Why Should I Support Manny?

This forum for the most part is vicious... people will eat you up alive when they don't agree on a post. Therefore, very few are going to have patience with lethargic team performance, and the head coach is ultimately where "the buck stops". Hey I don't have any bias whatsoever towards Manny, but his future as a HC depends on how the team does in October, cause after @FSU and @Duke could be killers... and if he fails miserably this year, the fanbase with demand roast Manny with black beans and rice for Noche Buena.
nochebuena-cuba-1024x640.jpg

Advertisement
Go support another program for 2 to 3 years then.

Once he fails come on back and discuss new coaching hires.

People who stick around and bang their chests over every single thing that ****es them off for years on end are insufferable losers who have no lives.

I heard morons saying "we need to bring back Jimmy Johnson" leaving the stadium after game 4.

To think in 1984 AFTER a national title he went 8 and 5 with a HORRIFIC loss to Maryland and Hail Flutey never happened. I can only imagine what the internets would have been saying then if they existed in their current form.

I mean honestly Saturday was the worst win I have seen in 20 years but to start threads based on information we already had at our disposal and not giving the man a full year to implement anything is hilarious.

If

If short bus disciples we go out and beat Va Tech by 2 TDs what then? He isnt a ******?

Christ. This is one of my first responses since the horror show that was Saturday but it needs to be said.
I'm not at all happy about where we are or what I imagine lies ahead, but you nailed it. I wouldn't add or subtract anything from that post.

This forum for the most part is vicious... people will eat you up alive when they don't agree on a post. Therefore, very few are going to have patience with lethargic team performance, and the head coach is ultimately where "the buck stops". Hey I don't have any bias whatsoever towards Manny, but his future as a HC depends on how the team does in October, cause after @FSU and @Duke could be killers... and if he fails miserably this year, the fanbase will demand roast Manny with black beans and rice for Noche Buena.
No doubt about the viciousness. Not to sound like a smart ***, but I'm not concerned about getting eaten alive. I'm on this forum because of my devotion as a Cane for over 50 years. For the most part, I enjoy the interaction and information I get from many posters such as yourself.

I understand the impatience. I'm not typically patient. I've been through some very "lean" years dating back to the late 60's and 70's. Several prominent posters have made very valid points about the performance they're seeing. I get it. I could make counter points to some of the naysayers but what purpose would it serve? It's not necessary for me to add fuel to the fire.

Manny has said a lot of the "right" things. I'm hoping can he put words into action. I agree if he fails miserably, there will be **** to pay from many in the fanbase.

Advertisement
[/QUOTE]
No doubt about the viciousness. Not to sound like a smart ***, but I'm not concerned about getting eaten alive. I'm on this forum because of my devotion as a Cane for over 50 years. For the most part, I enjoy the interaction and information I get from many posters such as yourself.

I understand the impatience. I'm not typically patient. I've been through some very "lean" years dating back to the late 60's and 70's. Several prominent posters have made very valid points about the performance they're seeing. I get it. I could make counter points to some of the naysayers but what purpose would it serve? It's not necessary for me to add fuel to the fire.

Manny has said a lot of the "right" things. I'm hoping can he put words into action. I agree if he fails miserably, there will be **** to pay from many in the fanbase.
LOL... here as I speak there's proof of the viciousness.
You'd figure that Manny's been around football long enough to know what it takes to play good ball, and what it takes to prepare the players. It also may be that this squad isn't and won't be able to play Canes football as I/we know it... the football of the 80's, 90's and early 2000's... and it may take a whole new approach... an approach we thought TNM was gonna bring.

Last edited:
For those of you who creamed your pants when this total loser corch was hired, please explain to me what exactly he has done in his career to deserve this job and the support of the fans?

Here’s a challenge: try to explain it without saying he’s from here (so was Randy), he talks the talk (so did Al), he is a savage (aka a social media fake tough guy bc he never played a down of ball in his life).

Other reasonings such as “who else could we get” and “we are poor” also will be discounted bc they are blatant falsehoods.

What has this guy done to earn this job???
Let’s see, You join the board just after the Carolina loss. Real high probability that you are a gayturd faqit.

Advertisement
For those of you who creamed your pants when this total loser corch was hired, please explain to me what exactly he has done in his career to deserve this job and the support of the fans?

