Why don't we have depth at RB?

Advertisement
Advertisement
One thing Butch did was load us up with RB's, this is the U...we should have at least 3 quality RB's. Burns, 1 carry? Is Burns that bad? Dee Jay goes down and we have one RB? I wish we had gotten Feaster off the portal, he is the best RB on South Carolina. 4 on the roster and 2 injured, sad!

5 I forgot Murphy.
We have solid players, just not sure fire first round picks like etienne. Next years depth should be better with lo, cam and Chaney

Lorenzo Lingard HAS to be injured to not crack this 3 deep. When I saw Cam'ron leave the field, LL was the likely candidate. So I guess LL's dad was a TAD premature demanding more communication about LL's status?
Sat next to someone in the know Sat and I can tell you Lingard is not hurt. Did not probe further -that is what I was told.

Advertisement
One thing Butch did was load us up with RB's, this is the U...we should have at least 3 quality RB's. Burns, 1 carry? Is Burns that bad? Dee Jay goes down and we have one RB? I wish we had gotten Feaster off the portal, he is the best RB on South Carolina. 4 on the roster and 2 injured, sad!

5 I forgot Murphy.

We do have depth at running back.
Robert Burns is a STUD and will show it if he’s ever given a real opportunity.

For whatever reason the decision maker on this issue plays the lead running back an overwhelming majority of the time. I haven’t fully dissected it but it seems like the same thing was done when Dallas was healthy and Harris didn’t get many carries.

This staph is so bad. If Burns gets some workload he would be the clear cut guy. He has all world ability.

5 I forgot Murphy.
The bigger question is why the RBs haven’t caught more balls. I had really high hopes going into the year, it’s unacceptable, both DJ and Cam are good passcatchers

Advertisement
Misses in recruiting is why.

Missing on DJ Willams (Edgerrin James's nephew) & Mark-Antony Richards were big misses from a depth & upside standpoint.

But with Enos as the OC it doesn't matter, he really only likes to play just 1 back most of the game anyway, he wasn't even playing Cam that much until he had no choice due to injury.

Who I feel bad for is Don Chaney Jr, there's a good chance Deejay comes back for his Senior year & if Lo decides stay he'll be back next year as well, plus with Cam Harris & Burns no way that kid sees the field next year.

I liked that kid from cardinal gibbons last year I think he signed with Pitt he would have been a nice back to have on the shelf, even if he would have redshirted
It’s always nice options like that kid Dj Williams who was a 3 star

Advertisement

Missing on DJ Willams (Edgerrin James's nephew) & Mark-Antony Richards were big misses from a depth & upside standpoint.

But with Enos as the OC it doesn't matter, he really only likes to play just 1 back most of the game anyway, he wasn't even playing Cam that much until he had no choice due to injury.

Who I feel bad for is Don Chaney Jr, there's a good chance Deejay comes back for his Senior year & if Lo decides stay he'll be back next year as well, plus with Cam Harris & Burns no way that kid sees the field next year.

we don't have any depth because of recruiting misses... but you feel bad for the incoming 5 star because next year we'll have too much depth for him to see the field. got it.

i do think bringing in only chaney is a bad idea though. lingard, zamir white, trey sanders all recent 5 star backs to get hurt before/early in their first seasons. can't just assume chaney will be there.

we don't have any depth because of recruiting misses... but you feel bad for the incoming 5 star because next year we'll have too much depth for him to see the field. got it.
Must of skipped over the part where I said it doesn't matter with Enos as our OC because he only likes to play 1 back most of the game anyway, which means the other backs don't play.

The point being, having multiple good backs is not "too much" depth for any other team other than ours because we're one of the rare teams in P5 football that only likes to play 1 back. Even run heavy teams like Wisconsin & BC play more than 1 guy, even with their RB usually being the star of the team & the entirety of their offenses.

And yes I do feel bad for the kid because at better program under a better OC he would play as a TF regardless of who's in front him, RB is not position that requires a redshirt year, especially if the player is as talented as Chaney.

I thought it was basically for certain that Dallas was gone after this year? Has that changed since the season started?

Advertisement
Back