Why UCF Football Will Pass Miami Football within the State of Florida's Recruiting Hierarchy

0da242a5a39f2109bc702ee66142a162.jpg

Advertisement

laughing%20then%20serious%20gif.gif

Not surprised this garbage is from Sports Illustrated. I honestly thought they went out of business years ago.

Sub-headline:

"UCF football has a chance to be a consistent recruiting winner in South Florida, and much of that has to do with the University of Miami football program struggling."

2020 UM: 8-3

2020 UCF: 6-4

Advertisement
Wow I know I’m a biased Cane fan but my goodness was that a hit piece.

Like I know he’s a homer ucf writer but **** he couldn’t at least try to be objective?

The entire article is predicated because UCF got one south Florida commitment.

Talks about how we haven’t won anything in over a decade but never mentions why UCF would be primed to take south Florida recruits instead of the usual suspects in the SEC other than the great Gus Malzhan presumably sweet talking south Florida four and five stars.

Embarrassing.

The joke is that it's labeled a Sports Illustrated piece—as it's not.

Brian Smith is a publisher for FanNation's "Inside The Knights" page—which is "powered by Sports Illustrated"—and he covers the University of Central Florida for FanNation.

It's no different than any homerism piece on any fan page—yet this is packaged and disguised as a national article by an unbiased writer, due to the Sports Illustrated URL.

He mentions defensive lineman Jamaal Johnson in the piece like the kid is some crown jewel, coveted local player.

The Chaminade-Madonna Prep 3-Star has an offer from UM as he's in their backyard—but no offer from Florida or Florida State.

His list of offers includes Boston College, Florida International, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Southern Miss, Utah State, South Florida and a few others.

The implication this is somehow a "get" for Gus Malzahn and the Knights is a laughable reach.

Worked really hard to push that "program on the decline" narrative for Miami, as if it were 2015 and not 2021 and year three under Diaz.

Miami just signed the #11 class months back—to Central Florida's 54th-ranked class—and Diaz is doing the opposite of the Al Golden model, where UM would have 15+ commits this time of year—only to watch guys fall off or go elsewhere in the end. Being much more selective with the process and the four kids committed for 2022 are all on-brand and solid.

Miami will continue losing kids to Alabama and Georgia and other big money SEC powers that throw bags at players and nine figures towards their football programs—renovations, coaching salaries and millions spent annually in the recruiting budget.

These same caliber kids will start staying home (some) if Manny can start winning with what he has—but it's laughable and delusional to think that kids are going to rush towards the middle of the state to play under a retread like Malzahn, in a garbage-*** AAC conference where they're taking on the likes of Memphis and Tulsa annually.

This guy comes off like any UCF fan drinking their own black and gold Kool-Aid.

Advertisement
The joke is that it's labeled a Sports Illustrated piece—as it's not.

Brian Smith is a publisher for FanNation's "Inside The Knights" page—which is "powered by Sports Illustrated"—and he covers the University of Central Florida for FanNation.

It's no different than any homerism piece on any fan page—yet this is packaged and disguised as a national article by an unbiased writer, due to the Sports Illustrated URL.

He mentions defensive lineman Jamaal Johnson in the piece like the kid is some crown jewel, coveted local player.

The Chaminade-Madonna Prep 3-Star has an offer from UM as he's in their backyard—but no offer from Florida or Florida State.

His list of offers includes Boston College, Florida International, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Southern Miss, Utah State, South Florida and a few others.

The implication this is somehow a "get" for Gus Malzahn and the Knights is a laughable reach.

Worked really hard to push that "program on the decline" narrative for Miami, as if it were 2015 and not 2021 and year three under Diaz.

Miami just signed the #11 class months back—to Central Florida's 54th-ranked class—and Diaz is doing the opposite of the Al Golden model, where UM would have 15+ commits this time of year—only to watch guys fall off or go elsewhere in the end. Being much more selective with the process and the four kids committed for 2022 are all on-brand and solid.

Miami will continue losing kids to Alabama and Georgia and other big money SEC powers that throw bags at players and nine figures towards their football programs—renovations, coaching salaries and millions spent annually in the recruiting budget.

These same caliber kids will start staying home (some) if Manny can start winning with what he has—but it's laughable and delusional to think that kids are going to rush towards the middle of the state to play under a retread like Malzahn, in a garbage-*** AAC conference where they're taking on the likes of Memphis and Tulsa annually.

This guy comes off like any UCF fan drinking their own black and gold Kool-Aid.
Excellent rebuttal. I’m sure you could write a better puff piece about UCF football than this clown.

Not surprised this garbage is from Sports Illustrated. I honestly thought they went out of business years ago.
STFU you weird *** attention *****.

Fake news!!l

Go Canes!!

I saw this yesterday and while he makes some irrefutable criticisms on the UM program, its really just a regurgitation of the data of the last two decades. There is absolutely nothing in there that explains how or why UCF will pass UM. There is absolutely nothing in that article except a paragraph of complete assertion about UCF recruiting. He also fails to explain how UCF is going to compete with all of the other schools who he mentioned are poaching kids down here. I kept reading and reading waiting for how this was all supposed to happen. Nothing. No quotes. No anything. It reads like something from the school paper.

Last edited:
Advertisement
the funny part is ORLANDO and Central Florida ges raided for their elite players and none of those guys go to UCF....

How bout someone write an article about that.

I think a kid committed to UGA today while he was supposed to be on a UCF official from Orlando (Jacorey Thomas).lmao

Advertisement
You are clearly functionally illiterate. Go complain to your boyfriend that it makes you sad that you don't understand words good.
Chill bro! Ain't nobody trying hear that homophobic , functionally illiterate BS you tryin to sling yo.

I just thought you were posting some blue lot type bullshiit article. I didn't see your comment below the link you posted. I thought you were trolling. My bad.

Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
Back