Why do the majority on this board continue to live in a fantasy land?

AliveFrailChital-max-1mb.gif

Welcome to Fantasy Island!

Advertisement
With post like

Biggest Win since 2001
The Perfect Storm
So Are we Going to Roll
etc, etc, etc.

Alabama is the defending national champs and have had the number 1 recruiting classes for the last 5 years
Alabama is favored by 18.5 points.

Why do you create an expectation that comes from Fantasy Land? Keep it real. IMO, If we keep it to 2 TDs then we have exceeded expectations and build momemtun for the future when we play the ACC.
When you park my car, keep it up front. 💯

Last edited:
Advertisement
With post like

Biggest Win since 2001
The Perfect Storm
So Are we Going to Roll
etc, etc, etc.

Alabama is the defending national champs and have had the number 1 recruiting classes for the last 5 years

Why do you create an expectation that comes from Fantasy Land? Keep it real. IMO, If we keep it to 2 TDs then we have exceeded expectations and build momemtun for the future when we play the ACC.
Read the game day posts. The anger negativity and sht talk will be out and back by play number 2.

Advertisement
With post like

Biggest Win since 2001
The Perfect Storm
So Are we Going to Roll
etc, etc, etc.

I can't speak for any other Cane Fan but this right here is why I'll always be a believer.

It's time to shock the college football world again.

Go Canes!!

but for how long? 🤔
If you get a ban and try to come back on an alt account or use an alt account, the ban time is doubled.

So… if you get a permanent ban you have nothing to lose.

I don’t know how long. That’s an Andrew thing.

I've watched the patterns here long enough to know that some are actually setting it up strategically so that the anticipated bad result will pave the way for the glorious hissyfits they will throw afterward when their unrealistic expectations aren't met. They will rage that the coaches are trash and that we need to burn it all down and start over - throwing away all the positive culture changes, better recruiting and program momentum we have all because their golden goose hasn't been delivered RIGHT NOW.

Of course if we actually do much better than expected, they will no doubt show some loud positivity. A little like the benched QB who's just watched the backup throw for 5 TDs / 450 yds and pull the big upset. "You go Manny! Great game plan! ... clap clap. ... of course UNC is the only game that really matters...."
Here it comes!!!! As you correctly stated Echtcane: "I've watched the patterns here long enough to know that some are actually setting it up strategically so that the anticipated bad result will pave the way for the glorious hissyfits they will throw afterward when their unrealistic expectations aren't met. They will rage that the coaches are trash and that we need to burn it all down and start over - throwing away all the positive culture changes, better recruiting and program momentum we have all because their golden goose hasn't been delivered RIGHT NOW."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here it comes!!!!
Yep. Game thread was a gold mine for that stuff. The team we played was just a continuation of the machine blasted the OSU team that had just blown out Clemson last year. And we've still got a lot of building to do to get near that level. Before the game, most everyone in college football seemed to know that, but we've got some fans who pretend to be stunned by reality so that they can vent their usual agenda. I hope the team and coaches can tune out the ignorant venting.

Yep. Game thread was a gold mine for that stuff. The team we played was just a continuation of the machine blasted the OSU team that had just blown out Clemson last year. And we've still got a lot of building to do to get near that level. Before the game, most everyone in college football seemed to know that, but we've got some fans who pretend to be stunned by reality so that they can vent their usual agenda. I hope the team and coaches can tune out the ignorant venting.
Now that is keeping it real.

I've watched the patterns here long enough to know that some are actually setting it up strategically so that the anticipated bad result will pave the way for the glorious hissyfits they will throw afterward when their unrealistic expectations aren't met. They will rage that the coaches are trash and that we need to burn it all down and start over - throwing away all the positive culture changes, better recruiting and program momentum we have all because their golden goose hasn't been delivered RIGHT NOW.

Of course if we actually do much better than expected, they will no doubt show some loud positivity. A little like the benched QB who's just watched the backup throw for 5 TDs / 450 yds and pull the big upset. "You go Manny! Great game plan! ... clap clap. ... of course UNC is the only game that really matters...."
YOU NAILED IT! LOL

Advertisement
Back