Wiltfong

Advertisement
I tried to tell y’all boys. Brooklyn Dee included; that the interest was legit from my man. Us #1 and UFag #2 since about a month ago. Anybody saying that he wanna play for his pops is misinformed..

What’s the allure of UF in his mind? Mullen’s track record with QBs? Not being facetious or sarcastic just genuinely curious.

Advertisement
Man that's outstanding but I still have an awful hard time believing a coach's kid is gonna spurn his father (unless it's Mike Rumph's kid, in which case I'm sure we won't make his top 20). The Ice Harris thing was odd because of timing and position concerns, this is something different.
Dude

Man that's outstanding but I still have an awful hard time believing a coach's kid is gonna spurn his father (unless it's Mike Rumph's kid, in which case I'm sure we won't make his top 20). The Ice Harris thing was odd because of timing and position concerns, this is something different.
I'm not a fan of the rumph stuff but this is well done......lol.

Advertisement
I mentioned this on the podcast, but sometimes coaches' sons understand better than anybody that coaches move around. The smartest thing is to commit to a school, or a coach with unusual job security (Richt would fit that bill at this stage).

As an aside, Jon Richt might be the most underrated recruiter on staff. Jon flipped back N'Kosi Perry after he decommitted and declared his wish to play for a spread in the SEC. He locked down two highly recruited QBs last year (Sit and JW) and is leading the charge on Johnson, Jr.

The most telling quote from that interview is that Jon flew to Oregon every week of the past month. I remember him living in Ocala until Perry recommitted. These QBs love knowing they are the guy, and Jon plays that card.

D, you can just as easily turn that around and say that qb recruiting was almost an abject failure considering how long Sits was our guy. And let’s be real, we lucked into Williams - he fell in our laps. Yeah, I know, that’s recruiting sometimes, but let’s not quite anoint the kid just yet.

This would be a major pull by the staff. If I’m not mistaken, lil Richt hasn’t missed yet on guys he targeted. ****kowski was an evaluation miss but this guy can clearly recruit.
Yea but the awesome thing is they adapted and overcame.. They didn't have to be locked into sitkowski which was awesome lil richt pulled a rabbit out of his brown starfish with jarren Williams

Advertisement
D, you can just as easily turn that around and say that qb recruiting was almost an abject failure considering how long Sits was our guy. And let’s be real, we lucked into Williams - he fell in our laps. Yeah, I know, that’s recruiting sometimes, but let’s not quite anoint the kid just yet.

Sits was the guy his dad targeted, and they got him. He was a highly recruited guy. When that didn't work out, they quickly moved on Williams.

I would not say we lucked into Williams. Ohio State and Auburn wanted him bad. He's in a hotly contested recruiting area. They did a great job recruiting him in a short period. We were lucky that he came during ND week, though.

Lmao

Agree that Holding onto Sits for as long as we did is not a good luck, but it also shows the staff recognized a poor evaluation and quickly remedied the situation as quickly as possible. We may have lucked into Williams but we also put a lot of work into the kid to get him to flip from Kentucky.

Advertisement
Anyone know a thing or two about qbs and has watched his film? He seems to have big time offers, but 247 is really low on him.

Dam u bro. I just spit my sammich out on the keyboard.

Lucked into Williams? What?

Auburn, Ohio St, and Alabama all were not just recruiting him hard, but were on him before us. And nobody is annointing him, but it appears you've really missed the point here

Advertisement
Back