Will Rogers in the Portal

Genuinely curious what people see in this guy other than big stats. Feel like every time I watched him against any decent team he was completely mediocre.

Advertisement
Throwing the ball doesn’t mean anything especially when you’re losing at the end of games as much as we have been lately. Then mix in the predictable screens which are pretty much runs. It’s the route concepts and creativity of the offense which is terrible. Dawson emptied his bag the first quarter of the season. Even the running game lacks creativity , it’s very vanilla. Ask any DC In the country and they’d tell you this offense is as predictable and easy to prepare for as any in the country. Very little motion since the A&M game , very little space and very meh route concepts.

Mike Norvell doesn’t throw the ball around the lot but he’s constantly putting pressure on all theee levels of the defense. Great in the screen game , passing off previous run action and vice versa. Putting playmakers in space and 1 v 1 situations while having the qb run aspect to steal yards. The best offensive minds is constantly messing with twenty two eyes on the defense
Oh I agree 100% with you. Honestly with people saying Mario doesn’t like to throw I looked up those stats and was expecting Miami to be a lot lower. I was just surprised

Washington will be a top destination as well along with USC. ND has been statistically worse than us through the air this season and Auburn is all the way down at 119 in passing offense.
I forgot about Washington but USC has 1 five star QB from 2023 and one high 4 star from 2021, lets hope theyre the future for USC. I would imagine the five star guy is pretty good seeing how usc is not taking a highly rated QB this recruiting cycle

Advertisement
Roy’s son?

How Can I Help You Reaction GIF by Polizei Rheinland-Pfalz

@PIPO we got him

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he balls out big at the next stop. I think the offense , injuries and his mental just caused him to break here. The Alabama stuff and his agent put unnecessary pressure on him. That’s just my opinion.
If he balls out at the next stop after 2 bad seasons with Mario, that QB Killer persona will get louder and louder.

Advertisement
Throwing the ball doesn’t mean anything especially when you’re losing at the end of games as much as we have been lately. Then mix in the predictable screens which are pretty much runs. It’s the route concepts and creativity of the offense which is terrible. Dawson emptied his bag the first quarter of the season. Even the running game lacks creativity , it’s very vanilla. Ask any DC In the country and they’d tell you this offense is as predictable and easy to prepare for as any in the country. Very little motion since the A&M game , very little space and very meh route concepts.

Mike Norvell doesn’t throw the ball around the lot but he’s constantly putting pressure on all theee levels of the defense. Great in the screen game , passing off previous run action and vice versa. Putting playmakers in space and 1 v 1 situations while having the qb run aspect to steal yards. The best offensive minds is constantly messing with twenty two eyes on the defense
I'm not discounting this but how much of what you're saying is simply defenses figuring out TVD and limiting our approach to what we can and can't do offensively? Not saying that a truly elite OC couldn't scheme around his limitations and have incrementally better results but not sure if 85% of the other OC's at this level wouldn't have had comparable results.

I continue to say that I'll truly judge Dawson when he has competent QB play.

Oh got it. So now it’s the TYPE of pass that’s the problem. And no one else runs any WR screens.

The narrative changes with every new post. But facts don’t lie, nor do they care about your narrative.
Nobody said the facts weren’t the facts, I wrote skewed. And yes, WR screens are used by others, but not to the extent of this scheme.

Advertisement
I'm not discounting this but how much of what you're saying is simply defenses figuring out TVD and limiting our approach to what we can and can't do offensively? Not saying that a truly elite OC couldn't scheme around his limitations and have incrementally better results but not sure if 85% of the other OC's at this level wouldn't have had comparable results.

I continue to say that I'll truly judge Dawson when he has competent QB play.
The gameplan and scheming is awful , which isn’t helping Tyler. We use very little motion , flexing / shifting and changing formations. That’s why there’s very easy throws and big windows. If we get blitzed out qb’s are sitting ducks about to get unleashed on. Then mix in no usage of the te’s or rb’s in the pass game or screens. It’s Gattis bad as a scheme.

Dawson is as much a part of the problem as TVD. He calls plays with panties on. Against Lville, I was in section 203 talking about why don’t we do anything creative but basic like a run a reverse, especially since we have linemen that can get down field. Lo and behold he calls one. Touchdown.

Advertisement
The gameplan and scheming is awful , which isn’t helping Tyler. We use very little motion , flexing / shifting and changing formations. That’s why there’s very easy throws and big windows. If we get blitzed out qb’s are sitting ducks about to get unleashed on. Then mix in no usage of the te’s or rb’s in the pass game or screens. It’s Gattis bad as a scheme.
31 points against a top 10 team.

Dawson is as much a part of the problem as TVD. He calls plays with panties on. Against Lville, I was in section 203 talking about why don’t we do anything creative but basic like a run a reverse, especially since we have linemen that can get down field. Lo and behold he calls one. Touchdown.
we had 486 yards of offense against Louisville and averaged 7.5 yards per play

Advertisement
Back