Wiltfong

Advertisement
First time i have seen his tape. Funky throwing motion, but good gosh can that kid RIDE!

I hated the name i'm going to throw out there, but with his motion he reminds me of Vince Young

Man that's outstanding but I still have an awful hard time believing a coach's kid is gonna spurn his father (unless it's Mike Rumph's kid, in which case I'm sure we won't make his top 20). The Ice Harris thing was odd because of timing and position concerns, this is something different.

Michael-Scott-Failing-to-Hold-In-Laughter.gif

Snap of the wrist quick delivery. Canon arm. DYNAMIC athlete. Sign me up. I like Taisun a lot but he's more similar to what we already have (Perry, JW) and will most likely be getting (Max Johnson, Lingle). MJ Jr. is different and he can be an absolute game breaker / lamar jackson type of QB

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like him being CB'ed to us, but until he visits and/or commits I'll remain pessimistic re a top kid from the Pacific coast.

That taisun thread is going to be gold.
How?
No matter how you look at it we should have offered Taisun by now.
Nobody on that thread was saying we shouldn't have been recruiting Johnson jr, or even having him #1 on our board.
The problem is when you only target one person and basically completely ignore everyone else.

So JR flew to Oregon every Monday for over a month....kids still not committed. Hes going to try to visit in April. We are investing a **** of a lot in this kid and at the same time ignoring everyone else. If he commits, obviously the risk was worth it, but if he doesn't - where does that leave us? We literally just went through this with Asante Samuel at CB, and EVERYONE was ****ting on Rumph for it.

Advertisement
I'm posting his sophomore clips from California, because the Oregon competition is suspect. His style reminds me of Randall Cunningham.

Don't do that to me D$ Randall is one of my alltime favorites

D, you can just as easily turn that around and say that qb recruiting was almost an abject failure considering how long Sits was our guy. And let’s be real, we lucked into Williams - he fell in our laps. Yeah, I know, that’s recruiting sometimes, but let’s not quite anoint the kid just yet.

If we lucked into Williams then what the **** do you call Emory Jones "landing" in UFs lap lol

How?
Nobody on that thread was saying we shouldn't have been recruiting Johnson jr, or even having him #1 on our board.
The problem is when you only target one person and basically completely ignore everyone else.

So JR flew to Oregon every Monday for over a month....kids still not committed. Hes going to try to visit in April. We are investing a **** of a lot in this kid and at the same time ignoring everyone else. If he commits, obviously the risk was worth it, but if he doesn't - where does that leave us? We literally just went through this with Asante Samuel at CB, and EVERYONE was ****ting on Rumph for it.

The QB depth and CB are not even close to compareable. Taisun is physically talented but his competition is awful. If what brooklyn said 6 months ago was true and taisun would commited the spot we'd be committing the exact same error we did last year when we took a qb from a wishbone offense in the northeast who "looked" the part. Im not a qb guru....i think Taisun obviosly looks better than sits ever did....and im also not going to pretend his conneticut stats matter. Is Taisun camping this summer anywhere?

The QB depth and CB are not even close to compareable. Taisun is physically talented but his competition is awful. If what brooklyn said 6 months ago was true and taisun would commited the spot we'd be committing the exact same error we did last year when we took a qb from a wishbone offense in the northeast who "looked" the part. Im not a qb guru....i think Taisun obviosly looks better than sits ever did....im not a qb guru and im also not going to pretend his conneticut stats matter. Is Taisun camping this summer anywhere?
Lol the exact same error? You are so full of ****.
When ****kowski committed to us there were people here saying we were making a mistake because he played like **** and his stats we're ***.
You comparing him to ****kowski proves you have no idea wtf you're talking about. ***** played terribly with poor competition in jersey, and even worse with good competition at img. Taisun played at an elite level against this "poor competition". ( I don't know anything about the quality of his competition)

Someone killing poor competition is not the same as playing like *** against poor competition then playing like a steaming pile of dog **** against good comp

And I have no idea where he will camp though I will assume Paradise camp won't happen since he's not going to get an offer

Advertisement
How?

Its not the same. Qb is a position that you can only really take one guy in. Making this guy feel like hes the only one for our eyes is the best tactic we could use.

Its not the same. Qb is a position that you can only really take one guy in. Making this guy feel like hes the only one for our eyes is the best tactic we could use.
Dude you don't literally need to only be recruiting one person to make him FEEL like he's the only one. That's called recruiting.

And you're right QB is different because you only get 1. However it's also much more important to get it right meaning it's much more important you recruit and offer backup options.

Advertisement
Crown Jon Rick if he gets a kid to come all the way across the country instead of down the street to play for his dad. Time for him and Boss Hartley to contact 23 And Me.

Gotta think dad will be employed elsewhere shortly after signing day if he doesn’t land his own **** son. That’s Rumph level atrocity.

Advertisement
Back