Why does Tom Herman

And still can't win ****...

1574287705209.png

Advertisement
Their schemes on both sides are awful. Their passing game is right out of Richt's playbook. Their 3 man front on defense is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen and they have routine breakdowns in coverage. Herman is a huge fraud.
Herman can recruit. But I agree that his schemes for big boy football are maybe not the best. He might need a more explosive quarterback like Lamar Jackson to make it elite. That constant QB power ain’t it. Todd Orlando is also less than impressive

Your the one who follow them I dont, I dont know anything about there recruiting I follow Miami only I couldn't tell you **** about Texas

We know, bro. You are 100% all about that Cane lyfe. You aren't scared, fazed, or impressed by any other team in college football. The only thing that matters is this U, and you don't care what anyone says about any other team because the U is it. Everyone else is irrelevant. Our recruiting class is better and those rankings don't matter. Nothing matters but this U. We get it, guy.

So based on the responses to the OP, it seems like the general consensus is that more than just W/Ls goes into recruiting success? Regardless of what anyone thinks those things are, W/L record is just one of many factors? Therefore, “just win” is not a viable strategy to increase our recruiting success?

Am I summarizing this accurately? Because we see a dozen responses a day talking about we don’t win enough to recruit better. Which, based on these takes, is not the only factor in success. It doesn’t hurt, but it’s not THE reason for recruiting success. I just want our board to get to a more advanced place...

Advertisement
Here we go with the oil excuses....only Miami has to be undefeated to get a top five class. Everyone else doesn't have to win a single game and get all the recruits

UGA is spending 2.6 million on recruiting that’s crazy.
Even crazier seeing FSU pays 1.5. Id love to see our numbers related to this subject

Advertisement
In Texas they pay their kids to stay close to home, in South Fla you can't get paid unless you leave.

If Miami paid, more kids would stay home, we don't so they don't.

No college pays.

Their fans do.

We don’t have those fans.

We also haven’t recruited that well aside from the money.

get to diarrhea himself his 3rd year and still recruit a top 5 class
I live in Austin and the circumstances are a bit different, even though the record is the same as Miami's. And what is different is injuries. Texas has suffered an inordinate amount of injuries on defense as the season progressed, and it really started to catch up with the Longhorns after the OU game. They also entered the year with their entire HB corp out with injuries, and they used their second string quarterback at HB for several games.

So I think that while now dimmed, there is still a bit of optimism right now with the excuse of the high degree of injuries. That said, there is a bit of disguntled sentiment beginning to bubble below the surface within their fanbase. They're 6-4, but a 6-4 team that could easily end the regular season 7-5. Last year they were 6-4 after 10 games, but were on the ascent.

Advertisement
Herman can recruit. But I agree that his schemes for big boy football are maybe not the best. He might need a more explosive quarterback like Lamar Jackson to make it elite. That constant QB power ain’t it. Todd Orlando is also less than impressive

Todd Orlando was always the dark horse to Herman’s success. Houston had a meteoric rise, but I was never truly impressed w Todd. I wanted Herman, but Orlando had me a little meh. In a conference like the B12 where it’s run & shoot heaven, if the defense is not up to par, then it’s night, night. That also may be the down fall of Mr Riley. They can put up the points, but they give it up, too.

It’ll be an interesting off season for Mr Herman. Have some co-workers who are UT alum and they are a little frustrated w him, mainly due to Todd. May be another Golden/D’Onfrio situation.

Last edited:

Ehlinger is as good a runner as it gets besides Lamar Jackson. Herman doesn't scheme guys open besides your standard RPOs and bubble screens. Ehlinger is a 1-read see it throw it guy but he hits open receivers and takes off when the initial look isn't there. Herman will have a tough time upgrading that.

People try to come up with myriad reasons why Texas has been down and Miami fans do the same. The reality is both programs get outschemed consistently by other schools in their conference, although with Miami that is beginning to change in recent weeks.

We know, bro. You are 100% all about that Cane lyfe. You aren't scared, fazed, or impressed by any other team in college football. The only thing that matters is this U, and you don't care what anyone says about any other team because the U is it. Everyone else is irrelevant. Our recruiting class is better and those rankings don't matter. Nothing matters but this U. We get it, guy.
I can’t tell if you’re insulting him or complimenting him

Advertisement
You of all people are implying that oil bag money is an excuse?
Just pay the **** kids we recruit is my gripe....people say win and they will come that's B's u can't win if u missing on elite targets. Expect 4-5 loss seasons on a regular cause that's what's been happening

get to diarrhea himself his 3rd year and still recruit a top 5 class

Because his whole defense was injured from about games 3 through 8...And 3 of those losses were by 7 or less to 3 of the 12 best teams, including a top 3 and top 7 team. Other was a by a respectable 10 at TCU who is a top 30 team...Big 12 is a lot stronger this year than we've seen the past deacde

For instance, he isn't losing to GT (barely a top 100 team) at home, and beating CMU by (outside the top 100) by 5 at home.

Pretty clear to me?

In texas they encourage you to stay close to home. In South FL they encourage you to get the most $

In Texas you get both. Texas and Texas A&M trade spots depending on the year for most profitable programs. They absolutely crush every other program in terms of revenue and profit.

Advertisement
Back