Here’s a challenge: try to explain it without saying he’s from here (so was Randy), he talks the talk (so did Al), he is a savage (aka a social media fake tough guy bc he never played a down of ball in his life).

Other reasonings such as “who else could we get” and “we are poor” also will be discounted bc they are blatant falsehoods.

Because it has only been 4 games. Because this team wasn't that good to begin with (remember 7-6). This team is worse through games than most people thought they would be but still, 4 games. In my opinion you have to give him at least 2 years before we know for sure what we have in Manny.

As far as what he's done to earn the job, it doesn't matter he's the coach. I don't choose who get hired so I'm going to give Manny a chance but he's here now and he'll be here at a minimum 3 years unless we are pure trash after year 2.

If Manny gets this team rolling you're going to be on his nuts so why hate him right now only 4 games in? Yep he needs to do better. It's not looking good 4 games in.

Last edited:
ok but you supporting him just keeps him here longer. he is a disaster of a hire, the least qualified of all time. supporting manny hurts this program. we need him one and done.

I can promise you he could have a losing record and wont be one and done.

What did Dabo do to deserve the HC job? He was a WR coach.

I like Manny and I think it will work out. However, I think Temple would’ve been best for him. Just to get some coaching experience. In-game experience. He may not be ready for a program with a big national spotlight. It may take him 2 years to get right.

Advertisement
I gave Randy 2yrs before wanting him gone
Gave Al 3 yrs before wanting him gone.
Richt got 2yrs.
Randy had to go because he just couldn’t coach
Al had to go because he loved NoD more than Miami FB
Richt couldn’t fire his son
Manny is 4 games deep... I’m gonna give him some time to right the ship.
I’m not asking you to do a **** thing.
It’s been 18 yrs of **** being a fan of this program. Do what you got to do
Been a fan since 87’ I’m not going anywhere now
Like you, been a fan too long to roll. Can I have one request and I stole this idea from LCE. Can Manny change the offense? Can we give this a whirl after year 1? I'll take entertainment and 9-3 this point.

What have you done to earn the right to be a CANE fan except judge a coach at a job you know nothing about?

Advertisement
Being that you describe Manny as a "total loser corch", I doubt anyone could say anything to you where you would give the guy a chance.

However, for those who have open minds, Manny should be given a shot because he turned around the 70th ranked defense in 2015 to have top 20 rankings in 2 of his 3 seasons (top 5 last year). He has almost 8 years of Power 5 experience as a coordinator and has coached under Mullen, Brown, and Richt (all 3 have a total of 500 wins as head coach).

He should be given 2 years (unless the Canes go like 3-9 this year) because unfortunately, he is learning what it is to be a head coach on the job. Look, he was hired because many thought the Canes were a decent offense away from being a 10 win team last year. Obviously, the changes he made with the offense are not working currently.

I will say this, he and his coaching staff better take this week off and right the ship. It is one thing to say the right things in the offseason and on social media. It is quite another to have your team fear you and be held accountable by you for stupid penalties, being soft, and weak minded. This team needs to get their s$&t in order or the wheels will come off of this thing badly and Manny may lose the whole team.

Frankly, I don't know what he can do about having such a lousy kicker. The kid has a mental block going on and needs a sports psychiatrist or something. The OL is horrible. Aside from Enos calling plays which take that weakness into account (more quick plays to playmakers in space), they have to play who they have on the team.

Manny is a total loser corch. I honestly think that Al Golden is a better football coach than Manny Diaz.

And who cares what coaches Manny has served under? Jeremy Pruitt has served under Jimbo Fisher and Nick Saban. Charlie Weis has served under Bill Belichick. Chad Morris has served under Dabo Swiney. Want them?

Manny is a total loser corch. I honestly think that Al Golden is a better football coach than Manny Diaz.

And who cares what coaches Manny has served under? Jeremy Pruitt has served under Jimbo Fisher and Nick Saban. Charlie Weis has served under Bill Belichick. Chad Morris has served under Dabo Swiney. Want them?
lol ... Charlie Weis ... ask the leprechauns up at Nutty Dome about old Charlie.

After 4 games you can unequivocally say Manny is the worst, based on what? Two games we could have easily won and one really poor performance against CMU. I give him three years as any program should do for a new coach.

We've been playing poor all year and the defensive scheme is trash.

Advertisement
Back