2017 and we are still talking about just reaching the championship game.

image.jpg

As long as we're healthy, I don't see how we don't win the Coastal.

Not saying we're going undefeated, but I definitely think this year we finally are the legit favorites to win this got **** division & make it to the ACCCG.

"The Powers that be" can't keep us out of it forever can they? Lol

How many posts do you have OP? UNC lost all their studs in QB, WR,, RB, DE, and CB. They aren't replacing those guys. Vtech loses less IMO. I would worry more about them kicking our butts last year with less talent. The goal is to win the ACC next year. Anything else with Clemson losing everyone is subpar.

Advertisement
Rebuilding year for UNC? They lost their entire offensive production. ****, VT pretty much did too, for that matter. Foster's defense will be tough as it usually is, but the coastal is there for the taking this year.

Advertisement
If kayaa stays were a national championship contender easy, with him not here we should stil be solid but **** one more year and we would of had a great chance

We will win games by default because of the defense need the running game to really step up

How many coastal titles do we already have? ... *crickets*
Show up or shut up! Miami wasn't build on almost titles.
By the way ... we LOST Coley, Ndjango, Elder, Jenkins, Carter, Colbatron, Dobard
If we ball we ball

Advertisement
Back