Will Rosier improve like Brock Berlin?

I AGREE. But i watched this man throw bubble screens into the dirt all season. that is just bad, man. We cant win big with a qb who cant make those throws accurately and consistently
People miss throws. It happens. Many of Rosier’s were flat out terrible.

But he made some great throws too. It’s obvious by that that he can be accurate. The mark of a good coach is maximizing those situations where The QB can be most accurate, while at the same time working on how to improve accuracy when the situation is less than optimal.

Advertisement
Berlin went from totally ineffective and one of the worst QBs in the country to effective but still inaccurate. Rosier doesn’t need to make such a drastic improvement because he was about 100x better than berlin was as a junior

What is a “physical inangible?
Berlin was ineffective because the coaching was innefective.

Hence why he struggled under center but performed better when we put him in shotgun.

He was 100 times better because Richt is 100 times the coach that Brock had. Imagine Malik under center trying to do what was asked of Brock?

12/17 ratio for Brock. That shid wouldve been 10/22 with Malik, maybe even worse.

As far as the bolded part. I have no idea what that is buddy.

If you dont know what "intangibles" are then you should hop off the keyboard and pick up a book/dictionary.

A qb does not go from inaccurate to accurate just by going to the shotgun. The gun gives them more time to process the play while having to pay less attention to their footwork. That allows them to be more decisive throwing the ball, and therefore more accurate. But it also limits the plays you can run.

Of course they dont. What they can do is make better decisions. Which is what happened with Brock.

Having a guy who been in shotgun all of his life, transition to having to turn his back to the defense can totally alter his decision making and confidence.

Its proven with so many QBs.

I know you know this already.

At some point we can't keep making excuses all the time. Every team that wins doesn't have a whole OL full of 5-stars, you can gameplan around that with an uptempo quick passing attack.

There's a reason the trend of more True/Red & Sophomore QB's are playing a lot more because in today's era of college football you can literally manufacture offensive productivity. Between now & next year, we're going to have the most high rated talent we've had at RB, WR & TE since the dynasty days, which means regardless of who it is, the QB is surrounded with high caliber players. So enough with laundry lists about why we can't, just get it done.

Rosier is a 5th year Senior, he shouldn't have the same training wheels on him as the younger QB's would have. He better be improved. With how stacked we are at the skill positions there's no reason why we don't steamroll teams offensively.

People miss throws. It happens. Many of Rosier’s were flat out terrible.

But he made some great throws too. It’s obvious by that that he can be accurate. The mark of a good coach is maximizing those situations where The QB can be most accurate, while at the same time working on how to improve accuracy when the situation is less than optimal.

I dont mind missing college level throws where you need to have D1 talent to succeed.

Rosier misses elementary throws. I play flag football and our qb throws about 50 bubble screens a game and of the 6 years ive been playing, i can count on my hand how many times he threw an inaccurate pass on a screen.

He played DE in high school and didnt even go to college.

Rosier will go entire games throwing dump offs and screens into the dirt, behind the player, over their head.

Missing those throws is inexcusable.

Advertisement
At some point we can't keep making excuses all the time. Every team that wins doesn't have a whole OL full of 5-stars, you can gameplan around that with an uptempo quick passing attack.

There's a reason the trend of more True/Red & Sophomore QB's are playing a lot more because in today's era of college football you can literally manufacture offensive productivity. Between now & next year, we're going to have the most high rated talent we've had at RB, WR & TE since the dynasty days, which means regardless of who it is, the QB is surrounded with high caliber players. So enough with laundry lists about why we can't, just get it done.

Rosier is a 5th year Senior, he shouldn't have the same training wheels on him as the younger QB's would have. He better be improved. With how stacked we are at the skill positions there's no reason why we don't steamroll teams offensively.
Agree

Berlin from totally ineffective and one of the worst QBs in the country to effective but still inaccurate. Rosier doesn’t need to make such a drastic improvement because he was about 100x better than berlin was as a junior

What is a “physica inangible?”
Berlin was ineffective because the coaching was innefective.

Hence why he struggled under center but performed better when we put him in shotgun.

He was 100 times better because Richt is 100 times the coach that Brock had. Imagine Malik under center trying to do what was asked of Brock?

12/17 ratio for Brock. That shid wouldve been 10/22 with Malik, maybe even worse.

As far as the bolded part. I have no idea what that is buddy.

If you dont know what "intangibles" are then you should hop off the keyboard and pick up a book/dictionary.

No idea what you’re arguing about. The offense didn’t change a whole lot in 2004. We still ran mostly a pro style, I form offense. Berlin just got a lot better and also roscoe had a great year. Revionist history when it comes to berlin as usual.

