Why Should I Support Manny?

Advertisement
This x 100000

This board has been pathetic. ‘Why should I support this coach?’ Because he’s the ******* coach of the team you claim to be a fan of and he’s 4 games in to his head coaching career. Every **** post on this board lately is a group think “woah is me”. Like stfu and go be a fan of another team then, holy ****. You guys would be *****ing after every single loss or bad game no matter who the coach is/was/going to be. So be a fan of ******* Clemson than jump on to another bandwagon once they fall off. You guys are the saddest bunch of ****s I’ve ever seen in a bowl together.
Class of 73, Canes for life. Lived thru a lot of **** FB, never wavered. I’ve followed some teams in new places I have lived. Herschel at UGA, Peyton at Ut, followed former students at Tech, NEVER EVER strayed from CanesNation.My own offspring born and raised in Atlanta, CanesNation. My Son and I have had tix for years. Always, CanesNation. There’s only space in this Nation for those that live and breathe The U. It’s like a marriage, for better or WORSE, richer or poorer, death do us part. Want a divorce,same thing I told my exe’s BYE. I’m in this till the Death part. 🙌🏿 CANEFORLIFE

Manny has great bloodlines. He's a Miami guy and just gets it! Bro, he grew up a Miami fan. I hear he's working on a bejeweled crown that our kicker is going to wear after he nails extra points. This aint your father's Miami bro.

I know that your title is rhetorical, but there is a pretty good answer:

It’s pretty obvious that this administration doesn’t fire coaches, especially if they’re owed tons of money. We knew after the first quarter against Maryland that Al Golden was an absolute disaster. He outstayed his welcome for so long, that it was clearly obvious that even he couldn’t stand being here. And it was still almost a full year from that point until he got fired.

It’s not beyond the realm of possibilities that Manny learns on the job. Is that what I thought it would look like when he was hired? No. Is it what I want? **** no. Is it likely? Probably not.

He’s clearly in over his head. And all of the evidence leads me to believe that he’ll remain the head coach until it’s cheap to replace him. So we’re left with two options for the next 3-4 years:

1. Root for him to improve so we don’t have to watch our team get thrashed by the ACC Coastal for four years; or

2. Watch this **** implode, and mope around like miserable *****.

Not that it effects the outcome in anyway, but I’m honestly teetering between the two, and will probably remain that way.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
You should support him because I dont think this program can take another failed coach. Manny ****ing me off real good right now but **** do I want him to succeed.

ok but you supporting him just keeps him here longer. he is a disaster of a hire, the least qualified of all time. supporting manny hurts this program. we need him one and done.

Advertisement
Whats incredible is I said nothing about supporting the program. I supported this program while manny was was attending school AT FSU.

By wanting Manny out, I am supporting Miami, bc this guy is the single worst coach we have ever hired and its not remotely close.

44 responses and not one reasonable manny supporter? instead im called a troll or a gator fan??? bc i dislike the horrible coach that is killing my Canes????

Folks here trash talking me love Manny more than they love UM. Who exactly is the troll here?

After 4 games you can unequivocally say Manny is the worst, based on what? Two games we could have easily won and one really poor performance against CMU. I give him three years as any program should do for a new coach.

After 4 games you can unequivocally say Manny is the worst, based on what? Two games we could have easily won and one really poor performance against CMU. I give him three years as any program should do for a new coach.

he inarguably has the worst resume of any coach we have hired in at least 50 years.

guy was like Al golden BEFORE al went to temple. single most horrendous hire of all time.

Advertisement
One of the worst coaching jobs i ever saw was Jimmy/Stevens against PSU in the 1986 Fiesta Bowl, no way that team should have even been close to us. Alonzo Highsmith was unstoppable, over 6 ypc, so what do we do, keep letting Vinny throw INT's. If we ran the ball 15 times more in that game we win 31-14. Coaches evolve. Manny's not Jimmy (although Jimmy likes the Manny hire) but i am willing, after suffering for a long time, to at least give him a couple of cycles.

Kirby Smart loss five games year 1 with a two point win against Nicolls state. Tom Herman loss six games year 1 at UT. Let’s just relax & don’t have a knee jerk reaction this early into the season. Rome wasn’t built in one day folks.

Kirby and Herman were both champion coordinators who came up under the two best coaches of the last 20 years. Manny Diaz is nothing remotely like those dudes, just stop.

Advertisement
Manny has great bloodlines. He's a Miami guy and just gets it! Bro, he grew up a Miami fan. I hear he's working on a bejeweled crown that our kicker is going to wear after he nails extra points. This aint your father's Miami bro.
(cough) but he actually went to Florida State

Diaz came from under the Bobby Bowden & Mack Brown coaching tree. I’m pretty sure he know what he’s doing. Let’s just relax & see how recruiting goes

Advertisement
Back