Why do the majority on this board continue to live in a fantasy land?

Advertisement
With post like

Biggest Win since 2001
The Perfect Storm
So Are we Going to Roll
etc, etc, etc.

Alabama is the defending national champs and have had the number 1 recruiting classes for the last 5 years
Alabama is favored by 18.5 points.

Why do you create an expectation that comes from Fantasy Land? Keep it real. IMO, If we keep it to 2 TDs then we have exceeded expectations and build momemtun for the future when we play the ACC.

I'll bet you're a lot of fun at parties.

Ignore everything Miami and just look at the Bama facts.

1. Atlanta is almost a home game. They likely have 2/3 of the seats if not 3/4.
2. Saban has ZERO non-SEC losses in the regular seasons since his first season when he lost to La Tech or some other La school.
3. They pay them which is why 3 of 4 DBs are from South Florida!
4. They haven't lost since Jan 7, 2019.

I could list a ton of reasons why Miami can play well.

With post like

Biggest Win since 2001
The Perfect Storm
So Are we Going to Roll
etc, etc, etc.

Alabama is the defending national champs and have had the number 1 recruiting classes for the last 5 years

Why do you create an expectation that comes from Fantasy Land? Keep it real. IMO, If we keep it to 2 TDs then we have exceeded expectations and build momemtun for the future when we play the ACC.
Was your grandfather in the French infantry, circa 1940? Asking for a friend.

Advertisement
With post like

Biggest Win since 2001
The Perfect Storm
So Are we Going to Roll
etc, etc, etc.

My question is why would you post something like this as a fan , why on the eve of a monster game for all Cane fans choose steal our hopes from your fellow Canes.

These kids come the U to play in games like this , my friend in the early years of our formation we went to place like PSU , MSU and played in bowl game we were to be torn apart and WON.

I’m figuring your a fairly new fan that doesn’t fully understand the depth of Cane history.and the fire that burns in many hearts here including mine .

I’m not judging because I know the feeling of being judge unfairly just try to understand this post .

I believe your passionate but the pressure as this game is a little more than 24 hours away.

Don’t let anyone steal your Cane passion, we’re all excited and BELIEVE we can win this game no matter the odds .

Whether it’s a dark alley our under the lights we’re showing up to ROLL every opponent it’s a Cane thing most people don’t understand.

We invite you to join us in our PASSION to take on the immovable object and hit it with all we got till it cracks.

You’ll be ok , enjoy the ride 🙌🙌🙌

GOCANES

Advertisement
With post like

Biggest Win since 2001
The Perfect Storm
So Are we Going to Roll
etc, etc, etc.

Some people are just addicted to Kool-Aid haha. I think the same thing as you.

I think a moral win for this program would be us looking like we belong. Competing. Taking the hunger from the loss and turning it into an undefeated rest of the season that leads us to a big bowl game/bowl game win/playoffs/etc. Build the momentum for the season, but also build the momentum for the upcoming seasons as well. Build momentum in recruiting into a top 10 class, etc, etc.

If some people want to be optimistic, even though it is not very likely, more power to them.

I’m in the not likely frame of mind, so an upset will be a shock to me to be honest, but I do think that this team, more than any of the other teams we’ve had in the last six or seven years, is more capable of an upset against this Alabama team. While the chance of this upset may not be great, it’s better I think than any of our more recent teams. That’s about what I’m hanging my hope on. Small as it is.

Some people are just addicted to Kool-Aid haha. I think the same thing as you.

I think a moral win for this program would be us looking like we belong. Competing. Taking the hunger from the loss and turning it into an undefeated rest of the season that leads us to a big bowl game/bowl game win/playoffs/etc. Build the momentum for the season, but also build the momentum for the upcoming seasons as well. Build momentum in recruiting into a top 10 class, etc, etc.

Here's the deal. The fan mentality should be as if you were about to throw hands with a dude you knew was likely to whoop your *** but you got zero choice but to fight.

You don't step out for that fight hedging the outcome, trying to be realistic with the opponent and observers. Not if you want to try and win.

Inwardly you got all the self doubt and anxiety you should have but outwardly you got your chest puffed up, head and hands high, and your're gonna give it your all and try to whoop this mfer... until you aren't.

Advertisement
Because ************, somebody has to beat them. I'm sure some pessimistic Buckeye fans were posting the same **** before the National title game against and you see how that turned out. The juggernaut doesn't always win. This is our team and we will ride for them until the end. **** outta here with all that defeatist “but but daddy it's ‘Bama, they're scary” sniveling baby bull****. That's some ***** talk. Just keeping it real!

Because cause crazier things have happened and until the game is over, there is a chance, at small as it is.

Advertisement
Have you never heard of “Any Given Sunday”? I mean, that’s the great thing about sports. No matter what it says on paper, the teams have to show up and they have to actually play the game. Upsets happen, literally, every single week of sports. It’s not a best of 5 or a best of seven match up. And it’s not talking about running the table all season. It’s one game, versus one team, and it’s to start the season against a team that has to replace a lot of starters with no tune up game to work things out.

Why are so many people afraid of having high expectations? Are you really that incapable of handling a let down? It’s just weird to me that so many grown adults need to shelter themselves from disappointment by claiming to be “realistic” and feeling the need to try to stop others from being excited or optimistic.

Because ************, somebody has to beat them. I'm sure some pessimistic Buckeye fans were posting the same **** before the National title game against and you see how that turned out. The juggernaut doesn't always win. This is our team and we will ride for them until the end. **** outta here with all that defeatist “but but daddy it's ‘Bama, they're scary” sniveling baby bull****. That's some ***** talk. Just keeping it real!

I like this.

If some people want to be optimistic, even though it is not very likely, more power to them.

I’m in the not likely frame of mind, so an upset will be a shock to me to be honest, but I do think that this team, more than any of the other teams we’ve had in the last six or seven years, is more capable of an upset against this Alabama team. While the chance of this upset may not be great, it’s better I think than any of our more recent teams. That’s about what I’m hanging my hope on. Small as it is.
This is the example right here , of expressing how you feel plus being respectful of fellow Cane fans ( like me) whom get very passionate and recognize it is possible we can win this that’s why we play .

This post makes total sense and I know a fire burns in OCCC , I hear him loud and clear he also believes we can win this game .

GOCANES

We have stupid fans. We’ve always had stupid fans. The 2021 Canes are not hard to figure out. We’ll be very good on offense and just blah on D. All of that leads to 9-3. It is what it is

Advertisement
Back