Winning The Coastal In 2017

Advertisement
Every team in the division except for Duke is breaking in a new QB. (OK and UVA but they don't count).

It's up for grabs again this year, like it is every year. I can't say UNC will be better after losing a QB who may go #2 in the draft. Can't say VT will be better after losing Evans.

Winning... Truth be told, many teams spit on our name and can't wait to play us. For years, teams in and out of the ACC have taken turns kicking our ***. If not one team, then another jumps up. All wanting to beat "THE GREAT MIAMI". Playing us is like playing your most hated rivalry and every one gets pumped up for the game. Teams like VT, NC, Va, GT, all have beaten us over the past 10 years since losing to VA in the OB.

Finally we have a great coaching staff that brings strength, knowledge, attitude and commitment to winning. Being in our second year, I see us like "1999"... We had a great team but played and lost to #1 , 2 and #3 that year ending with ( 9/4). In "2000" we went (11/1)...

Worst case 9/3 (6 and 2 ACC) but could easily be 10/2 (7 and 1) and we take COASTAL.

CANES...CANES...CANES!!!

I saw the thread title and had deja vu from 2011 and then got depressed that it is 2017 and we are still talking about just reaching the championship game.

We couldn't win the Coastal Division in 2011 because of our self imposed sanctions.

We were tri champions of the Coastal in 2012 and might have gone to the ACCG if it weren't for our self imposed sanctions. Not sure how the tiebreakers would have worked since all 3 of the teams in first went 1-1 vs each other.

If Richt doesn't win the Coastal this year he needs to get the pink slip. And unless you're a mindless coach slurper like Chris Bello(on itsauthing), Brock, or ThomasM , I'm not sure why you'd be in favor of Richt's retention.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Richt doesn't win the Coastal this year he needs to get the pink slip. And unless you're a mindless coach slurper like Chris Bello(on itsauthing), Brock, or ThomasM , I'm not sure why you'd be in favor of Richt's retention.

Just fire the fūck out of him and start over again. Excellent strategy. Sound thinking.

You are one brilliant motherfūcker. So, genius, who would you recommend as our next coach?

Just fire the fūck out of him and start over again. Excellent strategy. Sound thinking.

You are one brilliant motherfūcker. So, genius, who would you recommend as our next coach?

If Richt doesn't win the Coastal this year that means that he'll have won 2 division titles in the last 12 years. While coaching in 2 unbelievably bad divisions. (The SEC East and ACC Coastal)

I don't know who I'd hire. But I'd search for a coach who can win divisions at a higher rate than that.

Is it possible that Syracuse could be the second toughest game on the schedule? Their offense ran at a fairly high clip last year.

Advertisement

If Richt doesn't win the Coastal this year that means that he'll have won 2 division titles in the last 12 years. While coaching in 2 unbelievably bad divisions. (The SEC East and ACC Coastal)

I don't know who I'd hire. But I'd search for a coach who can win divisions at a higher rate than that.

Like who would be available, do you think? Just curious as to who's available with a better track record.

You must have an occupation where your talents as a master tactician and deep thinker are used to their fullest extent. Am I right?

Is it possible that Syracuse could be the second toughest game on the schedule? Their offense ran at a fairly high clip last year.

Perhaps. This is the most awful schedule I've ever seen. Out of 130 FBS coaches about 100 of them would be able to go 10-2 or better at Miami this year.

Take your troll self back to trailerville

I actually have them as my trap game for this year, sandwiched between the GT Dive At Your Knees Bowl and the 2nd most important away game of the year at UNC.

