Why does Tom Herman

Advertisement
LOL!! Even people without a brain could just look up the kids in that class and who they were recruited by lmao.
I think 24/7 tells u the main recruiter for each guy. It was like Coach Kul he didn't recruit those studs at Mizzo it's why he was lazy on the trail. He never got Sheldon Richardson like we thought......he got his *** fired at bama because he doesn't recruit...and everyone said he was a DL whisperer.....whisper my *** Saban got rid of him cause he couldn't recruit period

Just pay the **** kids we recruit is my gripe....people say win and they will come that's B's u can't win if u missing on elite targets. Expect 4-5 loss seasons on a regular cause that's what's been happening
I agree with that, but we apparently don’t have those type of fans that want to pay the kids to stay home.

I think 24/7 tells u the main recruiter for each guy. It was like Coach Kul he didn't recruit those studs at Mizzo it's why he was lazy on the trail. He never got Sheldon Richardson like we thought......he got his *** fired at bama because he doesn't recruit...and everyone said he was a DL whisperer.....whisper my *** Saban got rid of him cause he couldn't recruit period

Yup, 247 tells you. That is why its funny they just don't want to admit it. Exactly, dude was overrated as ****. Jimmy Johnson always said you need to be able to recruit to be a CFB coach. This isn't the NFL where Xs and Os mean the most.

Yup, 247 tells you. That is why its funny they just don't want to admit it. Exactly, dude was overrated as ****. Jimmy Johnson always said you need to be able to recruit to be a CFB coach. This isn't the NFL where Xs and Os mean the most.
Jimmy J and even Bobby Bowden says it.....it's how u win big in college. U want national championships? U need elite players......Bowden saaid Butch was a beast he said once Butch got to a kid u couldn't steal him they were locked in.

Advertisement
We need a HC that's elite at identifying elite kids even if there star rating is low and a guy that locks in on that prospect and signing them. He also has to be a master at putting an elite staff that recruits elite as well. Those low star rating guys will get boosted through the coaches pedigree as it gets built up. It's like when Saban offers a two star.... obviously the kid isn't a two star in sabans eyes and people trust him so that kid becomes a four star with camps as well and other factors.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ehlinger is as good a runner as it gets besides Lamar Jackson. Herman doesn't scheme guys open besides your standard RPOs and bubble screens. Ehlinger is a 1-read see it throw it guy but he hits open receivers and takes off when the initial look isn't there. Herman will have a tough time upgrading that.

People try to come up with myriad reasons why Texas has been down and Miami fans do the same. The reality is both programs get outschemed consistently by other schools in their conference, although with Miami that is beginning to change in recent weeks.
True. Texas was really good under Mack Brown only when they had a superlative quarterback (Vince Young, Colt McCoy). They weren’t going to outscheme or outinnovate their opponents. I remember how disgruntled the fan base was with Mack prior to the 2004 season, when they had been using Chris Simms and Chance Mock at QB. Yes, Texas was getting 10 win seasons off of a annual cream puff schedule, but they were getting obliterated in their annual rivalry game with OU. If Vince was not at Texas, Mack might have been out by 2006.

Advertisement
Because he isn't a scrub on the trail.

Its not "BeCuRz itz Texus" like all these porsters are saying. Manny was not able to recruit at a high level when he was at Texas.
The program itself was tired. They were used to having only OU to compete with, and that changed after the 2009 game with Alabama. There was increased penetration by LSU. Meanwhile Baylor had become a legitimate program in the early part of the decade and Briles was starting to peel away Texas recruits.

It was so easy for Mack Brown in his first decade. No legitimate Big 12 competition outside of OU. He would have his Junior Day each year and virtually his entire signing class for next year’s NSD committed that weekend. Next year’s class (with the exception of Ryan Perriloux) was locked up ten months in advance, with almost no additions or subtractions. Texas had it easy for so long, I’m not sure if Mack’s regime knew how to adjust in the early 2010s when it suddenly became competitive.

Texas are an absolute car crash.

As much as I bag on Blake James, identifying a good HC is clearly a very difficult job. Everyone thought Herman would be a star and they're currently getting run off the field by Baylor.

Advertisement
Back