Why do the majority on this board continue to live in a fantasy land?

Advertisement
jon stewart middle finger GIF

Advertisement
Maybe you should give your “keep it real” speech to our team before kickoff tomorrow… Seriously, in a world where Temple can beat Miami, plants can eat animals, and the sky can continuously fall but maintain its altitude… you have trouble believing that Hurricanes can overcome the Tide? 🧐

With post like

Biggest Win since 2001
The Perfect Storm
So Are we Going to Roll
etc, etc, etc.

Alabama is the defending national champs and have had the number 1 recruiting classes for the last 5 years
Alabama is favored by 18.5 points.

Why do you create an expectation that comes from Fantasy Land? Keep it real. IMO, If we keep it to 2 TDs then we have exceeded expectations and build momemtun for the future when we play the ACC.
download.jpeg

Advertisement
Why do you create an expectation that comes from Fantasy Land?

I've watched the patterns here long enough to know that some are actually setting it up strategically so that the anticipated bad result will pave the way for the glorious hissyfits they will throw afterward when their unrealistic expectations aren't met. They will rage that the coaches are trash and that we need to burn it all down and start over - throwing away all the positive culture changes, better recruiting and program momentum we have all because their golden goose hasn't been delivered RIGHT NOW.

Of course if we actually do much better than expected, they will no doubt show some loud positivity. A little like the benched QB who's just watched the backup throw for 5 TDs / 450 yds and pull the big upset. "You go Manny! Great game plan! ... clap clap. ... of course UNC is the only game that really matters...."

Even if we were to somehow beat em, I still wouldn’t think we’re the best team in the land.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I completely agree OP. I’ve been trying to preach that for a few weeks now.

However, I just arrived in the ATL and I’m completely ready to fight Alabama fans. My right hand is about to be flying. Teeth will shatter.
Someone find IAmJJ’sB and get these two together. Hit record.

Advertisement
Back