Why do so many people consider Sean Taylor the greatest Miam

Advertisement
Before Sean passed away boy had like 6 Ints and it was like week 9.

Only man I have EVER seen run up to the line of scrimmage like he was gonna blitz...once the ball was snapped, he was 40 yards deep and had a PBU almost at will. He could do that ANYTIME he wanted to on the pro level. Unreal. Super human.

Anyone who saw him play understands. However, who is our GOAT is discussed often and there are many qualified. For me it has always been and still is the Mad Stork. Our program is so loaded that if is hard to even pick greatest at a position, no less overall. We can argue over who is best but must agree that we are blessed to have so many.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;1aS82rYtWs4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aS82rYtWs4[/video]

[video=youtube;fDEBXNelVQo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDEBXNelVQo[/video]

Remember Sean had not peaked as a player when he passed.

Last edited:
ST was cut down in his prime. His pro career at the comparable stage was close to that of Reed. We will never know what kind of pro he would have been. His 2002 season at UM was as good as any season Reed had here. Both are giants.

ST was cut down in his prime. His pro career at the comparable stage was close to that of Reed. We will never know what kind of pro he would have been. His 2002 season at UM was as good as any season Reed had here. Both are giants. BTW, Reed entered the league at 24, ST died at 24.

This post makes me ******* SICK... almost literally wanna do physical damage to u OP.. SMH im done with this site for the day

Advertisement
I do think that Reed was the better player/leader here.

That said, Reed became a great safety his last couple seasons whereas Sean was a stud the moment he got a chance.

I also think that Reed would've had the better pro career.

This is like the MJ vs. Lebron debate in the fact that MJ was a one or two position player and LBJ can probably play all 5 and be effective at each one. Sean could play multiple positions on the field and be good to great at all of them. He was a freak at safety and will forever be my favorite player. Ed is all time though.

Advertisement
FSU in the rain. Sit anyone in front of that game. When it's over say "Sean Taylor was the best football player ever", and they won't argue.

Advertisement
Because he had superhuman abilities!?!? Because he was 6'2, 230, ran a 4.5 yet played safety?!?! Because he probably could've played several other positions at a high if not elite leve!?! Because he destroyed FSU at the Doak like no one ever before?!?!?! Because his bone-crushing hits struck fear in opposing defenses?!?! Because he could literally do it all (make hits, pick the ball off, score, block FGs, run back punt returns)?!?! Becsuse he made our offense better?!?! Because he brought it every play no matter who he was playing against?!?! Because of moments like this:

RIP ST26 GO CANES!!!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-fr8hrONBBo[/video]

As much as Taylor, Reed and Lewis are some of the all time great defenders, I would just remind people that there was once a LB named LT who was the most dominating defender I ever saw

I agree ddann Blades was as good as Reed and Taylor ,and the best part is all 3 were Canes

Advertisement
Back