Why don't we run more?

Why aren’t we...featuring Brevin Jordan more, why aren’t we getting the ball To our best athletes in space, why aren’t we playing with tempo, why aren’t we using more shifts and motions as was promised...

Why why why add rushing to list.

I know the point is start a dialogue. But man
What the **** is Enos getting 1m a year for when everyone else can see this but him?
Brevin has more yards than any TE in the country - what more do you want?

Other than that, yes, there are a lot of concerns. I can't figure out why we keep going pass, pass, pass on the goal line.

Advertisement
1. Teams are loading the box and forcing us to pass the ball. They are blitzing to make us pass fast or risk sacks for longer passes.
2. We aren't hitting on many long passes.
3. Our 12 set has one bad blocker at TE every time and the other isn't great.

I'd like to see us spread Mallory/Jordan out wide with WRs and run out of the gun more. Force the D to cover all 4 WR/TE in coverage and stop the run with just the DL/MLB.

I completely agree with your second point. All the big talk Enos did before the season lead me to believe this offense would be able to utilize personnel mismatches in it’s shifts and motions. It’s not exactly rocket science to trot out 2 athletic tight ends and then split them out and see what the defense does. At some point there is an obvious favorable pre-snap matchup in the passing game or running game. Let the quarterback see the field and have an option open in space.

Miami is only rushing the ball 43.5% of the time. That's 115th in the country. Conversely, we are 16th in the nation in passing play percentage (56.5%).

Why are we passing so much? We know our offensive line has pass protection issues. Any offensive line would rather run block. Why not put them in a position to do what they do best?

Some would argue that we are not rushing the ball effectively (111th in yards per attempt). But that stat is useless because it includes sacks. Our lead tailback, Deejay Dallas, is rushing at an outstanding 6.7 yards per carry. Camron Harris hasn't gotten going but has had several game-changing yards called back. Why not give them more chances to make big plays?

I’ve been saying this since the FLORIDA game - game 1 - but the holiar than though fans attacked that idea because it shined a negatively light on Enos. Dude abandons the run quickly, and that’s amongst a host of other issues to numerous to write about.

Been preaching the truth about Enos since game 1, and never liked the hire in the first place, but now folks are coming around to voice what was obvious from jumpstreet. You saw major flaws in his playcalling.

If you reverse our run-pass ratio, I can virtually guarantee Dallas isn't going to average 6.7 ypc anymore.

What makes anyone think we will run well consistently?

We don’t need to reverse our run-pass ratio. We need to get it more in balance and in line with the rest of the country.

We have one of the better backs in the country, and a young OL who would rather run block than pass block. I can’t see a reason the ratio is so out of whack.

Advertisement
Brevin has more yards than any TE in the country - what more do you want?

Other than that, yes, there are a lot of concerns. I can't figure out why we keep going pass, pass, pass on the goal line.

We went 90% of the game last week not moving the ball. I want to see us using our weapons and putting more pressure on the defense to stop them.

Who are we going to run behind? These guys get no push and are slow of the line. They are constantly getting blown up and slow when pulling. We have throw to open up the run and we aren’t doing that well either

There's your answer. Absolutely the worst pulling OL I've ever seen here. When they get out in space, they miss everything.

DJ has been doing well, but his second half is much better than the first for sure. Probably has to do with us trailing as often as not and the defense not being fresh.

Our oline has been physically manhandled in run blocking the last 3 games which ironically didn’t happen in the first 3 games.

-30 something rushes with only 53 yards to show for it vs cmu

- couldn’t run vs va tech like that because we were so behind.

-with uva we wasn’t getting push like that until late but there were 2 good runs in the first half for Dallas.

A lot of that has to do with opposing DC's having the book and tendencies on CORCH enos. Thankfully the defense finally WOKE UP against a staunch Virginia team. Otherwise, it's another lost!

Advertisement
Why aren’t we...featuring Brevin Jordan more, why aren’t we getting the ball To our best athletes in space, why aren’t we playing with tempo, why aren’t we using more shifts and motions as was promised...

Why why why add rushing to list.

I know the point is start a dialogue. But man
What the **** is Enos getting 1m a year for when everyone else can see this but him?

If Manny is for real. Then Enos and Berry should be ousted from the program following the season. Eno's has been PLAYING everybody all season long. The guy knew the Hurricanes were questionable along the line since spring ball and hasn't play called to assist the line.

A lot of that has to do with opposing DC's having the book and tendencies on CORCH enos. Thankfully the defense finally WOKE UP against a staunch Virginia team. Otherwise, it's another lost!
There have been some Hard coaches we have went against too so far offensively. Someone mentioned it earlier But
Todd grantham game 1

Unc Bateman game 2(they were shutting down Clemson offensively)

Bud foster game 5

Bronco mendemhall D game 6
Is not exactly an easily slate to go against with an overall young oline/qb. Imo we should see even better results in the coming games but we will see.

Advertisement
But our Oline play is still horrendous. The guys will double team a guy while letting another one run free. I dont know if its players or coaching or just a combination. But until that gets fixed, nothing we do will work.

I'd say it's mostly because if there's a hole on the offensive line it was opened by the defense.

Advertisement
I completely agree with your second point. All the big talk Enos did before the season lead me to believe this offense would be able to utilize personnel mismatches in it’s shifts and motions. It’s not exactly rocket science to trot out 2 athletic tight ends and then split them out and see what the defense does. At some point there is an obvious favorable pre-snap matchup in the passing game or running game. Let the quarterback see the field and have an option open in space.
Pat..........Enos is grossly underestimating the effectiveness of two talented T/E's........we need to pound plays that will make the D adjust, and utilize their talents on O......one or two games, great, but that should be a huge part of our game.

There have been some Hard coaches we have went against too so far offensively. Someone mentioned it earlier But
Todd grantham game 1

Unc Bateman game 2(they were shutting down Clemson offensively)

Bud foster game 5

Bronco mendemhall D game 6
Is not exactly an easily slate to go against with an overall young oline. Imo we should see even better results in the coming games but we will see.

I don't know about that, because Pittsburgh is generally good on defense. Also, Duke is decent on defense. And both of those games will be on the road. OUCH. Louisville and FSU will games where the offenses rule.

Oh. Virginia is NO. 11 in total team defense. So perhaps Miami fan can lay off Perry a bit. And perhaps we should give CORCH E a " pass. "

Because playcalling is an art and we treat it like it's paint by number.

When we find something that works, we check that box and attempt other things we'd like to work, but don't.

Oh, but don't worry: we'll come back to what previously worked later - when the defense most expects it because we're desperate.

ive been screaming this since UF, its because Enis is a take what they give you guy to a fault, sometimes you have to impose your will..VT was the ultimate example where we came out passing every down because that's what foster dictated.. its time to stop being dictated to especially in games where you have superior talne (90% of our games), running the ball is an attitude not a scheme

also, Florida's oline was supposed to be trash like ours what has saved them? spreading the defense out

and save me the weak oline **** deejay avg 6.7 yards a pop

Advertisement
Back