Wiltfong

Advertisement
Man that's outstanding but I still have an awful hard time believing a coach's kid is gonna spurn his father (unless it's Mike Rumph's kid, in which case I'm sure we won't make his top 20). The Ice Harris thing was odd because of timing and position concerns, this is something different.

Advertisement
This would be a tremendous pull out from under Oregon
Absolutely.

Also, if he were to pull this off, you could question Jon Richt's evaluations, but definitely not his recruiting chops. He targets a QB and he gets him.

Year 0-reeled Perry back in right away
Year 1-Targeted ***** and got him. Decided he ****ed up, targeted Williams and got him.
Year 2-If he were to pull Johnson Jr. from Oregon-crown him?

Man that's outstanding but I still have an awful hard time believing a coach's kid is gonna spurn his father (unless it's Mike Rumph's kid, in which case I'm sure we won't make his top 20). The Ice Harris thing was odd because of timing and position concerns, this is something different.

I agree but maybe this time it actually works in our favor. Maybe the kid wants to carve his own path and get out of oregon

Advertisement
Kai locksley did it

made me laugh out loud

Absolutely.

Also, if he were to pull this off, you could question Jon Richt's evaluations, but definitely not his recruiting chops. He targets a QB and he gets him.

Year 0-reeled Perry back in right away
Year 1-Targeted ***** and got him. Decided he ****ed up, targeted Williams and got him.
Year 2-If he were to pull Johnson Jr. from Oregon-crown him?

You aren't wrong, but FFS can we please land one that can steal the job from Malik Effing Rosier?

Advertisement
I hope we get the best QB obviously. 247 now has Taisun ranked as the #6 overall Qb and MJJ as the #10. I REALLY hope Tai doesn't end up being better AND at fsu.

maybe they want to avoid the whole "playing for your father" dynamic and what comes with that...

- Richt JR came out to Oregon 5 Mondays in a row from Miami and that meant a lot to him
- Miami recruiting him the hardest out of everyone
-Gonna come here sometime late March early April
_Wiltfong confident Miami leads although things could always change but Miami pushing all the right buttons

**** 5 Monday’s in a row, talk about showing a kid some love especially on the other side of the US.

Advertisement

I mentioned this on the podcast, but sometimes coaches' sons understand better than anybody that coaches move around. The smartest thing is to commit to a school, or a coach with unusual job security (Richt would fit that bill at this stage).

As an aside, Jon Richt might be the most underrated recruiter on staff. Jon flipped back N'Kosi Perry after he decommitted and declared his wish to play for a spread in the SEC. He locked down two highly recruited QBs last year (Sit and JW) and is leading the charge on Johnson, Jr.

The most telling quote from that interview is that Jon flew to Oregon every week of the past month. I remember him living in Ocala until Perry recommitted. These QBs love knowing they are the guy, and Jon plays that card.

**** 5 Monday’s in a row, talk about showing a kid some love especially on the other side of the US.

Yeah that isn't a short flight either. I fly out to Seattle couple times a year and I know for a fact there is no direct flights from Miami to Portland or even Eugene.

1519662794578.png

for those of you speaking about Johnson's father, his family member that posts on here said his dad wouldn't be there much longer or after this year I think. so...take that for what it's worth.

@DMoney who is the better prospect at QB? Johnson or Pho?

Advertisement
Back