Why Should I Support Manny?

Advertisement
af.gif

You want to support him because he’s our leader right now. You can see in his eyes he’s not happy.

He mentioned something about a disease but he’s not happy. He knows this is not the Miami standard that he envisioned.

He will make the changes and get rid of people in the off season like he did after richt left

Advertisement
I gave Randy 2yrs before wanting him gone
Gave Al 3 yrs before wanting him gone.
Richt got 2yrs.
Randy had to go because he just couldn’t coach
Al had to go because he loved NoD more than Miami FB
Richt couldn’t fire his son
Manny is 4 games deep... I’m gonna give him some time to right the ship.
I’m not asking you to do a **** thing.
It’s been 18 yrs of **** being a fan of this program. Do what you got to do
Been a fan since 87’ I’m not going anywhere now
I thought his dream job was Penn State.

Continue to recruit like this & we’ll continue to win 7-8 games. Blame the admin not the coaches

Attachments

• 662D7939-7B8A-481E-9EF6-B7EC065A3DCA.jpeg
    662D7939-7B8A-481E-9EF6-B7EC065A3DCA.jpeg
    273.2 KB · Views: 10
He has 4 games experience and just a couple of plays from being 4-0. Jeesh, you're an example of why Canes fans suck and are known to be some of the worst in the country. We want to be good right? We want to win? Then support the guy. If he sucks after a year two, then go all in on flying banners. Until then, support the guy.

Jeesh...4 games in and a few plays from being undefeated.... but lets trash him and not support him.

Don't support him and go follow another team or another sport.
If a couple things break differently and we were undefeated it still wouldn't prove that we're a good team. 2013 we started 7-0 but snuck by most teams and then got flattened at F$U. At seasons end you really couldn't say we were a good team.

2017 started 10-0 needed and needed a miracle pass to beat F$U and a last second kick to beat GT back to back weeks. Neither of those teams were good. That season feels like 10 years ago now and really only felt good because of the ND destruction and again ended on a sour note that carried into last year.

I'll wait to fully criticize Manny until season's end and through this recruiting cycle, but things look like **** right now.

Advertisement
I support manny bc I have no choice
But I will still point out his deficiencies
Pointing out deficiencies or "challenges" is fair game. But ranting, "He's a f'n corch", "He should never have been hired", or "Fire him, Urban is still unemployed" is something entirely different. There's nothing constructive about it, there's no deficiency being discussed. And I'm someone who thought he was a lazy hire.

All of our best players are either freshmen or sophomores! Lol you guys have to just relax & stop with all the crying/complaining. I’m looking forward to seeing this young group grow as football team

Attachments

• 79D45B9E-CA74-4119-B627-629C73973EC5.png
    79D45B9E-CA74-4119-B627-629C73973EC5.png
    684.9 KB · Views: 3
  • F79F77CF-99E2-49B3-A461-6B46D31CD934.png
    F79F77CF-99E2-49B3-A461-6B46D31CD934.png
    1 MB · Views: 3
You want to support him because he’s our leader right now. You can see in his eyes he’s not happy.

He mentioned something about a disease but he’s not happy. He knows this is not the Miami standard that he envisioned.

He will make the changes and get rid of people in the off season like he did after richt left

lolol hes not our leader. hes here bc daddy is tight with the BOT.

Because he's the head coach of the program you support and he's coached exactly 4 games and took over for a completely lifeless program. We have the biggest ****nose "supporters" in the country and nobody is even close to 2nd place.

Advertisement
Being that you describe Manny as a "total loser corch", I doubt anyone could say anything to you where you would give the guy a chance.

However, for those who have open minds, Manny should be given a shot because he turned around the 70th ranked defense in 2015 to have top 20 rankings in 2 of his 3 seasons (top 5 last year). He has almost 8 years of Power 5 experience as a coordinator and has coached under Mullen, Brown, and Richt (all 3 have a total of 500 wins as head coach).

He should be given 2 years (unless the Canes go like 3-9 this year) because unfortunately, he is learning what it is to be a head coach on the job. Look, he was hired because many thought the Canes were a decent offense away from being a 10 win team last year. Obviously, the changes he made with the offense are not working currently.

I will say this, he and his coaching staff better take this week off and right the ship. It is one thing to say the right things in the offseason and on social media. It is quite another to have your team fear you and be held accountable by you for stupid penalties, being soft, and weak minded. This team needs to get their s$&t in order or the wheels will come off of this thing badly and Manny may lose the whole team.

Frankly, I don't know what he can do about having such a lousy kicker. The kid has a mental block going on and needs a sports psychiatrist or something. The OL is horrible. Aside from Enos calling plays which take that weakness into account (more quick plays to playmakers in space), they have to play who they have on the team.

Advertisement
It's unbelievable to me that after just 4 games "fans" are calling for Manny's head on a platter of empanadas. Am I happy with 2-2? **** no! Am I happy about beating CMU by only 5 points and looking like mierda? Again, **** no!

But the realist in me believes that 4 games is not a large enough sample size to throw in the towel. Do changes need to be made? Absolutely. The next few weeks will be very telling as to whether or not Manny will be able to overcome the obstacles he inherited from the ineptitude of the last 15 years or so.

It's unbelievable to me that after just 4 games "fans" are calling for Manny's head on a platter of empanadas. Am I happy with 2-2? **** no! Am I happy about beating CMU by only 5 points and looking like mierda? Again, **** no!

But the realist in me believes that 4 games is not a large enough sample size to throw in the towel. Do changes need to be made? Absolutely. The next few weeks will be very telling as to whether or not Manny will be able to overcome the obstacles he inherited from the ineptitude of the last 15 years or so.
This forum for the most part is vicious... people will eat you up alive when they don't agree on a post. Therefore, very few are going to have patience with lethargic team performance, and the head coach is ultimately where "the buck stops". Hey I don't have any bias whatsoever towards Manny, but his future as a HC depends on how the team does in October, cause after @FSU and @Duke could be killers... and if he fails miserably this year, the fanbase will demand roast Manny with black beans and rice for Noche Buena.

Advertisement
Back