Winning The Coastal In 2017

Every coach deserves 3 years. If Richt cant win the ACC or contend for the playoffs (top 10 finish), he needs to go.

Advertisement
Richt himself said that after coaching in the Coastal this year, it should be a division we win every year. With that being said, he is not going to get fired if he does not win it, so arguing if he should or not is just semantics. This dude will be here for at least another three years regardless of our record.

Every coach deserves 3 years. If Richt cant win the ACC or contend for the playoffs (top 10 finish), he needs to go.

Thats a good blanket statement. What if these next 2 yrs, We win the Coastal and play Clemson in the ACC championship and lose, and they go on to win the National Championship, and because we lost in the 2nd to last game, our rankings falls outside the top 10.
We both know Richt will not be fired after 3 yrs.

I agree that he should win a ACC championship within 3-4 yrs, but I'm not going to call for him to be fired if that doesn't happen. Honestly the more important thing immediately is to beat FSU. That to me is the first step he needs to take, along with winning the Coastal.

How will unc be better after losing a few of their dbs, dl nazir jones , top 3 receivers in Mack Hollins, bug Howard and, Switzerland, top 2 backs in elijah hood and Tj logan and them most importantly their top qb trubisky who likely will be the first qb taken....

Va tech losing jerod evans who was really good at qb, Bucky hodges and Isaiah ford... they lost ALOT
matter of fact both teams lost a lot more than Miami did offensively especially considering what we have to replace our guys who left with

This. UNC and VT both lose more than half their starters from last year. Both lose starting QBs. UNC loses their top 3 WRs. Was Smokey high when he wrote this?

UNC's two biggest losses are Chizik and Trubisky. Their recruiting has taken a hit with that never-ending NCAA investigation too. If we can't hammer them this year, then we're garbage. We need to return the favor from a couple years ago.

Advertisement
UNC loses their QB, two top rushers, three top receivers, three starting OL, stud DT.

But 2016 was a rebuilding year.

Advertisement
If Richt doesn't win the Coastal this year he needs to get the pink slip. And unless you're a mindless coach slurper like Chris Bello(on itsauthing), Brock, or ThomasM , I'm not sure why you'd be in favor of Richt's retention.

Just fire the fūck out of him and start over again. Excellent strategy. Sound thinking.

You are one brilliant motherfūcker. So, genius, who would you recommend as our next coach?

If Richt doesn't win the Coastal this year that means that he'll have won 2 division titles in the last 12 years. While coaching in 2 unbelievably bad divisions. (The SEC East and ACC Coastal)

I don't know who I'd hire. But I'd search for a coach who can win divisions at a higher rate than that.

If the acc coastal is weak as you think it may be and richt can't win it then yea, you may have a point but I don't know if I'd go as far as firing him. A lot of it rides on how Miami's qb performs and if his play in hinder'd or enhanced by richt via play calling/ game planning/ scheme etc.

He clearly won't get fired, so it's stupid to even think about it or discuss it.

But I get the gist of what Cane707 is saying. He'll know Rick isn't a championship level HC if he can't win the Coastal this year, and we'll likely just be trudging along at 9 or 10 wins per season with the occasional Coastal title as long as he's HC. He's saying that's not good enough, and he'd just move on right away instead of trudging along.

Chise.

Butch was a championship level head coach.

Just saying . . .

If Richt doesn't win the Coastal this year he needs to get the pink slip. And unless you're a mindless coach slurper like Chris Bello(on itsauthing), Brock, or ThomasM , I'm not sure why you'd be in favor of Richt's retention.

Fire him... If he doesn't win coastal in his second year... unbelievable

Look at the coaching staff he's put together, look at the team and the attitude adjustment since 2015, look at what he's accomplished playing freshmen, look at the (Outstanding) improved defense in one year, look at 2018 and the #1 recruiting rating of kids wanting to come to the U and that's just in the beginning.

With comments like yours, it's better to say nothing.

This will be an awful year for the division. Even by ACC Coastal standards it'll be a down year.

If he can't win the division this year he needs to go. Who cares about his recruiting or his coaching staff if he can't win with it.

Troll alert.

Either that, or you're just dumb as fūck.

No sense in trying logic, intelligence or good common sense with you.

Either a troll or a big dumb fūcktard. Either way, stop posting.

Its not like you've had any intelligent responses just more corn ball internet mall cop BS. Just because he days something not popular doesn't mean troll.

The comment about rich being fired is silly to me at this point but why don't you try to talk football instead of crying all the got dam time. You're the biggest cry baby here.

Who dafuq asked you.

This dumbass said FIRE him after next year. That's pretty clear. And stupid as fūck.

For the record, Rick not winning the Coarstal this year would be a significant red flag as well as a huge disappointment. At the same time, only a ****** would say to fire him because of it.

Worst case scenario is his ceiling is a 9-10 win guy - in which case we'll be getting a new coach eventually. But not after two years.

