Why do the majority on this board continue to live in a fantasy land?

We have stupid fans. We’ve always had stupid fans. The 2021 Canes are not hard to figure out. We’ll be very good on offense and just blah on D. All of that leads to 9-3. It is what it is

To be fair, almost every fan of every team I’ve ever met has been stupid. Most people are stupid. Just look around in this country

Advertisement
To be fair, almost every fan of every team I’ve ever met has been stupid. Most people are stupid. Just look around in this country
The Office Nbc GIF

Because most people on this board would rather have faith in the team that they root for, but if you wanna be a tailtucked pvssy about BiG bAd AlAbAmA....by all means, express that 1st ammendment right.

Advertisement
Because ************, somebody has to beat them. I'm sure some pessimistic Buckeye fans were posting the same **** before the National title game against and you see how that turned out. The juggernaut doesn't always win. This is our team and we will ride for them until the end. **** outta here with all that defeatist “but but daddy it's ‘Bama, they're scary” sniveling baby bull****. That's some ***** talk. Just keeping it real!
Great point!

I like the pick but If he was using Gematria for Saturday 9/4, he would know the final score must sum to 13.
Thus the most likely over/under outcome based on Jesuit ritual is either 67, 58 or 49.

Therefore, the most favorable score will be 30-28 Canes due to the Templars (wearing red & white) being slain on a 13.
By reduction we have:
30 + 28 = 58
5 + 8 = 13
Canes 4 sho Bro.

Because nearly every year there is some team that puts together a surprising season. Who expected LSU to put together one of the greatest seasons ever in 2019 a year after looking like a good, but not great team the year before, and with Eddy O at the helm? Yes, they won 10 in 2018. And if last year had been a non-Covid season without Clemson like it was originally supposed to be, Miami would almost certainly have won 10.

The season hasn't started for most teams, so until proven otherwise, every fan of every team should believe their team is the one that is going to shock the world.

People who haven't watched even a single snap of the new season- who have no idea of how players progressed in the off season or have any actual knowledge about the schematic adjustments the coaches made after reviewing a full season of film - yet feel it is their duty to tell other fans that they already know the team has no chance aren't "keeping it real", they are gutless eunuchs.

Advertisement
That’s what being a fan is. Believing you’re going to win it until STATISTICALLY impossible.

I've watched the patterns here long enough to know that some are actually setting it up strategically so that the anticipated bad result will pave the way for the glorious hissyfits they will throw afterward when their unrealistic expectations aren't met. They will rage that the coaches are trash and that we need to burn it all down and start over - throwing away all the positive culture changes, better recruiting and program momentum we have all because their golden goose hasn't been delivered RIGHT NOW.

Of course if we actually do much better than expected, they will no doubt show some loud positivity. A little like the benched QB who's just watched the backup throw for 5 TDs / 450 yds and pull the big upset. "You go Manny! Great game plan! ... clap clap. ... of course UNC is the only game that really matters...."

Nailed it.

With post like

Biggest Win since 2001
The Perfect Storm
So Are we Going to Roll
etc, etc, etc.

Alabama is the defending national champs and have had the number 1 recruiting classes for the last 5 years
Alabama is favored by 18.5 points.

Why do you create an expectation that comes from Fantasy Land? Keep it real. IMO, If we keep it to 2 TDs then we have exceeded expectations and build momemtun for the future when we play the ACC.

1980 US Olympic Hockey Team

1983 NC State vs Houston

1990 Buster Douglas vs Mike Tyson

1994 Geroge Foreman vs Michael Moorer

2001 Patriots vs Rams

instances where people said " no chance"

People have hope for various reasons and thats ok. This is the best team we've had in awhile and staff wise as well.... theres hope and nothing wring with hope.

Personally do I think we'll win? No i dont but that doesnt mean others cant.

Advertisement

1983 NC State vs Houston

2001 Patriots vs Rams

People have hope for various reasons and thats ok. This is the best team we've had in awhile and staff wise as well.... theres hope and nothing wring with hope.

Upsets happen every year. This year won't be any different. Top teams lose a game that they shouldn't every year, why not us?

Advertisement

1983 NC State vs Houston

2001 Patriots vs Rams

You missed a couple biggies - 2007 SB where the 10-6 Giants beat 16-0 NE. Then a few years later a 9-7 Giants team beat a 13-3 NE team for the SB again. Both times they beat the GOAT coach and the GOAT QB in the history of the NFL.

In CFB - Stanford was a 41 point underdog to #1 USC in 2007, coached by Pete Carroll. USC was on a 35 game home win streak and Stanford was coming off a 1 win season. Stanford fans should have kept it real and admitted they were going to lose so there was no point in playing.

Last edited:
We have stupid fans. We’ve always had stupid fans. The 2021 Canes are not hard to figure out. We’ll be very good on offense and just blah on D. All of that leads to 9-3. It is what it is
You have to be a true genius to have dropped this one on us dummies.

Because ************, somebody has to beat them. I'm sure some pessimistic Buckeye fans were posting the same **** before the National title game against and you see how that turned out. The juggernaut doesn't always win. This is our team and we will ride for them until the end. **** outta here with all that defeatist “but but daddy it's ‘Bama, they're scary” sniveling baby bull****. That's some ***** talk. Just keeping it real!

This guy gets it.

MFers wanna throw in the towel when the score is still 0 - 0.

With post like

Biggest Win since 2001
The Perfect Storm
So Are we Going to Roll
etc, etc, etc.

Alabama is the defending national champs and have had the number 1 recruiting classes for the last 5 years
Alabama is favored by 18.5 points.

Why do you create an expectation that comes from Fantasy Land? Keep it real. IMO, If we keep it to 2 TDs then we have exceeded expectations and build momemtun for the future when we play the ACC.
You're not going to get any fans with the post, but you're right

However, it's not about fantasy bro...we're all fans, and at the end of the day you either are one or you're not...and if you don't understand that. No one can help you

I'm sure most of us are realistic, but when you spend the kind of time and money, and love...that we do in our team. No one wants reality, we want to have a good time.

It's kind of like betting on **** you know nothing about just to give a ****.

Calm down. You really don't need the attention of getting reactions on a free message board..to make a point. We're all good.

Let's go Canes!

Advertisement
Back