Will Rogers in the Portal

Under Mike Leach? Yes TVD could put up those numbers.

Like I said, TVDs QB rating in 2021 was higher than Will Rogers ever was.
Love Leach but he was cooked for several years going back to 2018 WSU. They won 7 and 8 games, respectively in '21 and '22 so it's even more impressive that he was able to put up numbers like that given they were mainly empty calories.

Advertisement
Wrong Rogers. He’s Kenny’s grandson. But he’s not a take for us. He’s known as a gambler.

**** Sunglasses GIF by Satisfaction
Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

I think you guys get **** mixed up and cant hold multiple thoughts as true.. NO ONE is saying you cant win running the ball, atleast from what I see is running straight into a pile with very little variety in run game is main issue. We can run but dam mix **** up some time.. The cave man shtick is this guy thinks you can just run straight thru everyone and he seems confused when it doesnt work.. The guy comes across like an idiot.. respectfully
So Mark Fletcher gashed a top 10 team for 7.5 yards per carry because we just run it into the line with no creativity?

It’s okay to blame a 38-31 loss on the defense.

I really believe FSU rolls with what they have next year unless Rodemaker is a complete disaster down the stretch. They're high on Brock Glenn too, so it would be hard to see them pursue a big time portal QB and risk one of those guys leaving.
I hope so too. That would just leave us fighting with ND and Auburn for QB's and I like our chances there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What about 2023 TVD games 1-4?

And we better hope TVD doesn't return to '21 form under his next stop. Would basically prove Mario is a QB killer.
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he balls out big at the next stop. I think the offense , injuries and his mental just caused him to break here. The Alabama stuff and his agent put unnecessary pressure on him. That’s just my opinion.

So Mark Fletcher gashed a top 10 team for 7.5 yards per carry because we just run it into the line with no creativity?

It’s okay to blame a 38-31 loss on the defense.
Wasnt really talking that particular game.. more season overall, if you want to cherry pick that game, I agree.. Defense got cooked, even posted that earlier in week Brohm cooked them boys.. happens..

for most part defense has been "good enough" this season tho

Advertisement
I hope so too. That would just leave us fighting with ND and Auburn for QB's and I like our chances there.
Washington will be a top destination as well along with USC. ND has been statistically worse than us through the air this season and Auburn is all the way down at 119 in passing offense.

Advertisement
Miami averages 33 passing attempts per game. OU averages 33 FSU average 32. USC average 35 North Carolina average 36. Washington averages 37. Looks like Miami is attempting to throw the ball to me.
Throwing the ball doesn’t mean anything especially when you’re losing at the end of games as much as we have been lately. Then mix in the predictable screens which are pretty much runs. It’s the route concepts and creativity of the offense which is terrible. Dawson emptied his bag the first quarter of the season. Even the running game lacks creativity , it’s very vanilla. Ask any DC In the country and they’d tell you this offense is as predictable and easy to prepare for as any in the country. Very little motion since the A&M game , very little space and very meh route concepts.

Mike Norvell doesn’t throw the ball around the lot but he’s constantly putting pressure on all theee levels of the defense. Great in the screen game , passing off previous run action and vice versa. Putting playmakers in space and 1 v 1 situations while having the qb run aspect to steal yards. The best offensive minds is constantly messing with twenty two eyes on the defense

Last edited:
Wasnt really talking that particular game.. more season overall, if you want to cherry pick that game, I agree.. Defense got cooked, even posted that earlier in week Brohm cooked them boys.. happens..

for most part defense has been "good enough" this season tho
We had one offensive game since September and that’s the game they’ll cherry pick from lol. How cute. We padded our stats in Sep and have been in a free fall since.

You can tell who actually knows ball in here lmao. Not just reading from stats.com.

Advertisement
Back