Why did UGA Fire Richt?

Advertisement
just met with a big UGA booster. basically he took the poison pill to get out of there by hiring a terrible offensive coordinator. richt wanted out.

sauces tell me that MR had been hinting for more than a year that **** wasnt right

Fifteen years ago, you could have asked anybody in Athens how would they feel about having a coach that wins 10 games every year and they would have gone said **** yes. Fifteen years of 10 win football later, their expectations have changed. Some say Richt isn't good enough to get them over the hump, others say Richt hit Georgia's ceiling. I'm hoping for the later.

what latter?

Advertisement
just met with a big UGA booster. basically he took the poison pill to get out of there by hiring a terrible offensive coordinator. richt wanted out.

Makes perfect sense considering he rejected UM's advances a couple weeks before UGA fired him. If he wanted out, he would have jumped on UM's offer.

richt made expectations a title or bust in athens. people forget before him only jim donnan won at georgia. period. richt didn't win a nc although he came close twice. one year him and lsu both lost 2 games lsu got title game bid. he almost won in 2012 but lost title game to bama on a fluke play i might add. and the last 2 yrs his team o nly won 10 and lost east to missouri and florida.

people see it as underachieving. i see it as a coach who had more success at georgia then almost any coach in history getting fired for not being saban. yes east was down but missouri and florida werent exactly horrible teams. florida was diffrent team with and without grier.

he was also force to hire pruitt as dc and just had run hsi course at georgia with current ad. if kirby smart doesn't win a national title in next 4 seasons he will be fired also. they set the bar its national title ro bust. i don't expect kirby to win 10 games on avg either. its hard to out bama bama and thats what georgia will try to do.

richt made expectations a title or bust in athens. people forget before him only jim donnan won at georgia. period. richt didn't win a nc although he came close twice. one year him and lsu both lost 2 games lsu got title game bid. he almost won in 2012 but lost title game to bama on a fluke play i might add. and the last 2 yrs his team o nly won 10 and lost east to missouri and florida.

people see it as underachieving. i see it as a coach who had more success at georgia then almost any coach in history getting fired for not being saban. yes east was down but missouri and florida werent exactly horrible teams. florida was diffrent team with and without grier.

he was also force to hire pruitt as dc and just had run hsi course at georgia with current ad. if kirby smart doesn't win a national title in next 4 seasons he will be fired also. they set the bar its national title ro bust. i don't expect kirby to win 10 games on avg either. its hard to out bama bama and thats what georgia will try to do.

Jim Donnan's the only guy who won at UGA? The guy they fired before hiring Richt? Didn't Vince Dooley win a NC there?

Jim Donnan's the only guy who won at UGA? The guy they fired before hiring Richt? Didn't Vince Dooley win a NC there?

sorry got wrong guy . yes i th ink it was dooley not donnan. i got confused forgive me . lol only 1 coach has won a title at georgia in poll era and i think u are right was dooley.

Advertisement

Yea. Dooley won a title there (well, er Herschel Walker did). Donnan was a failure to UGA people cause he was always talking about how much talent he had at UGA and then lose. He also couldn't beat GTech enough to satisfy the Dawgfans. That school was in total flux before Richt, and the flux wasn't good!

Richt couldn't win the big games. He was like John Cooper at Ohio Taint, but Cooper didn't get to stick around as long.

Advertisement
McGarity is a terrible AD. Their loss, our gain.

I don't know that he's a terrible AD and I think it was a good call by them. The reason I say that is they've got all the bells and whistles in a talent rich state, but little to show for it in hardware in recent times.

It all boils down to this for me. Someone stays in their current employment role in any company or professional as long as he has, they've probably lost their fire. I don't even believe it's intentional, it's just human nature. You get comfortable, used to doing things a certain way, and when you're doing a good job that's good enough. Compare that to when you started, it's night and day as you came in wanting to do your best....ready to conquer the world.

Now Richt is at the place that gave him the opportunity to begin his career as a student athlete that's led him back to where he is. He has the opportunity to pay that belief in him back by raising us from the ashes. He should be inspired and motivated, hopefully it all works out. UGA got themselves an unproven commodity, but he has the resume that justifies taking a chance on him.

Makes perfect sense considering he rejected UM's advances a couple weeks before UGA fired him. If he wanted out, he would have jumped on UM's offer.

his wife did not want to move. once he was fired it was no brainer that he would coach in 2016. post less think more.

Advertisement
Richt couldn't win the big games. He was like John Cooper at Ohio Taint, but Cooper didn't get to stick around as long.

9-5 in bowls at Georgia but the guy still has the misconception of not being able to win big games. I guess you only consider the national championship to be a big game?

He had a .740 win percentage. According to Wiki, that is UGA's highest win percentage for a coach since a guy named Harry Stedgemen went .741 from 1920-1922.

Larry Coker was 60-15 and .800 winning percentage here.

9-5 in bowls at Georgia but the guy still has the misconception of not being able to win big games. I guess you only consider the national championship to be a big game?

LOL. You fluffers never learn. You go through all these mental contortions attempting to disprove what everyone knows--Richt couldn't win big games. You show me a fcking bowl record? How many of those bowl games were "big games"?

his wife did not want to move. once he was fired it was no brainer that he would coach in 2016. post less think more.

So, in your hockey helmet wearing world he wanted out at UGA, UM gave him that chance by trying to hire him away from UGA, but he told UM thanks but no thanks. It makes more sense to your undeveloped brain that he intentionally hired a bozo OC so that he could tank the season and get fired.

I fear for our country's future with mutants like you bumbling around. I just hope that natural selection continues to deprive you of the opportunity to procreate.

Advertisement
Back