Advertisement
We should be the favorites this year but I'm not going to downplay what we lost to the NFL. Losing Kaaya despite what some of you think will hurt. Finding a solid QB isn't easy. It would be a different story if we had a dominant running game to lean on but we don't. The OL is a weakness until proven otherwise. Njoku is a huge loss and no Herndon isn't the same player. Herndon is a solid player and the better blocker though. Losing Coley isn't a huge loss but I did like his leadership. I think we'll be just fine at WR but Richards will now be prime target for defenses. This is where the other receivers(Thomas, Harley, Cager, Berrios, etc.) and whoever the QB is will have to step up. Our secondary will be inexperienced losing 4 seniors isn't easy. However adding two players that have at least played some form of college football(Delaney, Dean) will lessen that to an extent. I do think it'll take some time for the secondary to adjust to each other though. However, I think they have the ability to be even better. I think the depth will be much better specifically at CB. I'm a huge fan of Delaney and think he locks down the #1 CB spot. It'll be a battle for the #2 job with Dean and Young. Bandy and Jackson will be right there as well. I think Young and Bandy could compete for big minutes at nickel. As for safety, Carter was a man child but he was also a huge liability in coverage. Johnson is probably an upgrade in coverage and I think he can still play in the box. The other spot will be a battle between Amari Carter and Redwine. I think Redwine ends up winning out but Carter will still play a lot. I think the depth there is slightly better but losing Jenkins and Carter won't be easy. As for LB, we have three studs. They have experience now so the freshman excuse is gone. Sure they can improve and they should but what I like more is that the depth behind them has improved a great deal. Bringing in 3 freshman was huge although I think Steed is a prime candidate to redshirt. Getting back Gordy and Owens getting completely healthy and in shape should help a great deal. Wilder should play a good amount on SPT. DL doesn't even have to be mentioned as it will be amazing. The defense is the least of the worries. It should be one of the best in the country. The offense is what needs to improve greatly. I'm hoping the OL improves tremendously so we can rely on a heavy running game so all the new QB has to do is be a game manger. Don't turn the ball over and get the ball into the hands of your athletes and let them work. I think the OL improving is just as important as finding the QB because if it sucks again, the offense will stall out a lot again.

UNC lost A LOT. If we don't beat them by 2 scores, something's wrong. Plus didn't they lose their DC? They have a very good coach so they'll be competitive but our talent specifically on defense should prevail.

VT will be tough with their defense and have a good coach to make the offense somewhat decent. They have to find a QB as well. The positive is, it's a home game and we don't have to play on short rest on a dumb Thursday game.

I think it's Coastal or bust. If we can't win the coastal this year, it means the defense didn't step forward and the OL didn't improve. That would be very concerning.

Fire him... If he doesn't win coastal in his second year... unbelievable

Look at the coaching staff he's put together, look at the team and the attitude adjustment since 2015, look at what he's accomplished playing freshmen, look at the (Outstanding) improved defense in one year, look at 2018 and the #1 recruiting rating of kids wanting to come to the U and that's just in the beginning.

With comments like yours, it's better to say nothing.

How many posts do you have OP? UNC lost all their studs in QB, WR,, RB, DE, and CB. They aren't replacing those guys. Vtech loses less IMO. I would worry more about them kicking our butts last year with less talent. The goal is to win the ACC next year. Anything else with Clemson losing everyone is subpar.

Smokey Bone is a fake news guy.

Advertisement

Look at the coaching staff he's put together, look at the team and the attitude adjustment since 2015, look at what he's accomplished playing freshmen, look at the (Outstanding) improved defense in one year, look at 2018 and the #1 recruiting rating of kids wanting to come to the U and that's just in the beginning.

This will be an awful year for the division. Even by ACC Coastal standards it'll be a down year.

If he can't win the division this year he needs to go. Who cares about his recruiting or his coaching staff if he can't win with it.

This will be an awful year for the division. Even by ACC Coastal standards it'll be a down year.

If he can't win the division this year he needs to go. Who cares about his recruiting or his coaching staff if he can't win with it.

Troll alert.

Either that, or you're just dumb as fūck.

No sense in trying logic, intelligence or good common sense with you.

Either a troll or a big dumb fūcktard. Either way, stop posting.

Unless quarterback play totally hits the toilet (a possibility) I'd say it would be a shock to not win the Coastal this year.

BTW, congrats to OP for not waiting for a loss to post on CIS. These guys usually don't come out of the woodwork until the team loses a game and they're all chomping at the bits to slit their wrists.

Having to play FSU every year makes winning the Coastal harder for us. It's a big reason why we've yet to win, and will continue to be.

/WTACCOGTFO

Advertisement
Back