Will we blitz trevor lawrence or sit back?

Advertisement
Gotta see how the first couple series unfold and whether or not our front 4 can apply pressure. It will be tough bc it’s not like Clemson does a lot of 5-7 step drops. Lots of read zone and quick passes. Tough for a front 4 to apply consistent pressure facing that offense. We’ll definitely need to blitz - I just hope we don’t have that baker classic super delayed blitz. That’s as effective as when donofrio had that horrible looping stunt called for wyche.

Advertisement
We need to take away the middle of the field. Blitzing opens the middle because you’re usually bringing the nickel, safeties, or backers. We need to force Clemson to beat us with the big play or running the ball which I don’t think will happen because it didn’t happen the last time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Quick passes exploiting linebackers like Charlotte. We won’t have a chance getting to him unless the staff has a plan for that

Until Baker or Manny prove otherwise, we're going to blitz, I just hope its not from 35 yards out. They seemed to dial those types of blitzes back against the Noles, so I guess we'll find out.

Phillips, Roche, Nesta and Ford need to improve their draft stock Saturday night. JHH getting some burn and having his own coming out party would be welcome too.

We know Sunshine is going go make plays, but if the D can limit them by not self-inflicting and making it easy on him (4th and 17 vs UNC last year), I can live with that.

Advertisement
We always blitz the **** out of teams. I just don't think we'll get there in time. 4 years ago that ball was out quickly, negating our pass rush.
Kelly Bryant completed like 100 consecutive passes against us, and he was a jag. I hope Manny/Baker have a better plan, and our front 4 is more disruptive.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back