Will Rogers in the Portal

I mean, how many stats do you need to see that the “fizical run bro offense” is entirely made up on this board?
they are just like chicks

they are mad at the outcome and they grasp onto anything and everything, whether there is logic or not, in trying to identify what is wrong

we're a QB away from a 10 win season next year with this same exact staff

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he balls out at the next stop after 2 bad seasons with Mario, that QB Killer persona will get louder and louder.
I've been saying that. Our best opportunity at QB is TVD under a real OC without Mario meddling. We've seen his ceiling. I doubt we do better than that in the portal and even if we do, we have no guarantee that Mario doesn't break a new QB also.

There's a chance here we could end up with double the negativity if we bring in a successful portal QB and he stinks it up here AND TVD transfers elsewhere and does well. Mario's reputation as a QB killer will be cemented and he'll have a very hard time signing an elite HS OR transfer QB ever again.

If TVD stays here and returns to 2021 form, then Mario can redeem himself and change the perception on his reputation.

Very dangerous territory for Mario if he botches the QB room again.

Advertisement
exactly and that was very much on TVD

we're a QB away - blame the coaches all you want but if we don't have all those turnovers we score several times and win that game

A coach’s #1 job on game day is to put their players in the best position to succeed. If you think Mario and the offensive coaching staff have been doing that consistently all year, I don’t know what to tell you.

Aww, look who’s shook.

You don’t have a terrible game plan and put up 31 points against a top 10 team
If this were true bad teams would never pull
upsets or have inexplicable outputs offensively / defensively.

Let’s be real , you know nothing about this subject and your argument is like a twelve year old girl saying “ but we scored 31 points “. You don’t have any idea what me and some other posters are discussing but you’re still interjecting yourself into the conversation. I don’t think you have a clue how dumb you look. Real talk.

Advertisement
2021 TVD isn’t walking through that door. Hopefully for his sake he finds that guy ar his next stop.
Probably not the appropriate time, but where do you think he should go? SMU is the obvious choice but they have Stone.

Curious to see the market he has. Wake Forest and Nebraska come to mind if high level P5 schools don’t come calling.

A coach’s #1 job on game day is to put their players in the best position to succeed. If you think Mario and the offensive coaching staff have been doing that consistently all year, I don’t know what to tell you.
i am not saying the staff is void from responsibility but i do believe he was put in position to be successful. have you seen the plays where he threw interceptions? someone made a clip on twitter and more than half of them had open check downs

not only that but TVD was lights out against A&M - a legit top 10 defense. His meteoric collapse with no legitimate backup QB ready to replace him did us in

we desperately need to increase competition and talent in the QB room because this is the 2nd season in a row that relying on tvd has bit us in the ***

his poor decisions cost us at least 3 games this season (4 if you count GT and his 3 picks, but i'll blame Mario and dawson for not kneeling there)

Sending 3-4 guys out in routed against 7 defenders as much as we did is as crazy of a thing as I’ve seen. Last week we at least had five guys going out more which was a nice surprise.

Advertisement
If this were true bad teams would never pull
upsets or have inexplicable outputs offensively / defensively.

Let’s be real , you know nothing about this subject and your argument is like a twelve year old girl saying “ but we scored 31 points “. You don’t have any idea what me and some other posters are discussing but you’re still interjecting yourself into the conversation. I don’t think you have a clue how dumb you look. Real talk.
Gotcha, but you’re the board leader of a bunch of ‘tards who think we just run it up the gut all night.

By the way, scoring most of your points in the first half is an indicator that the game plan was pretty good.

Sending 3-4 guys out in routed against 7 defenders as much as we did is as crazy of a thing as I’ve seen. Last week we at least had five guys going out more which was a nice surprise.

Definitely a real effort to mix things up last week. The reverse was beautiful. I guess late is better than never.

31 points against a top 10 team.

I Cant Jeff Probst GIF by Global TV

Advertisement
Back