Will Rosier improve like Brock Berlin?

lurk

Recruit
Brock Berlin played a lot of football as a Gator. Even so, when he finally started for us as a Jr. in 2003 he had 12 touchdowns versus 17 interceptions.

Everyone, for good reason, thought he was gonna be trash his Sr year in 2004. But, as a Sr. in 2004 he had 22 touchdown and 6 interceptions.

Many on here act like Rosier is destined to be no better this year than last, and forget that it IS possible for there to be massive improvement from Jr. to Sr. year.

I'm not saying it will happen for us/Rosier this year, but I'm glad to remind everyone that it is a possibility.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let's have this discussion AFTER the LSU game.

Until then, we should all hope that he will.

I will take a sip of this kool aid. With all the skill players available to him and him being a senior, it is hard think he can't improve.

After attending the game, I want to report that i am doing better after being discharged from the hospital after vomiting and convulsions during the game. I would like to thank you all for your prayers!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I saw somewhere Rosier's numbers where similar to Charlie Wards 1st year with Richt. 2nd year did a lot better.

Yea, I hope that’s the case with Rosier. Honestly, I’ll take him being consistent throughout entire games. Never mind getting gaudy numbers. I don’t think there was a game last year where I was like “wow that was a solid performance from beginning to end”. But in saying that, the biggest thing for me would be the O-line... If they improve, with the beasts we have at RB, along with any of our QBs, we’ll be solid.

The Offensive line improving negates how much better Malik needs to get. (Not that he doesn’t need to get better, because he does).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sr year Brock, yes.

Jr year Brock, **** no. That 2003 team might have been the best Miami team ever had they just had competent QB play. The defense in particular just had absurd talent

BB in 2003 was some of the worst qb play I've ever seen. Dude single handily lost us games. We had one of the best CFB defenses ever and was wasted. Unreal talent lost on that squad because of him.

I remember the Vt game , they had like 180 total yards but thirty something points , majority off of Brock int's.

Rosier as a junior was 1000x better than Berlin as a junior. Clearly, he can improve like Berlin did, but he has far less room for improvement than Berlin did.

Advertisement
If Brock was our QB last yr....we'd of been in the playoff.....
Let’s not act like Brock is some elite QB, he struggled and was much worse than rosier when comparing their first years starting at Miami

Last edited:
BB in 2003 was some of the worst qb play I've ever seen. Dude single handily lost us games. We had one of the best CFB defenses ever and was wasted. Unreal talent lost on that squad because of him.

I remember the Vt game , they had like 180 total yards but thirty something points , majority off of Brock int's.

The defense the second half of 2003 season was unbelievable. I think we were giving up about 200 yards per game. Any type of quarterback play and Miami goes undefeated. He was awful against Tennessee. Just awful. Mystery why they did not keep him in the shot gun after the Florida game. Clearly, he was comfortable and could see the field much better. Werner did a really nice job with Brock his senior year.

The defense the second half of 2003 season was unbelievable. I think we were giving up about 200 yards per game. Any type of quarterback play and Miami goes undefeated. He was awful against Tennessee. Just awful. Mystery why they did not keep him in the shot gun after the Florida game. Clearly, he was comfortable and could see the field much better. Werner did a really nice job with Brock his senior year.

Pretty sure they gave up 8-10 ppg, I wanna say it was like 9.8 or close. Unreal D

Advertisement
Back