Why don't we run more?

We have a weak Offensive Line. You dont want to run behind a weak Offensive Line. If we spread out and spread the defense out, and then start passing effectively, it will open the run game. Its not gonna happen tho. Enos likes tightly packed formations. It literally exacerbates our weaknesses and handicaps our strengths.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We have a weak Offensive Line. You dont want to run behind a weak Offensive Line. If we spread out and spread the defense out, and then start passing effectively, it will open the run game. Its not gonna happen tho. Enos likes tightly packed formations. It literally exasperates our weaknesses and handicaps our strengths.

I keep preaching this notion to deaf ears. But Corch Eno's is UNDERMINING Miami Hurricane football! The guy isn't stupid and all that. So other than being too stubborn. Why doesn't he go spread more often?

The bottom line is I personally DON'T believe Enos is LOYAL to Miami. So hopefully he moves on and takes on another job after the season. That way Manny won't do what he should do.

Its a process

image2_22_35.jpg

Brock, that’s not good enough.

CMU lost to W. Mich and pushed Miami around.
UNC of the “We’re Wake’s ***** crew” pushed Miami around.
VT of the “we got destroyed by Duke” pushed Miami around.

at som wooing it’s the OL or the scheme and not the vaunted defenses of the previously named schools
Unc didn’t push Miami around, we ran and threw at will against them. I don’t have any qualms of what you said about the cmu and va tech games though.

Advertisement
I’m more concerned about our putrid Money Down conversion rate which is dead last among Power 5 teams. We are last on 3rd downs!

I really could care less if we pass 80% of time. Air it out if necesssry! Just convert and put points on the board.

Who are we going to run behind?

Who are we going to throw behind?

We need to pick our poison. Most young OL would rather run block than pass block. We have tremendous talent at RB that can get the ball with a simple handoff.

And I'm not saying to run more than we throw. I'm asking why we are one of the most pass-heavy teams in the nation when we can't pass block and don't have a proven QB.

Advertisement
Who are we going to run behind? These guys get no push and are slow of the line. They are constantly getting blown up and slow when pulling. We have throw to open up the run and we aren’t doing that well either

Agree with this. As bad as we've been in pass protection, it's actually been better than how they've been run blocking. Deejay might have a good average but it's not indicative of him getting solid yardage with every run. UVa was racking up those TFL's early in the game.

We need to pick our poison. Most young OL would rather run block than pass block. We have tremendous talent at RB that can get the ball with a simple handoff.

And I'm not saying to run more than we throw. I'm asking why we are one of the most pass-heavy teams in the nation when we can't pass block and don't have a proven QB.

OL seems more built to run block. Our interior OL seem to be better run blockers than pass blockers.

Should definitely run the football more and get more creative with the run calls. I was saying in the pre-season that I didn’t like many of enos inside run calls because they seemed to get stuffed at Arkansas. Even during their “good year”

His outside runs are designed pretty well though. I’d like to see some better play design than what he has shown so far between the tackles.

Why aren’t we...featuring Brevin Jordan more, why aren’t we getting the ball To our best athletes in space, why aren’t we playing with tempo, why aren’t we using more shifts and motions as was promised...

Why why why add rushing to list.

I know the point is start a dialogue. But man
What the **** is Enos getting 1m a year for when everyone else can see this but him?

I thought we were gonna have success this year by just throwing to Jordan and Mallory over and over and over again. It works so well when we do it but we go away from it so quickly. The formula to succeed with what we have is pretty obvious.

OL seems more built to run block. Our interior OL seem to be better run blockers than pass blockers.

Should definitely run the football more and get more creative with the run calls. I was saying in the pre-season that I didn’t like many of enos inside run calls because they seemed to get stuffed at Arkansas. Even during their “good year”

His outside runs are designed pretty well though. I’d like to see some better play design than what he has shown so far between the tackles.

:monkey-serious:

Advertisement
Brevin has more yards than any TE in the country - what more do you want?

Other than that, yes, there are a lot of concerns. I can't figure out why we keep going pass, pass, pass on the goal line.
I felt Like we went run, run, run on the goal line in the early games and were stuffed. We still don’t throw in the endzone nearly enough

Advertisement
Virtually every time you run the football in 2019, it’s a net negative. We should actually be throwing more than we already do. But it should be done intelligently, not out of bunch formations and on long developing play action passes. The last couple drives were the best of the night on Friday. Short passes that allow your athletes to make people miss (Hi, Mark Pope). And off that you run inside zone when you want, and take shots when you can. Deejay’s per carry average is great, I’ll bet the rushing success rate this year is not nearly as good.

First Down Splits
2019 : 39 rushes, 80 passes
2018 : 117 rushes, 89 passes

VT game was the most lopsided at 5 rushes and 19 passes for obvious reason.

11 FIRST DOWN PENALTIES

Advertisement
Back