Now go back to jacking off on track times, *******.

Look at the coaching staff he's put together, look at the team and the attitude adjustment since 2015, look at what he's accomplished playing freshmen, look at the (Outstanding) improved defense in one year, look at 2018 and the #1 recruiting rating of kids wanting to come to the U and that's just in the beginning.

This will be an awful year for the division. Even by ACC Coastal standards it'll be a down year.

If he can't win the division this year he needs to go. Who cares about his recruiting or his coaching staff if he can't win with it.

Troll alert.

Its not like you've had any intelligent responses just more corn ball internet mall cop BS. Just because he days something not popular doesn't mean troll.

The comment about rich being fired is silly to me at this point but why don't you try to talk football instead of crying all the got dam time. You're the biggest cry baby here.

Who dafuq asked you.

This dumbass said FIRE him after next year. That's pretty clear. And stupid as fūck.

For the record, Rick not winning the Coarstal this year would be a significant red flag as well as a huge disappointment. At the same time, only a ****** would say to fire him because of it.

Worst case scenario is his ceiling is a 9

I know what he said and I don't need you're permission for chit baby. Patrolling this board 24 hours a day waiting to call someone a troll must be big bizzness. cryin all the got dam time. bottle them tears and drink that BS dam some dudes do anything to make eye contact with another man.

Barring a giant rash of significant injuries that cripple our roster compared to our opponents' injury situations, if Rick doesn't win the Coastal this year, then all the fears about him as a guy who can't win significant games are justified. A decimation of the roster is the only viable excuse for not winning the Coastal this year.

I love everything Rick is doing managing and building the program, but at the end of the day, it doesn't mean much if you can't achieve what should be minimum expectations here--winning the Coastal.

Perfect post. If Richt can't do it this year, he isn't the guy.

Advertisement

Just fire the fūck out of him and start over again. Excellent strategy. Sound thinking.

You are one brilliant motherfūcker. So, genius, who would you recommend as our next coach?

If Richt doesn't win the Coastal this year that means that he'll have won 2 division titles in the last 12 years. While coaching in 2 unbelievably bad divisions. (The SEC East and ACC Coastal)

I don't know who I'd hire. But I'd search for a coach who can win divisions at a higher rate than that.

If the acc coastal is weak as you think it may be and richt can't win it then yea, you may have a point but I don't know if I'd go as far as firing him. A lot of it rides on how Miami's qb performs and if his play in hinder'd or enhanced by richt via play calling/ game planning/ scheme etc.

He clearly won't get fired, so it's stupid to even think about it or discuss it.

But I get the gist of what Cane707 is saying. He'll know Rick isn't a championship level HC if he can't win the Coastal this year, and we'll likely just be trudging along at 9 or 10 wins per season with the occasional Coastal title as long as he's HC. He's saying that's not good enough, and he'd just move on right away instead of trudging along.

Yes. Why is this so difficult for our fan base to understand?

You will see all you need to see from Richt this year.

He either can do it and get us closer to where we need to be as a program.

Or

He is the same guy as he was at UGA and not capable of getting us to where we need to be as a program.

Troll alert.

Who dafuq asked you.

Worst case scenario is his ceiling is a 9

I know what he said and I don't need you're permission for chit baby. Patrolling this board 24 hours a day waiting to call someone a troll must be big bizzness. cryin all the got dam time. bottle them tears and drink that BS dam some dudes do anything to make eye contact with another man.

Complains about poster patrolling board.

While patrolling each and every one of my posts.

I think the most important thing about special teams this year is getting all those starters off the kickoff/punt/return units. I've never seen so many starters playing ST before. The backups need to step the **** up and make **** happen on ST. The amount of starters playing ST definitely needs to decrease.

Advertisement
I think the most important thing about special teams this year is getting all those starters off the kickoff/punt/return units. I've never seen so many starters playing ST before. The backups need to step the **** up and make **** happen on ST. The amount of starters playing ST definitely needs to decrease.

ALOT of coaches like to have starters on special teams. Not a big deal.

Actually, if you look at our team's from the 80's, you'll see a lot of starters on ST. These cats used to love making their mark on them, especially on punt, and kickoff coverage. Light an opposing player up on a coverage team and feed off that energy.

Who are we gonna get better than Richt realistically? The University is cheap, he has until his contract is over, they are not buying him out. And I'm fine with that. More than fine with it. Want him here as long as he wants to be here.

He coached in the SEC and people love to bash it, but it's where the best football has been played over the last decade. With the way he's recruiting he'll win the **** Coastal, just give him time. I hope people aren't serious. He's breaking in a new QB, it's not this year or bust. He & The University are in it for the long haul.

Last edited:
[MENTION=7203]OriginalCanesCanesCanes[/MENTION] You do a great job patrolling the hallways here, dog. Keep up the good work...

Advertisement
Back