Why don't we run more?

This I agree with. We have no fullback and Mallory hasn’t developed as a blocker.

But there are plenty of other ways to run effectively with a back like Dallas.

I couldn’t agree more with that. Absolutely. But more effectively does not = more. I actually love the ratio, it tells me Enos is somewhat progressive and modern and smart. But the way he’s running the ball the majority of the time tells me otherwise.

We need to run the football more intelligently, not just more.

Advertisement
I actually love the ratio, it tells me Enos is somewhat progressive and modern and smart. But the way he’s running the ball the majority of the time tells me otherwise.

Kyle Shanahan is the hottest name in the NFL right now and he runs the ball more than anybody. Progressive doesn’t mean you throw more.

Our pass protection can’t sustain this ratio. We aren’t scoring points and sacks are killing us.

I couldn’t agree more with that. Absolutely. But more effectively does not = more. I actually love the ratio, it tells me Enos is somewhat progressive and modern and smart. But the way he’s running the ball the majority of the time tells me otherwise.

We need to run the football more intelligently, not just more.

The outside zone and power plays from under center never get anywhere.

The inside zone is where it is at for this offense. That’s the play DJ took to the house like a beast vs v tech.

We ran it more than anything else under Richt. It should be the staple run play of the offense.

There are holes underneath the defensive ends who attack so hard upfield. Running hard underneath them without delay will slow down the pass rush, especially if we stop taking sacks from playaction, help Zion with Brevin and stay out of passing downs.

We get our best push when the down and distance allow us to throw or run. We do get stuffed in short yardage, but I don’t like the design of many of those plays for our personnel.

Advertisement
Back