Why don't we have depth at RB?

Advertisement
Must of skipped over the part where I said it doesn't matter with Enos as our OC because he only likes to play 1 back most of the game anyway, which means the other backs don't play.

The point being, having multiple good backs is not "too much" depth for any other team other than ours because we're one of the rare teams in P5 football that only likes to play 1 back. Even run heavy teams like Wisconsin & BC play more than 1 guy, even with their RB usually being the star of the team & the entirety of their offenses.

And yes I do feel bad for the kid because at better program under a better OC he would play as a TF regardless of who's in front him, RB is not position that requires a redshirt year, especially if the player is as talented as Chaney.

ok but if a 5 star freshman can't see the field then we don't have a depth problem

Advertisement
get chaney, parrish, and some 5'8 160 lb pound speed demon from south florida noone's recruiting

You think we get Chaney & Parrish? Or either/or situation. Agree with you on picking up a local kid who is willing to work without all the * by his name.

Advertisement
Why do you need running back depth when you barely run the ball? Even when Dallas healthy, he never got over 15 carries, Cam was only getting 3-5 carries at the most, and Burns got nothing. Now with Dallas out we just gonna run less. So it doesnt matter, we could be 5 deep but if you dont run the ball what's the point.

Asa Martin - left after spring
Lingard - redshirt after not feeling 100%
Homer- left early for NFL
Dallas- injuried
Cam - playing well
Burns- bubble wrapped
Aktins- took a ship but I believe he didn't take a counter as it was after two years as a walk-on.

Advertisement
Misses in recruiting is why.

Missing on DJ Willams (Edgerrin James's nephew) & Mark-Antony Richards were big misses from a depth & upside standpoint.

But with Enos as the OC it doesn't matter, he really only likes to play just 1 back most of the game anyway, he wasn't even playing Cam that much until he had no choice due to injury.

Who I feel bad for is Don Chaney Jr, there's a good chance Deejay comes back for his Senior year & if Lo decides stay he'll be back next year as well, plus with Cam Harris & Burns no way that kid sees the field next year.
You know better el. Position coaches rotate players in and out

You know better el. Position coaches rotate players in and out
Based on the predication of the OC, it's determined by the game plan in practice throughout the week.

Hickson doesn't determine which RB gets which carries, that's all Enos based on the package we're running from each specific play call.

Advertisement
Based on the predication of the OC, it's determined by the game plan in practice throughout the week.

Hickson doesn't determine which RB gets which carries, that's all Enos based on the package we're running from each specific play call.
I think we are both correct. Yes pre game planning determines playing time but during the game it’s on position coaches to rotate guys based on adjustments and how the game is going.

We could be game planning to use multiple RBs during the week, but completely abandoned that once our offense predictably goes to ****, or Hickson could be advocating to rotate but gets turned down by stubborn Enos, or he may be telling Enos the other RBs aren’t ready. Point being we don’t really know what’s going on. Remember, Dee’s gripe was with Dugans, then Stubblefield (and Cooney) for 7 not getting PT. The position coaches are also the ones giving their opinions on who should play during those game planning meetings.

I wish Homer had stayed for his senior year, now he rides the pine in Seattle and would be starting here.

64219582_2585997948077764_8890620549403770880_n.jpg

Advertisement
Back