Why don't we have depth at RB?

Penos slow, boring, no tempo offense is only capable of 25 passing attempts and 20 rushes a game. There quite literally is not enough snaps or 1st downs to go around to even warrant playing more than 1 back.

Also to the "Lingard is redshirting" crowd - is there any actual proof that Lingard is hurt (people who view practice etc). I know Manny passingly stated something about Lingard not feeling 100% in a presser, but both Lingard and Lingard sr. have publicly stated on twitter/facebook that he is completely healthy.

With all the lies and bullshīt spewed in pressers, it's hard to really trust anything the staff says publicly.

Advertisement
Dj Williams just ran for 11 carries for 130 yds against LSU. The kids uncle and football coach played at Miami.

He had every opportunity to commit to the U if he wanted to .... he chose Auburn anyway.

Penos slow, boring, no tempo offense is only capable of 25 passing attempts and 20 rushes a game. There quite literally is not enough snaps or 1st downs to go around to even warrant playing more than 1 back.

Also to the "Lingard is redshirting" crowd - is there any actual proof that Lingard is hurt (people who view practice etc). I know Manny passingly stated something about Lingard not feeling 100% in a presser, but both Lingard and Lingard sr. have publicly stated on twitter/facebook that he is completely healthy.

With all the lies and bullshīt spewed in pressers, it's hard to really trust anything the staff says publicly.

lol linguard told manny hes not 100 percent AFTER getting snaps in a game. the posts were from before he actually played nd told manny he wasnt right

I have to guess that Lingard is either still not 100% or is just not as good as advertised. He'd be gone by now if he planned on leaving IMO. Why stick around for a redshirt year when you're gonna have to sit out if you transfer? Or do you think he's gonna transfer to a non-D1 program?

Advertisement
Must of skipped over the part where I said it doesn't matter with Enos as our OC because he only likes to play 1 back most of the game anyway, which means the other backs don't play.

The point being, having multiple good backs is not "too much" depth for any other team other than ours because we're one of the rare teams in P5 football that only likes to play 1 back. Even run heavy teams like Wisconsin & BC play more than 1 guy, even with their RB usually being the star of the team & the entirety of their offenses.

And yes I do feel bad for the kid because at better program under a better OC he would play as a TF regardless of who's in front him, RB is not position that requires a redshirt year, especially if the player is as talented as Chaney.
We’ve been playing cam and Deejay both all year..Both literally have 73 attempts on the year....you can’t be just making up **** in 2019 bro..info is only a click away🤣

Based on the predication of the OC, it's determined by the game plan in practice throughout the week.

Hickson doesn't determine which RB gets which carries, that's all Enos based on the package we're running from each specific play call.
no the position coaches always determine who gets in the rotation during a game...since they work on the actual position hands on..but OC is responsible for certain packages that might feature a certain player..but through the flow of the game a position coach has full control over their subs 100% ..cam has gotten plenty of snaps but just because your In doesn’t mean the ball is coming your way...same thing happened with Hightower. Do when U get in u gotta make plays or at least stand out on film...last week Burns got in a couple times but only one time was a run play called..and lastly Deejay has been out one full game..and he and Cam have the equal amount of carries

Last edited:
They’re all standing on the sidelines as Deejay and now Cam take telegraphed dive after dive.

I don’t think Lingard transfers, he’d effectively be sitting out 3 years and he’s in line for a lot of PT next year. He just needs to heal up and be 100% going into spring ball

Advertisement
Lingard is healthy & has been ready to play. You believe that bullsh*t Manny fed you if you want to. LMAO

Our depth at RB is fine. We're probably deeper at RB than any other position.

I don't think Lingard transfers - but I am worried about it. He didn't seem to be on the same page as the coaches judging by the few comments in the media.

Sitting out another year by transferring wouldn't seem to make sense - but the NCAA is much more lenient with that recently. I still don't quite get why Tate Martell and Justin Fields didn't have to sit a year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
6083A4F0-C102-45E8-BC67-3B56423004EB.jpeg
B02C2996-5B02-47A0-A620-B7961ACDED43.png

One thing Butch did was load us up with RB's, this is the U...we should have at least 3 quality RB's. Burns, 1 carry? Is Burns that bad? Dee Jay goes down and we have one RB? I wish we had gotten Feaster off the portal, he is the best RB on South Carolina. 4 on the roster and 2 injured, sad!

5 I forgot Murphy.
This is just wishful thinking. You're not getting a quality RB to transfer in a be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart.

We have 4 quality backs. Two of them happen to be injured. No team is going to have more than 4 quality backs. You're lucky if you have two. What does Wisconson, BC, Clemson, OSU or anyone else have for their 3rd and 4th string? What do they have beyond that?

It is what it is.Hopefully Dallas is back this week.

Our depth at RB is fine. We're probably deeper at RB than any other position.

I don't think Lingard transfers - but I am worried about it. He didn't seem to be on the same page as the coaches judging by the few comments in the media.

Sitting out another year by transferring wouldn't seem to make sense - but the NCAA is much more lenient with that recently. I still don't quite get why Tate Martell and Justin Fields didn't have to sit a year.
I believe Manny commented that Lingard came to him after his family posted on social media. Basically Lingard said that he wasn't 100% and agreed redshirting was the best thing to do.

Advertisement
I believe Manny commented that Lingard came to him after his family posted on social media. Basically Lingard said that he wasn't 100% and agreed redshirting was the best thing to do.
This is going to get ugly. That’s screenshot I just posted is his dad (or uncle) on a Facebook post from this morning. It looks like he basically called manny a liar....

Yeah, that's what I was hoping was the case. That it had been resolved. But these Shawn Lingard posts are kind of confirming what I'm worried about.

Lingard's injury has just been so weird. They were never clear on the whole was it an MCL or ACL thing. They've never been clear on if he's 100% or not. Just feels like a where there's smoke there's fire situation.

THANK YOU for bringing this up. Dallas was force placed to this position due to lack of depth. He came in as a athlete, but started w the WRs.

This where the depth at RB vs. a coaches trust/preference in certain RB's becomes a gray area IMO.

In 2017 Richt played Walton almost exclusively over Homer. Then Walton gets hurt and Homer gets all the carries while Deejay switched to RB and picked up the position. But we did have Choc the whole time - they just choose not to ever use him. I feel like Burns is getting the Choc treatment.

I mean - Gus Edwards already has more carries in the NFL than he did at Miami.

It's not necessarily a talent thing. There's just only so many carries, and coaches have their preferences.

Advertisement
Back