Will we blitz trevor lawrence or sit back?

Unlike the last time we played them the lack of holdin calls were pathetic. Hopefully we get some holding calls and get them behind schedule. Roche has an opportunity to have a huge game.

Advertisement
must take away something...my vote is the run
Exactly

Take away the run, and keeps pressure in Lawrence.
For whatever reason in the 2017 ACCCG Manny went with some kind of prevent/no pressure D, and Kelly Bryant just picked us apart in the 1st half. DO NOT DO THAT AGAIN

You have the linebackers sit on inside runs and watch for crossing routes. Blitz very little, bump the receivers at the line and have the safeties press out.

Lawrence is an accurate passer, but make him earn it. Forget all the stunts, maintain gap integrity, and let the backers come up or clean up.

We've had the time off to change it up. It's still a tall task, we'll almost certainly change nothing, but one can dream.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We should try one overload Blitz with McCloud like he did vs FSU...

But otherwise, we should show Blitz pre-snap but drop 7 in coverage & keep eyes on Etienne out the backfield.

Put Al Jr on Amari Rodgers all game & let Ivey do battle with his fellow South Dade Buccaneer in Frank Ladson. Brannon Specter & Braden Galloway will have to be accounted for as well, they use them both quite a bit as chain movers in the intermediate routes.

This game Defensively will be all about Phillips, Jade, JHH & Roche being able to collapse the pocket & get Lawrence on the ground. Clemson has only given up 5 sacks on the season, because TL will run out of the pocket a lot more than people would expect.

But Lawrence is completing 73% of his passes & hasn't thrown an INT all year, there's not much that can be done about that, the fact is, he's the #1 pick in the 21 draft come April next year & he's by far the highest graded QB since Peyton Manning. Unless he just has a bad day, he's gonna get his no matter what.

Our best bet will be to hope our Offense puts together long sustained drives & scores plenty of TD's, because there's really nothing the Defense can do to stop this team completely, we can create pressure upfront, but other than that their offense will move the ball without much resistance.

The game will come down to King going God mode & our WR's playing their best game of their careers.
I need post like this to help keep me grounded.

Advertisement

This is why you ABSOLUTELY DO NOT BLITZ good quick passing offenses. The proof is in those stats for all too see.

All you do is give them green grass to make easy completions and kill the morale of your defense .

We have to live with whatever our front four brings to the table. Our best hope of hitting Lawrence will be making him go through his progressions and climb the pocket or scramble. It will be a miracle on par with Moses at the Red Sea if we can slow them down playing soft coverages and blitzing late.

I just don’t see it. We have to slow Etienne first. We ABSOLUTELY CANNOT allow Lawrence to play pitch and catch in wide open throwing lanes. We have to force him to buy time because the easy throws are not there. Our defensive line will disrupt his rhythm as long as the coverage is good for three seconds.

I think our best shot is making them beat us with low percentage sideline passes with Lawrence under pressure. Playing scared in the secondary will kill us.

Maybe our **** blitzes from Baker will get to Trevor. He will take off running but little does he know our blitzer from 20 yards back is just getting to the LOS and tackles him for a No Gain!!!
We have to hope that our Dline plays like the Giants against Tom Brady in the SB then have someone spy(Not Amari stiff ***) on him because unlike Brady, Trevor has some wheels.
THIS.

We have to pressure Lawrence the same way, collapsing the pocket.

It won’t matter if we play bend don’t break.

That philosophy works against trash teams, but not against strong offenses. You can’t expect to hold a good offense to a field goal allowing them to get red hot giving them whatever they want underneath. They will punch it in.

I prefer aggression on the outside and make them prove they can beat us with the lowest percentage plays.

Advertisement
We won't do what I'd like to see us do, cause Baker is scary as fvck.

We'll just go with the same "game plan" we had versus Louisville that gave up 34 points and 500+ yards.
"Keep everything in front of us and prevent the big play."

I say we play "fvck you" defense.
Go into the game with a "fvck you" attitude. Man them up. Press coverage. Cover-1 and Cover-3 (with press-bail) as a change-up.
Force their WR's to beat us and force this kid to make accurate throws.

Man coverage leaves you susceptible to QB scrambles, but we'd have a free LB not covering anybody that can be used to spy/delay blitz.
You can blitz 6 from Cover-1 or you can rush 4 and use the LB's to rob the middle. Then you switch it up to Cover-3 (bail), which looks exactly like Cover-1-Man. And have Brooks in the game because he's more equipped to cover the RB out of the backfield.

Force them to make that deep throw down the sidelines. To my knowledge their outside WR's don't run that well.
Cause if we sit in OUR STYLE of zone (which is a loose spot-drop technique) he's gonna eat us alive. Yall remember last time we played them and Bryant started the game like 17-17 passing.

CHALLENGE THESE MF'ERS!

We'll just go with the same "game plan" we had versus Louisville that gave up 34 points and 500+ yards.

Go into the game with a "fvck you" attitude. Man them up. Press coverage. Cover-1 and Cover-3 (with press-bail) as a change-up.

Man coverage leaves you susceptible to QB scrambles, but we'd have a free LB not covering anybody that can be used to spy/delay blitz.
You can blitz 6 from Cover-1 or you can rush 4 and use the LB's to rob the middle. Then you switch it up to Cover-3 (bail), which looks exactly like Cover-1-Man. And have Brooks in the game because he's more equipped to cover the RB out of the backfield.

Force them to make that deep throw down the sidelines. To my knowledge their outside WR's don't run that well.
Cause if we sit in OUR STYLE of zone (which is a loose spot-drop technique) he's gonna eat us alive. Yall remember last time we played them and Bryant started the game like 17-17 passing.

CHALLENGE THESE MF'ERS!

I'd love for our guys to put constant pressure on that ************.

But stop the delayed/exotic blitzes. At least dial it down.

Sometimes, straight forward is obvious, but you know what? Straight forward works?

Cops don't enter houses by picking a lock that takes several minutes. Cops take a battering ram and punch through the mother****ing door.

We need to be able to bust the front door down on Lawrence.

CHALLENGE THESE MF'ERS!
sounds like clemson gameplan

CHALLENGE THESE MF'ERS!

Exactly Macho.

The beef I have with our defense is we take our best position group out of the game with our own strategy.

Defensive end has been our strongest unit on defense for years now. When you blitz too much and play soft coverage with ends like we got, you play the game with one hand tied behind your back. Teams that overachieve generally lean on their best players.

Advertisement
Back