Please explain what a “physical intangible” is for me. I’m too dumb to figure it out myself. I know what an intangible is, but not a “physical intangible.”

If he can sustain this we will be fine, if not for that second half skid in the season he would have put up monster numbers last year.

DD8DC3C6-3129-4F20-8AA1-0CFA1A2119FD.jpeg

His game took a noticeable dive during the UNC game and for the rest of the season. Maybe that shoulder injury affected him more than we acknowledged last year but regardless we can’t have a dip in play like that this year

Last edited:
Let’s not act like Brock is some elite QB, he struggled and was much worse than rosier when comparing their first years starting at Miami

If Brock was playing today in the shotgun every down he would be truly great. He suck under center but in two minute drill he was beast. I like Miami QB in pro set under center but Coker should have seen Brock excelled in shotgun and made the move.

Advertisement
BB in 2003 was some of the worst qb play I've ever seen. Dude single handily lost us games. We had one of the best CFB defenses ever and was wasted. Unreal talent lost on that squad because of him.

I remember the Vt game , they had like 180 total yards but thirty something points , majority off of Brock int's.
Brock played the whole season of 03 like Vinny did in the 87 fiesta bowl

Will Rosier improve this year... most likely. Will Rosier be a first or second round draft pick in next years NFL draft... nyet!

BB in 2003 was some of the worst qb play I've ever seen. Dude single handily lost us games. We had one of the best CFB defenses ever and was wasted. Unreal talent lost on that squad because of him.

I remember the Vt game , they had like 180 total yards but thirty something points , majority off of Brock int's.

Didn’t the D give up something ridiculous like under 3 yards per play? It was lethal,

Advertisement
Most physically gifted QB we had since Testaverde.

Werner, Nix, & Whipple were the worse OCs in UM history.

Nope. Not even close, actually. Wright was horrible. Stephen Morris had way better physical talent than Wright. Which is why Morris is still hanging around the NFL and Wright couldn’t even make it through one training camp.

Wright had this supposed “strong arm” yet had a wind up twice as long as Byron Leftwich’s and couldn’t complete a deep ball to save his life.

He also was very slow footed. He was all recruiting hype.

Rosier reminds me of Kenny Hill from TCU. If Rosier can get improve his completion % to what Hill had last year. We will be scary.

Nope. Not even close, actually. Wright was horrible. Stephen Morris had way better physical talent than Wright. Which is why Morris is still hanging around the NFL and Wright couldn’t even make it through one training camp.

Wright had this supposed “strong arm” yet had a wind up twice as long as Byron Leftwich’s and couldn’t complete a deep ball to save his life.

He also was very slow footed. He was all recruiting hype.

Werner, Olson, & Nix...kid played under 3 of the worse OCs in UM history.

Put Wright in an offense that takes most of the decision making out of the QB's hands like Meyers' or Rodriguez's at the time, Wright balls.

Advertisement
Rosier reminds me of Kenny Hill from TCU. If Rosier can get improve his completion % to what Hill had last year. We will be scary.

LOL...you must be watching those Top 25 CFB Games on ESPNU like me, I made the same comparison watching the TCU vs Stanford game from last year.

Werner, Olson, & Nix...kid played under 3 of the worse OCs in UM history.

Put Wright in an offense that takes most of the decision making out of the QB's hands like Meyers' or Rodriguez's at the time, Wright balls.

Wright played under a bunch of different OCs in part because he sucked. Werner did fine when Berlin was his QB. He was actually able to cover up how bad Wright was for a while in 2005 until Tyrone Moss got hurt. Then Rich Olson went to ASU for a year or two with Erickson and did okay. Nix was garbage but Wright was already terrible by that point.

All you need to know about him is that Berlin was barely getting touched in 2004, then Wright comes in for mop up duty against GT. He sacked himself four times in like nine attempts and then got stung by a bee.

Kid was all recruiting hype. No feel for the game, slow feet, inability to throw deep or with touch, long wind up, constantly sacked himself. Yeah he’d be great in quick read spread offenses lmao

I went back and looked it up. He didnt even make it to training camp—got cut during minicamp. If his only issue was coaching, the NFL would have fixed that. I believe a Vikings guy told @DMoney that Wright was one of the worst players they’ve ever had in minicamp.

Just don’t see Rosier improving THAT much. Most likely we end up 10-3 again. Hope I’m wrong, but it will be another year or two before we can take down teams like Clemson or come close to competing with Alabama. People are going to be so sick of Satan and the $EC by then, we’ll be everyone’s favorite team despite how we are hated now.

LOL...you must be watching those Top 25 CFB Games on ESPNU like me, I made the same comparison watching the TCU vs Stanford game from last year.

You must have not watch CFB last year because TCU had a good year and Hill was one of the reasons.

Advertisement
Back